Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe so, they make you take a picture of your dash with the engine running.
I am sure they will take just about anything, no? ROFL
1645220615286.png

• Funny
Reactions: Canine06 and T4M3
I got my VIN today. (F180XXX)

White exterior. Black interior. 18 in wheels. NO FSD.

Order date 11/2 (I didnt complete the other parts of app until January)
EDD kept changing but was Feb 28-March 14 as of last week
Today it changed to March 4-8 with a VIN number assigned

I had set payment option to cash but would like to finance it through DCU and maybe get Tesla to match it.

Do I just call them to chance payment to 3rd party financing?

And then do I need to fill in 3rd party financing info on the Tesla site?

I noticed I have a MVPA for cash in my Tesla account right now. Can I use this one when applying through DCU? Or do I wait for Tesla to draft a new MVPA with financing numbers in there? If I am financing the entire amount then would cash MVPA be fine to submit to DCU?
I think it has been stated here that Tesla will No Longer match rates.

Reactions: nanobeast
I got my VIN today. (F180XXX)

White exterior. Black interior. 18 in wheels. NO FSD.

Order date 11/2 (I didnt complete the other parts of app until January)
EDD kept changing but was Feb 28-March 14 as of last week
Today it changed to March 4-8 with a VIN number assigned

I had set payment option to cash but would like to finance it through DCU and maybe get Tesla to match it.

Do I just call them to chance payment to 3rd party financing?

And then do I need to fill in 3rd party financing info on the Tesla site?

I noticed I have a MVPA for cash in my Tesla account right now. Can I use this one when applying through DCU? Or do I wait for Tesla to draft a new MVPA with financing numbers in there? If I am financing the entire amount then would cash MVPA be fine to submit to DCU?
I ended up going through them since my local credit union was being stupid about the process. Took me about 5 minutes to apply and get approved, but only after spending around 3 hours on hold trying to get them to give me my member number. That process was a little annoying but the loan process was very easy and only took me giving them a dollar amount. I just have to upload my documents once I get them to finalize everything.

Reactions: nanobeast
Yeah I fully expect it to be a insulting offer, but with tax savings and the drive I thought it might be worth at least a consideration. I sent them all the info yesterday morning but still haven't heard back.
I'm not sure if Texas operates the same as Missouri but we have a Form 426. I'll pay full sales tax on the 53k Tesla purchase price. When I sell my Truck (selling for 32k to a coworker) I will file a Form 426 to get back the sales tax on the 32k (only pay sales tax on the difference). Hopefully Texas has a form to do that otherwise they are double-dipping unless you trade-in through a dealer.

Reactions: johnnymacNcal
I'm not sure if Texas operates the same as Missouri but we have a Form 426. I'll pay full sales tax on the 53k Tesla purchase price. When I sell my Truck (selling for 32k to a coworker) I will file a Form 426 to get back the sales tax on the 32k (only pay sales tax on the difference). Hopefully Texas has a form to do that otherwise they are double-dipping unless you trade-in through a dealer.
Unfortunately we do not have anything like that. You HAVE to trade to the same dealer you're purchasing the vehicle from for it to be applicable for the tax benefits.

Reactions: mmm21