Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't matter when the bill gets passed. If it gets passed it'll apply to EVs bought 1/1/22 onwards. No harm in waiting for a few extra weeks for a potential 7.5K in free money.
I also believe that this will be the case, however, there is no guarantee. They might decide to make it effective from the date the bill is signed, say on March 1, 2022 and we would not benefit if we take delivery before then.

M3LR, Blue, aero, noFSD, NorCal Bay Area
OD: 10/9
Original EDD: 11/10-11/25
Current EDD: 12/4-12/16

I seriously don't understand how Tesla's system assigns VINs and del dates. Monitoring this thread and other places, looks like others have jumped ahead a month, hell, I've even seen 2-week OD to actual del on 3LRs. Makes no sense at all. Yeah I get it, maybe someone cancelled and it was exactly their config, etc etc...

(Yes, I know, tons of other people with the same struggle.)

I seriously don't understand how Tesla's system assigns VINs and del dates. Monitoring this thread and other places, looks like others have jumped ahead a month, hell, I've even seen 2-week OD to actual del on 3LRs. Makes no sense at all. Yeah I get it, maybe someone cancelled and it was exactly their config, etc etc...

I think the best approach is... not to try to assign logic to it!

The more reading and data points I get, the less I know about their “system”. I’m still well within my original EDD so I don’t have much to complain about, but I would be extremely aggravated in your position. Hopefully your number will be drawn out of the hat soon.

I also believe that this will be the case, however, there is no guarantee. They might decide to make it effective from the date the bill is signed, say on March 1, 2022 and we would not benefit if we take delivery before then.
Totally. Since it’s tied to the 2022 tax year I still feel optimistic it’ll count from Jan 1 forward, but you’re right, there’s no way to know.

The more reading and data points I get, the less I know about their “system”. I’m still well within my original EDD so I don’t have much to complain about, but I would be extremely aggravated in your position. Hopefully your number will be drawn out of the hat soon.

I truly believe you have the black hole of configurations. I have the same config and my EDD got bumped to Feb with an 8/15 OD. I ordered a different config with a different delivery location this morning and I’m anxious to see which shows up first!

INDY UPDATE | Delivery Scheduled 😳

M3LR White / Black / Aero / NO FSD

Ordered: 11/04/2021
1st EDD: (Order Day ETA) 12/01 - 12/24
2nd EDD: (11/23) 12/10 - 12/24
3rd EDD: (11/28) 12/12 - 12/16 | Received Trade in Text in the early AM. Hours later in the day, Vision agreement was present, accepted, and VIN was received. Another few hours later, ETA changed to the 4 day window listed prior to this wall of text.
UPDATE: (12/01) Orientation Text
4th EDD: (11/30) 12/08 - 12/14
UPDATE: (12/03) Received a delivery text, email, and notice in the app! Scheduled the closest date they had on 12/13 @ 4-6PM.

Refreshed app after confirming delivery date and time and the first two achievements are complete.

Payment/Document review and everything else is still greyed out and inaccessible.

… and back to refreshing 😅

Just joined the club today.

M3LR, White, White/Black interior, 18" aero wheels (will be replacing with aftermarket anyway), noFSD,
OD: 12/3, quoted delivery in Feb. Hoping for Jan/Feb as early as possible after the 8K tax credit becomes law (if it does). If no I'll flip my order to a Performance.

Reactions: Nickoliz
99495BA8-07CA-4C0F-8980-69E2DBF2339E.jpeg
5BE49E9E-F0A1-453B-9F56-9FDEBE989CBE.jpeg
I had a successful delivery today, arrived a few minutes early to go over the car. No major glaring issues, all minor “within spec”, in my mind, fitment. It had the USBs and wireless charging installed. Looking forward to tomorrow so I can install the accessories I accumulated during the wait.

On another note, my SA mentioned that they did 47 deliveries today, I was amazed at the efficiency. Kudos to all of us though, we came prepared with knowledge, if they had to actually sit with each customer to go over the cars, there would’ve been no way they could’ve accomplished this.

Kudos to all of us though, we came prepared with knowledge, if they had to actually sit with each customer to go over the cars, there would’ve been no way they could’ve accomplished this.
No kidding. Ideally with all the interim time between order and pick up, I'd hope most people do enough research that they can inspect the car, call it good, hop in and go. I know I plan on making delivery short as possible.

This seems slightly odd to me… But I’m trading in my current car. I accepted the offer, and they’re asking me to mail in my title and paper documents prior to delivery. They driving the car from a location to my house. I’m slightly uneasy about mailing my title off before I actually get, see, or accept delivery of the car!

Is this common? I have to mail in my documents days before my delivery date, including the title.

Ordered my M3 LR first week of October. VIN still not assigned. EDD was December 23-31 and today they updated it to December 5 - 17. Still nothing. When do you think I will get VIN? :(
Northern California.

I ordered mine in October as well. 20th. And I have a delivery date for the 11th. I would take a guess that you should get it soon! I did have the vin about 2 weeks before I scheduled delivery. But I’ve heard from others they got assigned a vin and delivery all within a week. Not sure how that varies from state to state. I’m in Texas.

Model 3 Long Range White on White with Aero wheels

10/03/21: ordered. EDD Nov 26 - Dec 16
10/08/21: EDD changed to Nov 12 - Dec 10
11/06/21: EDD changed again to Dec 11 - 31
11/20/21: EDD changed to Dec 23 - Dec 31
12/03/21: EDD changed to Dec 5 - Dec 17
…and today it’s December 3 🙃 still no VIN number.

It’s getting more and more interesting LOL

Sacramento, CA 🥺