Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking forward to never having to wait in line for gas ⛽

Oh, let me tell you, that is GLLLOOOORRRIOUSSSSSS. If you have charging at home that will cover your needs, so supercharging / road charging is only on trips, having a "full tank" every morning is nicer than you likely imagine, and I am sure you imagine it to be great.

Even though my wifes current car is a BMW X3, she fills that one up, so I have not been to a gas station since Late november of 2018. Never having to stop on the way home from work to get gas, or leave early and wait in the costco gas line (because costco is cheaper and we always put premium unleaded in them)....

Its glorious, it really is.

Edit:

I should add that, We are now replacing her X3 with a Model Y performance that we ordered a couple of weeks ago, and there is nothing wrong with it. The main reason is, honestly, my wife hinting (multiple times) how long the lines at costco for gas are, how much it sucks to have to get gas, etc etc.

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that when cars are produced the VINs are sequential (last 6 numbers of the VIN). I got my VIN today and have seen others with higher VINs. Are they no longer sequential, or am I getting someone else's reject? The app says they are building my car, so I would assume it was not someone else's. My VIN is a 16xxxx
It says we are building your car until you schedule delivery. 16xxxx should be fine though, the rejects or late deliveries to the East Coast are in the 15xxxx range as far as we know from this thread. Also, 16xxxx should guarantee the updates but you can confirm via replying to the original order text message that you got from Tesla.

Long time lurker, thought I would provide my info.

Blue/White Interior/19 inch wheels.
Order Date: 11/30(Original EDD: February)
EDD #1:(12/02/21) - 12/17-12/31
EDD #2:(12/04/21) - 12/24-12/31
EDD #3:(12/09/21) - 01/17-2/14
EDD #4:(1/6/22) - 1/24-2/7
EDD #5:(1/18/22) - 2/3-3/1
EDD #6:(1/23/22) - 3/8-2/19
VIN Received: 02/1/22 - The number is x170591
Wow we’re at 17’s!!

now, depending on where you are and if you need to charge away from home, you may have to wait in line for a charger 🤡.. so 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.. :p but no more outrageous petrol prices !!!!!
At least I won’t have to fill up twice a week because of my long work commute
I’m ok with charging staying for road trips

You can reply to the text message (that you got from Tesla after your order) indicating that you would like to put your order on hold.
Can you put it in hold after VIN is assigned?
Oh, let me tell you, that is GLLLOOOORRRIOUSSSSSS. If you have charging at home that will cover your needs, so supercharging / road charging is only on trips, having a "full tank" every morning is nicer than you likely imagine, and I am sure you imagine it to be great.

Even though my wifes current car is a BMW X3, she fills that one up, so I have not been to a gas station since Late november of 2018. Never having to stop on the way home from work to get gas, or leave early and wait in the costco gas line (because costco is cheaper and we always put premium unleaded in them)....

Its glorious, it really is.

Edit:

I should add that, We are now replacing her X3 with a Model Y performance that we ordered a couple of weeks ago, and there is nothing wrong with it. The main reason is, honestly, my wife hinting (multiple times) how long the lines at costco for gas are, how much it sucks to have to get gas, etc etc.
I only hope she is not one of those ladies who drive till the gas tank is showing below empty because if she does that with an electric car, it is tow truck time.

• Disagree
Reactions: DasTasla
Psst, Crany... I'm supposed to get the wall connector installed on Thursday, so maybe it has to be just a couple days for the wall charger before the VIN is installed! (Though there's also what we're calling "winter weather" this year (I hope it's not as bad as LAST February.. ick!) right on Thursday, so that may delay my installation... I sure hope not though!)

I did get the custom color faceplate for it today, maybe that's the trigger! I'm rooting for you, and Doggerton!

EDIT: Nevermind, he got his car today!

• Love
Reactions: refusedmd and Crany
Can you put it in hold after VIN is assigned?

I only hope she is not one of those ladies who drive till the gas tank is showing below empty because if she does that with an electric car, it is tow truck time.

My wife puts gas in the car when it gets to 1/2 a tank. It was me who used to run my car down "to E or slightly below". I actually ran out of gas once in my BMW 435, like 100 feet or so from the entrance to a gas station I was trying to make it to, so I would not characterize that (or anything else) as something that is dependent on someones gender.

I think something may be going on with TMC's attachment storage. Can't see these pics. They show as broken and when I click it says "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later." I've noticed it with some other posts today also.

I have seen that today too. I am just a volunteer mod though, and dont have access to anything like that at TMC. I am hoping it resolves itself.