Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be jealous of all the people that had EDD changes.. Not anymore.. I feel like they are just going to keep on pushing back..

OD 10/30, M3LR, DBM, Black Int and 19's in SLC, UT

1st EDD 10/31 - 11/27-12/29
2nd EDD 11/26 - 11/28-12/12
3rd EDD 11/29 - 12/1-12/12
4th EDD 12/2 - 12/4-12/27
5th EDD 12/3 - 12/5-12/18
6th EDD TODAY 12/6 - 12/8-12/18

Still no VIN.. I've checked source as well.

The current wording is as follows:

(A) to ensure that each vehicle manufactured by
such manufacturer after the later of the date on which
such agreement takes effect or December 31, 2021
, and
that meets the requirements of subparagraphs (D), (E),
and (F) of paragraph (1) and paragraph (6) of
subsection (e) is labeled with a unique vehicle
identification number

The "after the later of the date on which such agreement takes effect" makes me worried that the tax credit might be valid after it is signed to law.

The full text is here on the Congress website:

I think that part you quoted is only for manufacturer and requiring them to have unique VINs. Take out a the referencing from the sentence and you have: Ensure that each vehicle manufactured by such manufacturer after the later of the date on which such agreement takes effect or December 31, 2021, ... is labeled with a unique vehicle identification number.

The section of the bill about buying the EVs is here:
Sec. 36C. New qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles.''.
(e) Effective Dates.--
(1) The amendments made by subsections (a), (c), and (d) of
this section shall apply to vehicles acquired after December
31, 2021.
(2) The amendments made by subsection (b) shall apply to
vehicles purchased or leased after December 31, 2022.

Well, I’m officially in day one of my edd. Hopefully I get a vin soon and don’t see a push back

MSM/ white interior / 18 aero
OD: 9/18
Current edd: 12/6 - 12/31

Fingers crossed.
Mine changes the following day every day I hit day one of EDD. It's been happening since 11/27 for me. Changes 1-2 days later.

example - Yesterday my EDD was 12/5. When I woke up this morning it was 12/8. When 12/9 hits, it will likely change to 12/11...

The section of the bill about buying the EVs is here:
Sec. 36C. New qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles.''.
(e) Effective Dates.--
(1) The amendments made by subsections (a), (c), and (d) of
this section shall apply to vehicles acquired after December
31, 2021.
(2) The amendments made by subsection (b) shall apply to
vehicles purchased or leased after December 31, 2022.

Thanks for the clarification, looks indeed clear that it applies to vehicles purchased after December 31, 2021.

The second item above I believe is for the point of sale refund which will be effective in 2023, is that correct?

Reactions: Paul4343
Delivery day arrived yesterday. It was an awesome day filled with excitement and anxiety (based on horror stories read here and on Reddit).

I'm happy to report the experience was great and the car is as near perfect as I could hope. I had a 300+ mile journey home from NJ to my island home in Vermont. The entire ride was a joy. This car is scary fast.

Observations:
  • Panels look good all around.
  • USB-C and wireless charging installed.
  • No excessive wind noise but the rear passenger windows outermost top weather strip is not uniformly flush to the glass. Not something i would have even noticed if I wasn't going over it with a fine tooth comb. I will schedule a mobile service for this.
  • steering alignment seems perfect.
  • glass looks good.
  • tires are smooth and well balanced
  • interior is flawless as far as I can tell (or care for that matter).

My overall impression is that I wouldn't have even been looking for the few minor issues I found if I hadn't been combing forums. I'm glad I noticed them and that none of the truly serious issues are present. For those of you waiting for your delivery, hang in there. It's an exciting experience and the anticipation will be rewarded.
May I ask how you got to Paramus? Rental?

Thanks for the clarification, looks indeed clear that it applies to vehicles purchased after December 31, 2021.

The second item above I believe is for the point of sale refund which will be effective in 2023, is that correct?
Correct. There are a lot of words, but it essentially says you can elect the car dealer to receive the credit rather than yourself. This stuff is so hard to read though, I have to read it 5 times and it still barely makes sense 😅

Reactions: Paul4343
Im curious.... I know the car wants to know about your wheel / tire / cover configuration so it can accurately measure and predict the impact that has on your driving range. Do you happen to know how you plan to "tell" your M3 about these new covers?
I have not heard about this feature / request from the car. Is it buried in vehicle settings somewhere, or in the manual? My plan was to just replace the covers and drive as normal. I am following the advice of setting the battery display to % and not worrying about range.
I know Rimetrix has some numbers on their site about how efficient the covers are. Dunno how trustworthy they are.

Update on the missing USB ports / wireless charging saga for my vehicle: mobile service called this morning, said they are still waiting on the parts to arrive locally so need to push back my mobile service appt. Don't have an estimated delivery date for the parts, but the mobile tech did say "the parts are allocated to your specific VIN", so as soon as they come in, he can install. The tech said hopefully one more week, but can't guarantee until they get the part. I also saw I got an email, and a message within the Tesla app with the same message. So far happy with the communication updates, and it's not a big deal for me since the car goes in for PPF + tint this week.

I have not heard about this feature / request from the car. Is it buried in vehicle settings somewhere, or in the manual? My plan was to just replace the covers and drive as normal. I am following the advice of setting the battery display to % and not worrying about range.
I know Rimetrix has some numbers on their site about how efficient the covers are. Dunno how trustworthy they are.
You can find the setting config here
Wheel Config

Reactions: Guppy
Been a while since I updated my status on this thread but here we go:
M3 LR AWD/Deep Blue Metallic/AP/No FSD/19 inch sport/Black Premium interior
Closest showroom - Schaumburg, IL
Ordered M3P - 10/8/21
Switched to LR - 10/14/21
EDD 1 - 11/18 - 12/20
EDD 2 - 11/29 - 12/13
VIN assigned - 11/22
EDD 3 - 12/3 - 12/9
Scheduled pickup Delivery Date for 12/8 - 11/30
Switched to Tesla Direct Delivery for 12/8

2 more days! Gotta prep our trade in since they will be driving it back to the showroom after they drop off our 3. Also have to get some pre-delivery checklists!

Well no early pick up. So hanging out at Panera with our luggage eating lunch about 150’ away from the delivery center. (My wife says we look like homeless people, she’s not entirely wrong). 1330 can’t get here soon enough.
So I guess your taking delivery no matter what? Sounds like it is actually pretty rare for things to be so bad you wouldn't want to take delivery of the car.

So I guess your taking delivery no matter what? Sounds like it is actually pretty rare for things to be so bad you wouldn't want to take delivery of the car.

Well unless something is horribly wrong I don’t think the wife would be okay with us walking to the hotel. I’m taking on faith that the chances are astronomically small for any issue like that. I think (like most things) the bad experiences are the loudest. There are so many new Teslas parked outside here I can’t imagine a bad experience is common.

Reactions: Soap