Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD, Picking up in Fremont, CA
  • OD: 10/31
  • EDD1: 12/21-12/31
  • EDD2: 1/5-2/2
  • Hold from 12/16-1/5
  • EDD3: 3/9-3/31
  • EDD4: 1/28-2/25
  • EDD5: 2/4-2/18
Today's 2/4... no update yet. And my gas light came on in my ICE car this morning... If I fill it up, will that trigger a VIN today? If I only give it like half a tank, will that ensure they push me out? 😄
Welp... Filling my gas tank didn't work as well as I had hoped... No VIN.

But I got another EDD update this morning. Now it's 2/7-2/18. Narrowed by 3 days.

Seems some other Bay Area folks got similar yesterday. Maybe a President's Day weekend delivery push?

Welp... Filling my gas tank didn't work as well as I had hoped... No VIN.

But I got another EDD update this morning. Now it's 2/7-2/18. Narrowed by 3 days.

Seems some other Bay Area folks got similar yesterday. Maybe a President's Day weekend delivery push?
Yup, Bay Area also, yesterday narrowed by three as well. From 2/1-2/16 -> 2/5-2/16 OD: 11/5 blue/black/no fsd
Planning to install a new socket in the garage, maybe that will get me a VIN :cool:

Reactions: CarlThompson
Time to dip my toe in the water after lurking here for a few weeks. Adding an east coast data point.

M3LR White w/Black Interior, 19” wheels, no FSD
OD: 1/12
EDD: 2/28-3/28

No changes in EDD since ordering. Hoping for some East coast love soon.
I have been reading through these forums for a bit now and am in Virginia. I order on 1/13 with the same exact configuration as you:

M3LR White w/Black Interior, 19” wheels, no FSD
EDD 2/28-3/28

My EDD has not changed at all.

My Tesla charger is all installed with nothing to charge!

As expected I woke up to a changed EDD this morning. New EDD is Feb 7 - Feb 18. I don't consider this change a delay because the last possible date didn't get any later.

White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
Order date: Dec 10
Order EDD: Feb
12/10 EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
01/28 EDD: Feb 04 - Feb 18
02/05 EDD: Feb 07 - Feb 18

I am very close. I was going to make a last minute color change from white to blue because of @whiskeylover 's beautiful pictures of his blue car but the edit design URL no longer works for this reservation number (I've used it a couple of times before on this reservation and it didn't seem to delay things). That also points to me being very close and already scheduled to be built but there's still no VIN in the source code yet!

Sorry for not reading through the entire thread, but does Tesla tell you when your EDD changes, or do you have to constantly log into your account to look at it?
They will not tell you when it changes, I think we all just check the app once a day... right guys... right!!!? ONCE???

Personal Update: I JUST NOW received the "Tell us about your trade-in text message" so I can only assume a VIN will be coming relatively shortly!!!

They will not tell you when it changes, I think we all just check the app once a day... right guys... right!!!? ONCE???

Personal Update: I JUST NOW received the "Tell us about your trade-in text message" so I can only assume a VIN will be coming relatively shortly!!!
Did you say "once every 10 minutes"? LOL

Is it ever too late to ask to trade in car? I don't see any options to do it on my account page anymore, but would I be able to do it through my SA?

And if it is possible, would it delay EDD at all?
My vin was assigned on 2/3. I got a text last night, 2/4, asking me if i was interested in receiving a trade in offer before my delivery on 2/9. it says to respond with vin and mileage for my trade in and they will extend an offer that can be rejected or accepted in the app. I don't have a car that I want to trade in though.

Reactions: T3LR
One thing I like about this forum vs. some earlier ones is that this one is moderated, not a free-for-all and the members are generally pretty polite to each other and don't attack each other personally. Let's keep it that way. It's fine to disagree with folks (I do it all the time myself!) but I'd prefer if we kept the level of discourse higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up today to a Vision Agreement notification on my account. Then I got a text (before I accepted Vision Agreement) from the mysterious tesla account (ie i guess my SA?) telling me "the car is built and on the way. Would I be able to take delivery on saturday the 19th of feb".
Sure, why not. I wanted it later (after the snow is mostly gone maybe mid March) but I'm now more worried about the pending interest rate increase.
So from my 8th EDD range of Feb 13-27, I'm now looking at a booked date of Feb 27.
With all the fluctuations in EDD, it said February when I placed my order, and I'm getting it late February.

Where are my other Toronto area M3 order holders at? We should all be getting these notices soon if you ordered in the last 2 or 3 months i would guess.
Oh, and the VIN is 169xxx according to the source code. Not officially sent to me yet.

Last edited: