Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have never driven a Tesla or another car with regen braking, then I would be wary of taking delivery of it during a snow storm.

Especially since Tesla's regen braking cannot be deactivated.

Even as I was about to respond with this -> "But aren't there different drive modes where it won't come into play? Hold, Roll/Creep etc.", I decided to look it up and it seems opinions vary on how helpful they are.

At any rate, if you are new to a Tesla Id suggest caution like @nanobeast recommends.

If you have never driven a Tesla or another car with regen braking, then I would be wary of taking delivery of it during a snow storm.

Especially since Tesla's regen braking cannot be deactivated.
Here in north central PA this morning we had about 4 inches of ice/snow/freezing rain. I set acceleration to "chill" and the brakes to "creep" and all was well. No problem with regen braking. A smooth experience.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Still 2 weeks to go til delivery day but I am very intrigued by the fact that I still to this day have only received 1 communication which was the text to schedule my delivery (well 2 technically because email was also sent at the same time). Still don't have an official SA to my knowledge, never received a trade in text or have to sign the vision agreement. Very different experience from when I purchased my last 2 M3s but maybe I am just the odd man out?
I'm in a similar boat. I got a trade in text and the schedule delivery text but it seemed to be an automated text. No SAs reaching out to me to answer questions

Reactions: jonjon09
Another delivery in preparation for the Tesla. Still just waiting on that VIN but at least I have something while I wait.

thumbnail_IMG_1546.jpg