Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try Progressive, $86 a month full coverage for me in kentucky
Pretty much the same quote for me from progressive, I've been quoted by a few different companies and Progressive came out lowest by a pretty sizeable margin for most of them. Luckily I already had progressive. It's actually cheaper for me to insure my Tesla than it is to insure my 2017 mitisi mirage (cars worth 4k)

Just woke up to a VIN this morning!! F181XXX so assuming it will have the new hardware. Taking delivery in Charlotte, NC (OD 1/12 - new EDD 3/7-3/11).

Not sure that this will help anyone but when I called the Charlotte SC last week, the lady told me that I would get a VIN in the following week and that they would receive the car on 3/7 which meant I could get it on 3/9. She was clearly spot on so they must have a way of seeing more than they let on unless I just got extremely lucky. Also worth noting, I did not get the crazy EDD roller coaster ride that a lot of people here did so that may be related.

I'm curious if anyone has advice based on their experience. If I had originally selected to pay in cash, but plan on switching to a Tesla loan, should I wait until I receive my VIN to do so? Just so that there is no chance that my account says "incomplete" before I have a car assigned to me? Thanks.

I'm curious if anyone has advice based on their experience. If I had originally selected to pay in cash, but plan on switching to a Tesla loan, should I wait until I receive my VIN to do so? Just so that there is no chance that my account says "incomplete" before I have a car assigned to me? Thanks.
I waited until I got my VIN. Emailed my SA and she switched it in 30 seconds. I went in to the app and selected Tesla financing and filled that out. Was approved 5 min later. You are fine waiting until you get a VIN.

Reactions: Regaj
Delivery scheduled for Sunday 2/20
SA and chat support say its a Ryzen but they also agreed to show me in person before accepting delivery.
VIN: 179XXX

California (Northern)
M3LR/ DBM/Black/ 19"/No FSD

My long and sordid order history follows(I'm not proud of it):
California (Northern)
M3 LR MSM 19" wheels
OD: 9/11/21
9/12 - 11/1 EDD pinball
Vin Assigned: 11/2
Put order on hold until 1/1
1/1 Changed order to Blue
1/2 - 1/13 Bunch more EDD changes
1/14 VIN Assigned. 155XXX SA Confirmed Intel MCU
1/14 SA put order back on hold to unmatch VIN. Hold was intended to be until 2/15
2/1 Tesla rightly sent me a put up or shut up cancel email
2/7 released hold
2/8 - 2/15 More EDD pinball
2/16 VIN Received
2/17 Delivery scheduled

Last edited: