Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im curious.... I know the car wants to know about your wheel / tire / cover configuration so it can accurately measure and predict the impact that has on your driving range. Do you happen to know how you plan to "tell" your M3 about these new covers?
Looked at the wheel settings and the current aero cover set up most closely resembles what I'll have with the Rimetrix covers. So I'll keep the config the same. Rimetrix claims efficiency very close to the OEM aero covers. Not going to stress much if it's off by 10-20 miles. Weather & driving style will have far greater effect. Now to install them!

Long time listener, first time caller.

OD: 11/24
EDD #1: February
EDD #2: 12/14-12/28

Today I got my VIN.
What's your setup? I ordered 11/22 M3LR W/B, Aero and I see lots of people getting these. I opted to take a demo that's the Blue/Wht, Aero and a 2021. Now, I'm thinking maybe I should have just waited but I really wanted the blue. Just thought white would be less of a wait.

Question for anyone who has done home delivery; If I am planning on paying my down payment with a cashiers check, do I hand it off to the person who drops off the car or am I supposed to mail it with info inside the car? I’m asking because most home deliveries I’ve read about, the delivery person was already gone by the time you come out.

Reactions: dt34
Question for anyone who has done home delivery; If I am planning on paying my down payment with a cashiers check, do I hand it off to the person who drops off the car or am I supposed to mail it with info inside the car? I’m asking because most home deliveries I’ve read about, the delivery person was already gone by the time you come out.
According to my SA, he told me a cashier check can be handed to the delivery driver for home deliveries but someone where in the other forum threads, only service centers can accept them. 🤷‍♂️

Ju
According to my SA, he told me a cashier check can be handed to the delivery driver for home deliveries but someone where in the other forum threads, only service centers can accept them. 🤷‍♂️

Hmmm, may just bite the bullet and give Plaid my bank details than change all my security again after everything is verified.
Just got off the phone with my SA. He said either a wire prior to delivery or cashiers check at time of home delivery.

So as I mentioned above, I just spoke to my SA. He sees est del date as 12/21 vs what I see 12/23-31. Based on that I might be getting it for Xmas which is great but was kind of anticipating on Jan delivery. Putting the car on hold does not guarantee whether I'm gonna get priority when hold is removed as it depends on the options selected. It may be months before I get matched to another vehicle.
I did ask him what their holiday schedule would look like and he said they'll only be closed on Xmas day so not expecting any delivery delays due to holidays.

@EV70 Based on what my SA told me, the reds and the blues are more "rare" which is most likely the cause of the delay in delivery as Tesla builds the cars in some sort of batches. White is the most common color most likely due to being a free color.