Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't say that is true. BBB is definitely not stalled anymore.

Manchin said yesterday that he doesn’t think it will happen this year:

So not sure how relevant this is to everyone but I got insurance through who i've had insurance for years (Allstate) I've always loved them BUT they were asking for 190$ a month for insurance and that's just a lot.... So I looked at Tesla insurance here in Texas and it's going to be about $119 with a few adds by me. This is cheaper than my current insurance on my xt4.

ALSO what I feel isn't talked about with insurance is there's "in network" and "out of network" insurance auto body shops and not all auto body shops are certified to work on Teslas. So I heard a few horror stories of Tesla owners caught between Tesla, and the insurance company because they could not find an auto body shop "in network" AND are Certified to work on Teslas. I'm hoping going with Tesla insurance this will cut out that as a possible issue.

So I read a TON of reviewed on reddit about positive experiences with Tesla insurance and made the flip! And I feel pretty good about it -- So just sharing with everyone here -- even if if you can get a cheaper quote through your own insurance company (it might not actually be a good idea) and IF you can get Tesla insurance, it's worth looking at it.

I think only CA and TX can get insurance through Tesla (big bummer) but wanted to share.
I had planned to look into the Tesla option as well but also hadn't considered the concerns you have brought up. Good post.

Responded to an email from the tesla shop after ordering the 18" winter aero tire package with my assigned VIN. Got an email back saying to schedule a service appointment through the app. I Replied (CCing my SAs) that I don't have access to do so because the car isn't delivered yet.

Sales Associate called me up. Super nice. Explained that they can't do anything to the car until I accept delivery (which I totally understand). Just said after delivery he'd help set up a service appt for me in the showroom. Also told me to expect a text in a few days for scheduling delivery between the 14-15 (said it should arrive on the 13th but it's "fluid" - again, understandable).

--

In chatting with him he said Mt Kisco, NY is doing 80-100 deliveries a day which I thought was interesting. I assume as people drive off they're nabbing from another lot and setting up for the next delivery.

I also asked about inspecting the car beforehand and he confirmed that I should bring a certified check as planned rather than pay through the app. "If you don't accept delivery or find a problem your money could be in limbo for 6-8 weeks if you choose ACH or other online payment." I thought I'd share that bit as it could be useful to others wondering about payment.

Reactions: tm1v2
Delivery day:
OD: 10/26 White/Black/No FSD, aero
11/26: Trade in text
11/29: Vin
12/2: Deliver scheduled at 5pm in Bloomington, IL
The SA was nice, but wanted to get it done fast. He was not willing to hang around for questions/chit chat etc.
The car came with everything on it (USB-c, wireless charging etc). Exterior looked great, panel gaps within acceptable ranges.

As soon as I took it on the highway, I started getting repeated messages regarding both the left and right pillar camera being blinded. When I turned on autopilot this morning, it seemed to apply phantom brakes. I am at a point where I wouldnt trust the autopilot with just vision. I'm glad I did not get the full fsd.
Overall, the ride is awesome.

Delivery day:
The SA was nice, but wanted to get it done fast. He was not willing to hang around for questions/chit chat etc.
The car came with everything on it (USB-c, wireless charging etc). Exterior looked great, panel gaps within acceptable ranges.

As soon as I took it on the highway, I started getting repeated messages regarding both the left and right pillar camera being blinded. When I turned on autopilot this morning, it seemed to apply phantom brakes. I am at a point where I wouldnt trust the autopilot with just vision. I'm glad I did not get the full fsd.
Wow that is an amazing turn around time from VIN assignment to pickup. Congrats and I hope the autopilot/cameras will get better through use or updates

Delivery day:

You may want to recalibrate the cameras and take a little drive. Check the manual (the last note shows how to enable recalibration)

Also... congrats!

If a camera has shifted from its calibrated position (for example, the camera or windshield was replaced), you must clear the calibration. To do so, touch Controls > Service > Camera Calibration > Clear Calibration. When the calibration is cleared, Model 3 repeats the calibration process.

Manchin said yesterday that he doesn’t think it will happen this year:
Doesn't matter when the bill gets passed. If it gets passed it'll apply to EVs bought 1/1/22 onwards. No harm in waiting for a few extra weeks for a potential 7.5K in free money.