Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the lack of updates worries me a little too but it makes me feel better that I’m not the only one
ODD 2/18
1st EDD: 5/27-6/24
2nd EDD: 4/23-5/21 (2/25)

No changes since. I almost wish it bounced around more, I hate the feeling of it possibly falling into the cracks.
No updates here either and I agree. A change means someone at least acknowledged my purchase, if only in my mind.
OD - 2/15
Only EDD - 4/22 - 5/20

I’m currently on a plane flying.. checked the account of curiosity and got VIN assigned and delivery march 11 - 16 … i cannot text SA to switch to financing at this point :) oh well…
VIN 203xxx

m3lr Blue aero no Fsd south California
OD - 2/09
edd march 3 - march 30
edd2 march 9 - march 23
Edd3 March 12 - March 22
EDD4 march 11 - 16 VIN assigned (3/11) 203xxx

Last edited:
Graduation day is tomorrow at 3:00PM! It's been a long 2 months but an even longer 3 weeks since VIN assignment!
Fingers crossed there will be no issues. I still have not had any communications from Tesla that wasn't initiated by me calling the local SC (other than the automated delivery scheduling and trade in question). Don't even know if I have a SA assigned.

Reactions: EnjoiM3
ODD 2/18
1st EDD: 5/27-6/24
2nd EDD: 4/23-5/21 (2/25)

No changes since. I almost wish it bounced around more, I hate the feeling of it possibly falling into the cracks.
I am not sure you want that wish fulfilled lol. I had the exact EDD until two days ago it updated to 3/22 - 3/31 and now I can’t stop refreshing the app and it’s consuming. I also haven’t received a VIN and starting to think it will shift back to the April/May timeline.

Reactions: Hrjensen17
I just wanted to go for a drive before posting more. ;)

Ryzen chip: yes
Li-Ion: unknown
Heated Wipers: yes
Double-glass, rear doors: No

"Issues"
Please feel free to say if you think any of these are normal, and I'm being nit-picky.

1. Does Tesla not actually paint inside the door hinge area? (Both front doors) (My Infiniti and the wife's Rogue are both fully painted in there.)
View attachment 779366
View attachment 779367

2. Rear bumper, pretty sure this will buff out.

View attachment 779369

3. Passenger side, at trunk / rear window, panel alignment seems off.

View attachment 779370

4. Passenger side, at headlamp, panel alignment:

View attachment 779371

5. It seems to me that the panel gaps where the quarter panel meets the A-column should match better between driver & passenger sides.

View attachment 779372

View attachment 779373

Because that gap on the driver’s side seems too wide to me:
View attachment 779374

To me, #1 and #5 are the biggest issues. Opinions are welcomed and desired, thank you.
Tesla stopped painting inside the fenders a long time ago and yes, the driver door/fender gap looks huge. It’s noticeable. How does it compare to the passenger side?

I am not sure you want that wish fulfilled lol. I had the exact EDD until two days ago it updated to 3/22 - 3/31 and now I can’t stop refreshing the app and it’s consuming. I also haven’t received a VIN and starting to think it will shift back to the April/May timeline.
I think you’re right. I’ve just accepted the fact that I won’t be having a good nights sleep until the cars park at home in my garage haha

I just wanted to go for a drive before posting more. ;)

Ryzen chip: yes
Li-Ion: unknown
Heated Wipers: yes
Double-glass, rear doors: No

"Issues"
Please feel free to say if you think any of these are normal, and I'm being nit-picky.

1. Does Tesla not actually paint inside the door hinge area? (Both front doors) (My Infiniti and the wife's Rogue are both fully painted in there.)
View attachment 779366
View attachment 779367

2. Rear bumper, pretty sure this will buff out.

View attachment 779369

3. Passenger side, at trunk / rear window, panel alignment seems off.

View attachment 779370

4. Passenger side, at headlamp, panel alignment:

View attachment 779371

5. It seems to me that the panel gaps where the quarter panel meets the A-column should match better between driver & passenger sides.

View attachment 779372

View attachment 779373

Because that gap on the driver’s side seems too wide to me:
View attachment 779374

To me, #1 and #5 are the biggest issues. Opinions are welcomed and desired, thank you.
Should M3LR has double-glass rear door by default?

Reactions: GOGR33N