Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put my hold in back in November to be taken off on December 28th, that's 3 days 'til new year which should push me 'til 2022. It was automatically taken off hold on Christmas day. I'm suspecting Tesla *thinks* I intend to take delivery at or after December 28th, so taking my hold off 3 days earlier.

I put my hold in back in November to be taken off on December 28th, that's 3 days 'til new year which should push me 'til 2022. It was automatically taken off hold on Christmas day. I'm suspecting Tesla *thinks* I intend to take delivery at or after December 28th, so taking my hold off 3 days earlier.
Don’t be surprised if you get a VIN December 28th and request to pick up for the remaining 3 days. I’m also in NJ and my pickup is Springfield.

I've seen at least one instance of when someone got a delivery window of 1 day. I would keep the hold until at least the 30th.

Reactions: The Meal
My hold was to run thru 12/17 but on 12/13 it appeared to be taken off looking at the web and app, called Tesla and they said the hold was still there till the 17th and when I called on the 17th they said it would automatically come off at EOD. Up until EOD on the 17th my EDD showed TBD. So its possible that it looks like the hold was removed but actually is still there.

Car ended up not being delayed a day, I am picking up in a few hours. :D
(Had the option of delivery and waiting up to 2 weeks for them to install my garage door opener via mobile service, or picking it up at the end of the time window and they will connect right then. Service center is only a 20 minute drive so I opted for that. Plus if there is any bad fitment I will be there.)

Reactions: aljlin
WOOHOO!! Tesla dealer called me and asked if I can take delivery today at 3pm! OD 11/15

EDD was 1/11 - 2/8. Apparently someone passed on their order. Thank you very much to that person! I’ll post a pic.
You lucky lucky sob lol. Now I want someone to pass on my order so I can pick up early too. Looks like the person who had theirs on hold, decided to pick up/ take it so mine is now pushed back..again.

Reactions: Floydsox
But did they pass because they found something wrong with the car that Tesla says is "in spec?"
Here it is. I checked everything I could. Only problem I found is the charger port door didn’t line up flush but they said they can fix that. All other gaps looked good, electronics working. Took it for drive and everything seemed good. I’m happy
06AA6703-0436-471C-9E6D-E84ACA37B7DC.jpeg
C437D623-5EEC-420F-9A7E-E4307A8FEA71.jpeg