Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be also taking delivery from Raleigh, NC. I assume you do not want to wait for the potential EV credit then?
Ideally yes. However, this is a Christmas gift for my wife and I have never been able to do something like this in the past financially so I don't want to ruin it. I am not 100% convinced this EV Credit will pass honestly. My thought was we could always sell, probably at break even or profit, and then buy again in 2022 or 2023. I also wanted to avoid anticipated price changes towards year end. Good luck to you!

Reactions: t.e.s.l.a_dude
Just got a 1 month EDD slip...

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero Wheels / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31/21
3rd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
I understand that it's an imperfect world but Tesla needs to either slow down or get their act together. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for you but that would require a phone call to tesla in my world! Unacceptable. Fix your communication habits Tesla!!!

If you wait for a VIN you can only hold for 30 days max, or at least I havent seen anyone that was able to do it for more.
I believe that 30 day limit is for when you are scheduled for delivery. You can push your delivery by up to 30 days.

For all the "order on hold" people like myself, when are you going to lift the hold?
I'm getting mine off hold today. I figure it'll take at least a couple days to get assigned a VIN (very unlikely). Then I can push my delivery by up to 30 days if I'm assigned a delivery date. That way I can creep into 2022.

Delivery day arrived yesterday. It was an awesome day filled with excitement and anxiety (based on horror stories read here and on Reddit).

I'm happy to report the experience was great and the car is as near perfect as I could hope. I had a 300+ mile journey home from NJ to my island home in Vermont. The entire ride was a joy. This car is scary fast.

Observations:
  • Panels look good all around.
  • USB-C and wireless charging installed.
  • No excessive wind noise but the rear passenger windows outermost top weather strip is not uniformly flush to the glass. Not something i would have even noticed if I wasn't going over it with a fine tooth comb. I will schedule a mobile service for this.
  • steering alignment seems perfect.
  • glass looks good.
  • tires are smooth and well balanced
  • interior is flawless as far as I can tell (or care for that matter).

My overall impression is that I wouldn't have even been looking for the few minor issues I found if I hadn't been combing forums. I'm glad I noticed them and that none of the truly serious issues are present. For those of you waiting for your delivery, hang in there. It's an exciting experience and the anticipation will be rewarded.

Just got a 1 month EDD slip...

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero Wheels / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31/21
3rd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
I understand that it's an imperfect world but Tesla needs to either slow down or get their act together. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for you but that would require a phone call to tesla in my world! Unacceptable. Fix your communication habits Tesla!!!

Lol, I'm much less upset about this than you are, my friend, but thanks for your ire. :)

I ordered on Thursday (a holiday). Friday's update saw them provide a better estimate than "February 2022", and then on Tuesday (two business days later) they corrected the update. In three business days they've provided two updates... I'm okay with this. I expect the oscillation will slow and future EDD updates will come less frequently.

BTW, from my perspective, I *want* a delivery in 2022... if there's an EV Tax Credit coming I won't qualify for it at all if I take delivery in 2021. And regardless of whether Congress makes that $8K available or not I have to raise $40-50K from my portfolio to pay for this bad boy. I just retired this year, I want that stock sale to happen in January so any Capital Gains will be in a year when I have significantly less taxable income. :)

Woke up to Vision Agreement and VIN this morning! Order date of 11/15 and picking up at Mt. Kisco, NY. EDD is now 12/11 – 12/17.

Model 3 LR | Dark Blue Metallic | White Interior | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD Timeline

Original EDD (11/15): December
11/16: January 11 – February 8
11/20: December 9 – 31
11/23: December 14 – 28
11/30: December 11 – 17
So exciting!! I hope I’m next! Mt kisco for me too..
OD 11/4
M3LR white/white 19” no FSD
Current EDD dec8-22

Reactions: Renoir
Woke up to Vision Agreement and VIN this morning! Order date of 11/15 and picking up at Mt. Kisco, NY. EDD is now 12/11 – 12/17.

Model 3 LR | Dark Blue Metallic | White Interior | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD Timeline

Original EDD (11/15): December
11/16: January 11 – February 8
11/20: December 9 – 31
11/23: December 14 – 28
11/30: December 11 – 17
@EV70 I hope you got something this morning as well.

Financing question for anyone that used Tesla to finance.

Last task for me to "complete" on my app is issuing final payment before delivery is taken. I am picking up my M3 at our local Tesla location next week. Bringing my downpayment in a form of a cashiers check. For anyone that has used Tesla finance, is that all I need? I just assume Tesla will understand that I'm financing the rest through them and all I need is my downpayment and necessary identification?

Financing question for anyone that used Tesla to finance.

Last task for me to "complete" on my app is issuing final payment before delivery is taken. I am picking up my M3 at our local Tesla location next week. Bringing my downpayment in a form of a cashiers check. For anyone that has used Tesla finance, is that all I need? I just assume Tesla will understand that I'm financing the rest through them and all I need is my downpayment and necessary identification?
You will see the breakdown on your main account page. Also as your delivery date (2-3 days prior) approaches, you’ll be asked to make your final payment on the app, where you will see the out of pocket payment due. In my case it was $.67 because my trade in paid for half of the car.

I believe that 30 day limit is for when you are scheduled for delivery. You can push your delivery by up to 30 days.

I'm getting mine off hold today. I figure it'll take at least a couple days to get assigned a VIN (very unlikely). Then I can push my delivery by up to 30 days if I'm assigned a delivery date. That way I can creep into 2022.
Where did you hear about 30 day limit for when you are scheduled for delivery? Because I had a VIN and had to let the car go. They did not give me an option of holding the car. From what I know they do not hold cars they just give it to the next person in line.