Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dcu will only consider your loan once you have a VIN. I went through them and got the 1.24%.

Overall a good process
I wouldn't say this is 100% true. I applied to DCU for $56k and was instantly approved about 2 weeks before I got a VIN. Once I got my VIN and MVPA I called them will the final amount after the down payment and they sent a check the next day. Probably the easiest car loan I have ever had.

I wouldn't say this is 100% true. I applied to DCU for $56k and was instantly approved about 2 weeks before I got a VIN. Once I got my VIN and MVPA I called them will the final amount after the down payment and they sent a check the next day. Probably the easiest car loan I have ever had.
I think what OP meant was the process won’t go any further than an approval ( which lets be honest is very simple and super fast ) until your MVPA is uploaded which in turn you will only get when there is a VIN.

Reactions: journeyman846
I think what OP meant was the process won’t go any further than an approval ( which lets be honest is very simple and super fast ) until your MVPA is uploaded which in turn you will only get when there is a VIN.
You also have to be a member for the loan to be finalized. But you can still apply and be approved for a loan prior to being a member.

Since the referral system is no longer available, might as well apply to be a member now so you're not like me and have the loan be waiting on member application status. Anyone know how long it takes DCU to review account applications?

Reactions: Kaytu
OMG! This car is so much more than what I anticipated. In love! So worth the wait. Chin up everyone. If you’re like me and it’s your first driving experience beyond riding with an owner you have a great experience in store! First kid experience for me - “Son, no more video games! Turn off the Tesla and get ready for bed!” 😂
View attachment 778113View attachment 778114
Congrats! These Blues coming out is making me reconsider my MSM I have on order haha! 🤣

OD: 2/17
EDD #1: 5/15-6/15
EDD #2: 5/5-6/2

Blue on black, 18”, no FSD. Buffalo, NY.

Painstakingly watched the order page go from March, to April, to May over the course of a few days back in February before pulling the trigger. Seeing all these people on here order just DAYS before me but getting EDDs 2+ months sooner. Did I JUST miss the cut off for end of Q1 deliveries or something?? How does a 1 week order day difference turn into a 2 month delivery difference?

Have had my registration, trade in, payment, etc. all set since the day after I put in the order

Painstakingly watched the order page go from March, to April, to May over the course of a few days back in February before pulling the trigger. Seeing all these people on here order just DAYS before me but getting EDDs 2+ months sooner. Did I JUST miss the cut off for end of Q1 deliveries or something?? How does a 1 week order day difference turn into a 2 month delivery difference?

Have had my registration, trade in, payment, etc. all set since the day after I put in the order
I think your theory is correct. I am also in Buffalo with and order date of 2/4. I got pushed out to may originally as well but a couple weeks ago I added FSD to my order and it jumped me up in line. They seem to prioritize the highest total price.

Also there’s speculation that April will be a slow month due to model Y lines moving to Texas and being converted to other models in Fremont.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
M3LR Silver/Black/Aero/No FSD
In central Alabama, picking up @ Kennesaw, Georgia

OD: 01/07/2022
01/07 EDD: 02/23 - 03/23
02/13 EDD: 03/03 - 03/17
02/18 VIN 179XXX
02/18 EDD: 03/06-03/10
02/21 Scheduled delivery 3/11
03/07 - SMS Message:
"Hi WJTech, great news! We just received notification that your Model 3 is on site and could be ready prior to your original scheduled delivery date.. If you'd like to take delivery earlier than your current appointment at 03:00 PM on March 11, 2022, reply "YES" and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to reschedule your appointment."

I immediately replied "YES". We are getting close!
🥳

Hi Everyone.
Just placed my order for M3LR White/Black/Sport/no FSD.
Located in Los Angeles Ca. I’m currently filling out the profile with some trade in info. Getting excited but also a bit nervous.
Trading in one of my absolute dream cars 2018 Subaru STI.

OD: 3/6/22
Welcome to the family!

I had a 2011 EVO X, wicked white with the SSS (sun, sight, and sound) package and leather, heated front seats with navigation and the Rockford Fosgate sound system. I bought it new in August 2011 and put 109k miles on it. I got some quotes from local dealers between $13k and $15k. Ended up selling it privately for $23k!

What's your EDD?

Reactions: Canine06

I ordered the same day as you. White, black, 18”, no FSD. About 15 minutes from Mt Kisco NY and EDD is 05/19-06/16. No changes in EDD since order and I have finished all initial activities in the app.

I feel your pain!

Black on black, no FSD, Dayton, OH.
OD: 02/11
Original EDD: April
EDD 2 (02/12 literally the day after I ordered): 05/19 - 06/16
EDD 3 (02/18): 05/03 - 05/31

Going through this thread, it was looking like everyone that ordered before me was getting delivery scheduled within a 6 - 8 week period from OD. Not sure why mine was pushed back so far.

I just got the (exciting or dreaded?) pushback. From what I have witnessed, two factors seem to cause this. One: tasks need to be completed. Two: they are ABOUT to assign a vin and for some reason, for some people, the system spits out a wonky far-away date prior to this.

HOPING for the latter. Freaking out that maybe we missed something and will not have this car in time for our mega-road trip.

M3LR+/ Blue-W/ 18" Aero/No FSD - PU in DFW
OD: 2/4. EDD: 3/6-3/31. EDD 2: 3/14-3/27.
EDD 3 given 3/8/22: April 30 - May 28