Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my M3LR. Appreciate the support/help people out here have provided. So many groups respond with "you can use google for that" or "go search for yourself" or the like. You've all been great helping this future owner. Electrician coming Friday for the NEMA 14-50 install (not at all worth it for me to pay the extra $550 to upgrade from 30mph charge to a 37 mph charge...but that's me). So you guys have already saved me $500...thx lol!

Just ordered my M3LR. Appreciate the support/help people out here have provided. So many groups respond with "you can use google for that" or "go search for yourself" or the like. You've all been great helping this future owner. Electrician coming Friday for the NEMA 14-50 install (not at all worth it for me to pay the extra $550 to upgrade from 30mph charge to a 37 mph charge...but that's me). So you guys have already saved me $500...thx lol!
Almost went with the NEMA 14-50 setup as well, but ended up with the wall connector for $500 (purchased the night before it went up to $550). My electricity provider offers a $250 check/rebate for a level 2 charger installation and I believe I can get a 30% federal credit against that $500 purchase as well. The cost was very minimal at that point between the two for me.

Usage patterns are unique to the car owner. But overall, bery, very few people need either amount of charging (I.e. 30 or 37). OEMs push the fastest possible home charging (i.e. highest amperage) so as to reassure customers that EV ownership is doable. But, in many regions the average daily commute is <50 miles round trip. YMMV, pardon the pun.

Almost went with the NEMA 14-50 setup as well, but ended up with the wall connector for $500 (purchased the night before it went up to $550). My electricity provider offers a $250 check/rebate for a level 2 charger installation and I believe I can get a 30% federal credit against that $500 purchase as well. The cost was very minimal at that point between the two for me.
Here in NJ they pay for everything so we don't have to worry. This is the last year for this deal. I actually got more information about this today. They will pay up to $5000 if you have to get service upgrade. Which I have to so they're basically paying for the instal and upgrade. All I have to do is buy the charger. Which like you said we get a 30% federal tax credit for anyway.

Reactions: 7rugby and Soap
hey people quick question a little outside of waiting.
i just finished a few days ago approval for financing through for their advertised 2.49 rate. the approval was for "us bank", i called them to get the term paperwork from them so i can have my credit union rate match them, but when they answered they said itll all be from tesla because its a 3rd party loan. i call tesla and she tells me there is no paper work that she has access to.
how do i get this information?

hey people quick question a little outside of waiting.
i just finished a few days ago approval for financing through for their advertised 2.49 rate. the approval was for "us bank", i called them to get the term paperwork from them so i can have my credit union rate match them, but when they answered they said itll all be from tesla because its a 3rd party loan. i call tesla and she tells me there is no paper work that she has access to.
how do i get this information?
You should get quotes from outside of teslas financing. You’ll almost certainly get better rates if your credit is good.

I spoke with a team member from tesla financing and they basically admitted their financing was for anyone that couldn’t get a better deal elsewhere first.

You should get quotes from outside of teslas financing. You’ll almost certainly get better rates if your credit is good.

I spoke with a team member from tesla financing and they basically admitted their financing was for anyone that couldn’t get a better deal elsewhere first.
i recieved a quote from my credit union (whom ive bought a used car through them before) but their lowest at the moment is 3 percent for a 72month term.
im not sure if i running my credit all over the place was gonna kill my credit so i kind of tried to keep it between them.
first time buy a brand new car so i dont have a history of this big of a purchase

i recieved a quote from my credit union (whom ive bought a used car through them before) but their lowest at the moment is 3 percent for a 72month term.
im not sure if i running my credit all over the place was gonna kill my credit so i kind of tried to keep it between them.
first time buy a brand new car so i dont have a history of this big of a purchase
I see I see. My friend and I have both received sub 2% offers from shopping around so that’s where I was coming from. I think I’ve seen a few posters here get better offers from outside tesla too but yeah not sure how it would effect your credit if you shop around a lot. I would think it wouldn’t be a hard credit pull for quotes and just a soft pull though. But idk haha.

Reactions: sliggy
Ordered 11/28
EDD 01/20-02/17

Decided to buy the wall connector. My estimates were just a few hundred dollar difference and the reliability of having a stationary charger is worth it. Knowing myself I will end up forgetting the mobile connector at home when I need it most 😂

I've also been reading without posting for a while (meaning ever), but my EDD just shifted later after a period of no change, so I thought I'd add my stats. I'm a bit outside of Chicago (close to the Highland Park location), OD 10/5/21, M3LR DBM/Black, 18" no FSD. From order date until today EDD 11/11/21 - 12/9/21, but now it's 11/21-12/5.
T minus 12 hours, 30 minutes until direct delivery (give or take an hour). You all have been great with the wait! I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Reactions: Soap and pcrisologo
So after waiting a whole week on the admins of this site to approve(?) my account and not responding to my email I ended up creating a new account..... I've been refreshing here about 4747373 times a day and reading all the coments and I'm inpressed with everyone's feedback.

Order details:
M3LR, white/white, 18", no FSD
OD 10/29
EDD 12/23-12/31 from day one and has not changed.
As much as I want to get the car now, I'm kinda hoping it'll be after 1/1/22 in anticipation of the BBB.

Yea pretty much! I’m literally 5 miles away. Looking at how ppl’s edd is changing i wont be surprised if orders in cali are going to be pushed out.
I think they’ll most likely just delay vehicles from other areas that cost more to transport and take more time since I’m sure there are tons of unfulfilled California orders that they’ll push for all of December. Highly doubt Bay Area will get a delayed delivery, but very likely for a 12/31 delivery at the factory.

I think they’ll most likely just delay vehicles from other areas that cost more to transport and take more time since I’m sure there are tons of unfulfilled California orders that they’ll push for all of December. Highly doubt Bay Area will get a delayed delivery, but very likely for a 12/31 delivery at the factory.
Yea we’ll see what happens! Sucks for the few on this thread that’s getting their EDD push till next year unless thats what they wanted since the BBB plan is still in the works.

Reactions: HarpoonS
EDD just got pushed from 12/13-12/31 to 2/10-3/10. OD 11/8, Boston MA.

Anyone else get bumped like this?
I got bumped from from a similar time frame to late Jan/early Feb (OD 11/5, Austin, TX).

I still think that with people passing on 2020 deliveries, it might still shift back to December. The dates seem very fluid and it wouldn't surprise me to log in tomorrow and find a VIN.

my EDD went from 11/28-12/11 to 11/30-12/11. I'm assuming tomorrow, another two day bump. OD 10/23. white/black/19"