Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered I told them I didn't want it until next year, they assigned me a VIN and sent me papers anyway. I reminded them and told them to release the car to someone else since I didn't want it till next year and wasn't in any hurry.

One thing which concerns me is I'm having it delivered and they sent me a form telling me to sign that I had taken delivery before it even shipped. Since I cancelled anyway I didn't question them about it but I'm wondering if anyone else has been requested to do the same in case they send the same form again for next year.

Yep, agreed. Mentally braced myself for 3/31 and if it's sooner, lucky me.
I am similar to you with OD: 12/21 and EDD: 2/21-3/21 at the moment. I would like to take delivery as late into March as possible, around 3/26 would be ideal. When is the best time to contact my Tesla Advisor to tell them about this? Right now or do I wait until closer to my EDD? Anybody that has experience with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all forgot to post updates:
OD: 10/19
Pickup(Irvine): 12/24
Everything is good so far, really minor scratches that I saw and took pictures of but will take care of once I get some time.

Attachments

• 1AAB7137-2FD6-4526-8077-DD04DEA389A3.jpeg
    1AAB7137-2FD6-4526-8077-DD04DEA389A3.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: msfit1992
I am similar to you with OD: 12/21 and EDD: 2/21-3/21 at the moment. I would like to take delivery as late into March as possible, around 3/26 would be ideal. When is the best time to contact my Tesla Advisor to tell them about this? Right now or do I wait until closer to my EDD? Anybody that has experience with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated!
I think waiting until you get a VIN. Right now there isn't much they can do as far as I know.

OD: 12/3
EDDs ranged from "February" to "17 March - 15 April" to "19 December - 31 December"
VIN issued: 12/17
Delivery Scheduled 12/18 for 12/27!
On 12/23 one of the random spam phone calls I ignore turned out to actually be from a local Tesla Store. I called the number back secretly hoping for an early delivery Christmas miracle, but sadly the delivery date got a slight bump in the opposite direction. I'm now taking home delivery on 12/28 afternoon. The lady I spoke with was super cool about the whole thing. She tried to play it off as being terribly sorry (my car's not scheduled to arrive at their center until 12/27 at 10 pm), but my attitude is there are much bigger problems in the world right now than my brand new robot car delivery being delayed by 26 hours because of a slower-than-expected transit process.

My daughter caught wind over Christmas, so no whopping-huge surprise for her (I also got a 1:32 scale Proswon diecast alloy Model X in my stocking, so that would've been awkward had she not been clued in). Sadly the delay in delivery means only one set of eyes available to approve paint, fit, and finish before accepting the car as my wife leaves earlier that day for some bonus time holiday travel.

More to share as I experience it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV70
Approximately after how many days will we have scheduled delivery date after assigning VIN?
In my experience, it was the a few hours after getting the VIN. I got a text w/ a link and an email, also w/ a link -- which took me to the website. There were 3 dates available and numerous times slots to choose from.

I received my VIN (when I checked the app) last Friday, around 11:15AM. I got the text to schedule delivery at 4:24PM.

Damn. Do you also have MSM w/ black interior? VIN assignment is lottery is guess? :oops:

There is going to be a lot of us around Houston soon.
I did, but last week changed over to M3P (MSM w/black interior) I didn't want to have to worry about getting confused in the HEB parking lot if @ThePlankeEye was there at the same time. He forced my hand I guess....

I will have some 20” Überturbine wheels for sale though, already have some 18's on order to swap.