Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up mine in St. Louis. Drive about 10 miles and realized the heat wasn’t turning on. Came back in and it’s in service now. Super nice folks here. Hopefully it’s something minor and they can fix it soon.
We have a 7 hour (435 mile) drive home.

So I opened a chat with a Tesla representative early this morning to see if I could buy an inventory Tesla to short-circuit my wait. I specifically asked the agent twice whether it would be OK if I took possession this weekend or later and specifically called out that I did not want to take possession this calendar quarter. The agent asked me to wait while he checked on that and when he came back he said that would be no problem and that it would probably be even later (next week) because the car wouldn't be ready.

So I placed the order and... you guessed it. I get a call from Tesla a few hours later saying the car is ready and they want me to pick it up this week. Grrrr... now I get to fight with Tesla over this. Hopefully they will refund my order fee if they refuse to let me pick up when their agent said I could.

• Informative
Reactions: Paul4343 and JRP3
I have just got my VIN today. is it possible for me to wait till 1st Jan without keeping it on hold?
You’d provably have to call the Service advisor, or support but I don’t know whether they’d be flexible given end of the quarter/year. You might try to push on the fact that the order agreement says 3 days for delivery, but they may be strict about pickup by end of year.

White with black interior

OD 11/8
1st EDD 12/10-12/31
2nd EDD 1/10 -1/31 (don't remember the exact range here, but close to this)
3rd EDD 2/4 - 3/1 (don't remember the exact range here, but close to this)
4th EDD 3/10 - 4/7

In the SF Bay Area. Sort of shocked I got pushed back so far out.

White with black interior

OD 11/8 ... 4th EDD 3/10 - 4/7

In the SF Bay Area. Sort of shocked I got pushed back so far out.

That's weird. I'm in the same area and I ordered a white AWD with black interior (Aero) more than a month later than you on Dec 12 and my EDD is two months earlier at Jan 16 - Feb 13.

Did you place any kind of holds for a while? Did you make any changes to your configuration since you ordered? Have you had any interaction at all with someone at Tesla about your order that could have changed it? Are you paying cash? Do you have a trade-in? When I bought my first Tesla it was said that prior owners got priority over new buyers but I don't think they do that anymore and it looks like you're a prior owner also...

I would definitely call and ask what's up because that date seems way out of whack.

with 18" Aero Wheels?
Yes 18" Aeros
That's weird. I'm in the same area and I ordered a white AWD with black interior (Aero) more than a month later than you on Dec 12 and my EDD is two months earlier at Jan 16 - Feb 13.

Did you place any kind of holds for a while? Did you make any changes to your configuration since you ordered? Have you had any interaction at all with someone at Tesla about your order that could have changed it? Are you paying cash? Do you have a trade-in? When I bought my first Tesla it was said that prior owners got priority over new buyers but I don't think they do that anymore and it looks like you're a prior owner also...

I would definitely call and ask what's up because that date seems way out of whack.
Currently, I own two model 3s, an LR RWD and a 2019 Mid Range. I am trading or selling the mid-range for this White/Black with 18' Aeros. I haven't placed a hold or made any changes to the order. After my latest EDD update, I came here and started looking. I was a bit shocked people around the same order date and after were getting their orders. I called this afternoon and was basically told " sorry supply constraints. " I was offered no other explanation over the phone. It is a bit annoying.

Yes 18" Aeros

Currently, I own two model 3s, an LR RWD and a 2019 Mid Range. I am trading or selling the mid-range for this White/Black with 18' Aeros. I haven't placed a hold or made any changes to the order. After my latest EDD update, I came here and started looking. I was a bit shocked people around the same order date and after were getting their orders. I called this afternoon and was basically told " sorry supply constraints. " I was offered no other explanation over the phone. It is a bit annoying.

Wow. So you ordered the exact same config as I, in the same area as I, a month earlier than I and yet your delivery date is 2 months later than mine? That is crazy.

The only other thing I can think of is FSD. I ordered without FSD. Did you order with FSD and if so is it possible there is some upcoming FSD hardware change that may be delaying orders?