Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG. This went 0-60 faster than a tesla
After having the same EDD since I placed my order on 1/4 (2/20 to 3/20), all of the sudden, I got a VIN! And my EDD shifted to 2/15-2/19.

I quickly contacted the SA, and set a delivery date of Wed 2/16!
So much to do... have to set-up insurance, get a check cut from the bank....
so excited!!!!! :-D

And yes, it has the Ryzen processor.... (VIN=171.....)
Congrats! I ordered 4 days after you but am located in Minnesota. I'll be curious if I see an update here in the next few days like you.

Current EDD is still February 19-March 19th

Reactions: goinelectric
For the people that opened or have a DCU account (which I just did today) and applied for a auto loan (I also did today), how long did it take to get your approval for the loan? My car is scheduled for pickup on 2/20 so wanted to make sure I can get this all done this week.

After I applied for the auto loan it said do not contact them to check on the status that they will contact me if they need anything else.

For the people that opened or have a DCU account (which I just did today) and applied for a auto loan (I also did today), how long did it take to get your approval for the loan? My car is scheduled for pickup on 2/20 so wanted to make sure I can get this all done this week.

After I applied for the auto loan it said do not contact them to check on the status that they will contact me if they need anything else.
Less than 48 hours for me.

When I spoke with them, they stated the loan could not be finalized until I had the MVPA but they were able to share the terms, etc... Once all is finalized, it sounds like they can overnight the check.

I got the same trade in text two weeks back. Still no VIN. But my EDD shortened to Feb 22 - March 7. I’m located in Cincinnati. Have seen one more post with similar EDD in the same location. I think Tesla is prioritizing Ohio and nearby for the next Three weeks.

I have been waiting since OCTOBER 10,2021. never put on hold This is sooo frustrating
Yes! I am here in columbus. Hoping to hear something soon!

Just picked her up today. Absolutely stunning! Happy to graduate from here and good luck to all of you waiting for your deliveries!
743BA829-49B5-4177-ACC2-86A826880876.jpeg

I called tesla to complain about the lack of movement/communication on my order and now they’re saying my profile wasn’t complete. That i had to upload proof of insurance of my current car….I don’t have a car right now because we sold ours. I’m so confused. And in the app/website, there’s no place to even upload insurance. Has anyone else heard of this?

• Informative
Reactions: Mustangr

Ensure you’ve uploaded the MVPA and call them Monday for a a review. They can have the check sent out same day if loan docs are signed before 4pm and check In your hand by next afternoon

• Helpful
Reactions: Wes1356
I called tesla to complain about the lack of movement/communication on my order and now they’re saying my profile wasn’t complete. That i had to upload proof of insurance of my current car….I don’t have a car right now because we sold ours. I’m so confused. And in the app/website, there’s no place to even upload insurance. Has anyone else heard of this?
Did you already have a VIN? if you didn't have a VIN or delivery planned, there's no reason they should be asking for insurance information.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Congrats, this is indeed one of the fastest orders I have seen and you have a red config!
I'll be honest. I'm quite shocked. I checked source code just yesterday, and no VIN. No 2 week EDD. I was worried my loan approval and trade-in would lapse before I got delivery.
Then, it went from a month long EDD to a VIN and delivery in one afternoon. The SA confirmed ryzen processor, and also confirmed this car was not rejected by another customer. It's brand new and arriving on the island on the 14th.
The car will go directly to get PPF on its nose after pick-up, and will come home to me the next day. Now I have to speed-up my garage reorganization!

I'll be honest. I'm quite shocked. I checked source code just yesterday, and no VIN. No 2 week EDD. I was worried my loan approval and trade-in would lapse before I got delivery.
Then, it went from a month long EDD to a VIN and delivery in one afternoon. The SA confirmed ryzen processor, and also confirmed this car was not rejected by another customer. It's brand new and arriving on the island on the 14th.
The car will go directly to get PPF on its nose after pick-up, and will come home to me the next day. Now I have to speed-up my garage reorganization!
Our cars got made right around the same time I’m assuming. I’m also a red/white/aero ordered on Jan 3rd. Got my VIN on 8th, and confirmed today that the car is heading over to Canada. Unlike yours I don’t have a firm pick up date yet, i am assuming because of it having to come to Canada.

Congrats again - us Reds might be ahead of the queue because of the color premium?