Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR Black/Black, 18" Aero wheels, No FSD
OD: 1/15
ODD: Feb 22 - March 22
2/9 EDD: Feb 22 - March 8th

Hoping I am getting close, I think I have called Tesla 4 times with not much of an update. Pick up is in MT Kisco NY, has anyone else picked up here recently? Did you get the new update and features? Reviews of this pick-up location is appreciated!

Thanks!
Picked up at Mt. Kisco today actually.

I was very nervous but it went extremely smooth. The girl who helped me was personable and offered to answer any questions I had.

I got there 30 minutes early and they directed me to my car, which was unlocked and they said I could look it over and get inside. I know some people have said their locations do not let you in the vehicle until you accept it - Mt. Kisco welcomed it as if it's the norm.

I verified it has the Ryzen chipset (166xxx) and just a couple of minor issues with some fitment but overall looks great and drives great!

Attachments

• 20220212_132308.jpg
    20220212_132308.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 90
Got up this morning and checked Ed the Tesla app. The first thing I see is a dialogue box requesting Bluetooth access to use as a car key. I tap yes and go into the app.

finally, I have a VIN. My new EDD is 2/23-3/1. so it’s coming soon.

I spent the morning and part of the afternoon on the web and on the phone checking out the best prices for insurance. Interestingly, one major insurer had a great price, until he entered the VIN. Then it went up $200 a month! I said thank you and hung up.

Finally found a decent deal and signed up.

on the Tesla app, they want a copy of the insurance card. So I uploaded a copy of my new insurance card.

Question, my VIN is 173xxx. Does that mean I should have Ryzen and the LiIon battery? Any other new features?

OD 10/20/21. Blue/black/18”/no FSD

Got up this morning and checked Ed the Tesla app. The first thing I see is a dialogue box requesting Bluetooth access to use as a car key. I tap yes and go into the app.

I spent the morning and part of the afternoon on the web and on the phone checking out the best prices for insurance. Interestingly, one major insurer had a great price, until he entered the VIN. Then it went up $200 a month! I said thank you and hung up.

on the Tesla app, they want a copy of the insurance card. So I uploaded a copy of my new insurance card.

Question, my VIN is 173xxx. Does that mean I should have Ryzen and the LiIon battery? Any other new features?

173xxx has most likely the updates but I would still send a text message to Tesla and ask.

If that happens would you mind posting in the thread we have here comparing the Polestar 2 to the Model 3 after you've had it for a few days?

Good luck with your purchase!
Absolutely! I did complete delivery this morning in Austin and it is all smiles so far! I’ll update the provided thread in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• B0D114BF-0D98-48EC-A6CB-DA1920FFBE70.jpeg
    B0D114BF-0D98-48EC-A6CB-DA1920FFBE70.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 69
I have to make a comment here.

The "thumbs down" reaction is "I disagree with your post". I dont know why people in this thread are using the thumbs down reaction for people that are simply reporting they are getting pushed back, but that reaction is not "I am sorry for you" or anything. Its "I disagree with what you are saying".

In fact, until recently, it used to mark down peoples posting stats.

There is nothing in the "disagree" reaction that shows solidarity with someone.

Would it make sense to wait for made in Texas model 3? Any benefit?

There is absolutely, positively, zero way to know that until the factory is actually delivering vehicles, and people start looking at them. With tech items, you either buy when you are ready to buy, or you are perpetually "waiting for the next thing", and a tesla vehicle is a tech item.

If you want to wait and see, then thats what you need to do, but there is no way for anyone to know with any certainty what you are asking.

M3LR, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, 18', No FSD

Order Date: 2/7/2022
Original: "March 2022"
EDD Update: May 4th - June 1st

Changed order 2/10: M3LR, Blue Exterior, White Interior, 18', No FSD

My trade in evaluation has been stuck in limbo since 2/8/22. They emailed me asking for payoff amount, per diem etc etc but I haven’t heard anything since then or seen any movement. I was told by a rep at the 800 number the process won’t start to move forward until they’re done with that but he doesn’t know what’s keeping them. He said maybe remove the trade to speed the process up and I could always add it back later. Anyone else go through this?

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
Absolutely! I did complete delivery this morning in Austin and it is all smiles so far! I’ll update the provided thread in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks! I test drove one and I will say that the Polestar 2 is a good looking car, surprisingly (to me) has better one pedal driving than the Model 3 and has more traditional but frankly more usable ergonomics. I especially think that the Android Automotive interface is off to a great start and I could see it becoming the undisputed king of car interfaces very quickly if they keep going with it. Especially after seeing what Tesla did in v11.

I myself have decided to stick with the Model 3 (for now). Tesla the company has disappointed me in several ways but the Model 3 is still a great car, a good value and incredibly fun to drive. Plus I need a car now and don't want to wait to order from another company.

I'm certain you'll have fun in your P2. Make sure to stop by every now and then and keep us updated!

I have to make a comment here.

The "thumbs down" reaction is "I disagree with your post". I dont know why people in this thread are using the thumbs down reaction for people that are simply reporting they are getting pushed back, but that reaction is not "I am sorry for you" or anything. Its "I disagree with what you are saying".

In fact, until recently, it used to mark down peoples posting stats.

There is nothing in the "disagree" reaction that shows solidarity with someone.

If anyone else would like for TMC to add a new reaction to show empathy for another user there's a thread you can bump to show support for this addition:

If enough people show support for this they may add it!

In the meantime I personally have settled on the "Informative" reaction for now. It doesn't really fit either but at least it shows the poster that you get what they are saying and you empathize.

Our cars got made right around the same time I’m assuming. I’m also a red/white/aero ordered on Jan 3rd. Got my VIN on 8th, and confirmed today that the car is heading over to Canada. Unlike yours I don’t have a firm pick up date yet, i am assuming because of it having to come to Canada.

Congrats again - us Reds might be ahead of the queue because of the color premium?
I expected it to be the opposite. I figured we'd have to wait until there's a certain # of us red folks for them to load-up the paint. The red paint is not very popular, so I was ready for a long haul wait.
I bet you're right. Your car and mine were probably right after each other!

I also spent the day insurance shopping. I've been getting fleeced by Geico for too long. At progressive and all state, I got lower quotes for the new tesla than I had with Geico and my 2013 prius. Needless to say, we switched today! (I write this so other metro NY folks know who to get quotes from!)
When I spoke to the SA to arrange delivery, I confirmed my 171XXX VIN has ryzen. Apparently, the # doesn't guarantee the processor, so if you really want Ryzen, you can easily ask the SA when you speak to them. :)

I have read that they amd chipset is consuming more power than Tesla originally anticipated and you're gonna take a hit to your range. Apparently they're sending out emails stating that and asking you to accept.