Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone on here for keeping me occupied during the long wait for my new Model 3.
I picked it up last Friday and I've been loving it. I've already installed all the accessories I had waiting for the car. Also purchased AB :)View attachment 808715
AB worth it? I’m planning on downloading as soon as I get home…

I’m a fellow Edmonton order and have been down there a couple times. Seems like a mixed bag in the lights from what I see.
I take delivery this weekend or on Monday so I will update wether it has matrix. If not, a white on white will be available. I prefer the new lights and for 70k I better get what I want or I will always regret. I know me very well.

I take delivery this weekend or on Monday so I will update wether it has matrix. If not, a white on white will be available. I prefer the new lights and for 70k I better get what I want or I will always regret. I know me very well.
Fair enough. The question that no one seems to answer is IF I decline, what happens ? I’m fine to wait a couple weeks but not a couple months.

Reactions: Originalando
Fair enough. The question that no one seems to answer is IF I decline, what happens ? I’m fine to wait a couple weeks but not a couple months.
If you decline your M3 over the headlights, then you’re back in line for another vehicle and the vehicle you got originally will be given to someone else who has a similar build order. Correct me if I am wrong, but that’s based on what I’ve seen. You can be lucky to be prioritized in the waiting list, but who knows.

Edit: I haven’t seen anyone so far that refused delivery over the headlights had their vehicle held for a SC to upgrade it themselves. I’ve seen some refuse and be put back in a line for a completely new vehicle playing the headlight lottery game again.

If you decline your M3 over the headlights, then you’re back in line for another vehicle and the vehicle you got will be sold to someone else who has a similar build order. Correct me if I am wrong, but at the time you reject you could probably have a ticket with a newer, later OD (that is, delivery day for the first vehicle, order day for the second)
People have reported they get a new VIN a few days after rejection so you don’t go all the way to the back.

If I get a VIN without matrix I’ll probably reject and put my order on hold until they start putting matrix back in. I’d rather wait longer than take one with old lights 1) for the principle of it and 2) I know I’ll regret it.

People have reported they get a new VIN a few days after rejection so you don’t go all the way to the back.

If I get a VIN without matrix I’ll probably reject and put my order on hold until they start putting matrix back in. I’d rather wait longer than take one with old lights 1) for the principle of it and 2) I know I’ll regret it.
I see. That’s why I asked to be corrected if I am wrong. There you go, a chance to refuse and wait for a short amount of time compared to first-timers. Matrix looks super duper fun, yes, but unfortunately won’t fall under my roof. I go to work when the sun is somewhat out and my headlights stay on for 20 minutes after getting out of my house. But everyone has their own tastes.

I'm terrified this is going to happen to me while I'm out of State for 10 days. I'm going to be pretty angry if the car comes ready outside my EDD while I'm gone and Tesla won't work with me and I end up having to wait a month or two for another car. Crossing my fingers this scenario won't happen but I'm betting there's a good chance it will.
This happened to me with me for my MY. I ended up financing through Tesla and did a touchless home delivery. The down side was I wasn't there to inspect the car before accepting it. I felt ok with that as Tesla had been doing a pretty good job looking over the car before delivery. Then about 3 hours after the car was dropped off in my driveway our neighborhood was put on standby to evacuate because of a forest fire. I was in Ohio trying to figure out how to unlock the damn car so my friend could evacuate the care if needed. Fortunately the evacuation order was lifted. So the touchless delivery was convenient, but you never know what could happen once it gets to your house and you aren't home.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Maric
You would think Tesla should notify us if there is a physical change with the vehicle. There is a difference between the headlights and how they function. I heard from someone earlier today that according to Tesla, they should not be telling people about the lights. Doesn’t really instil trust in the company.
Why should Tesla notify us? The features that were agreed to will be fully operational on the vehicle. How Tesla chooses to implement those features is up to the company. Steerable and selective lighting headlights are not features that Tesla promised. Then there's the fact that we agreed to purchase the car that they deliver. That's line 1 of the order agreement.

Also, if Tesla announced hardware changes, they could get into a vicious cycle of people gaming the system to jockey for the best hardware. That means that Tesla would be shooting themselves in the foot by letting anyone know. The few refusals they're getting now would snowball, adding to their cost of operation. That would constitute a disincentive for them to ever upgrade any hardware. Because people game systems for maximum advantage. That's pretty basic game design theory.

Why should Tesla notify us? The features that were agreed to will be fully operational on the vehicle. How Tesla chooses to implement those features is up to the company. Steerable and selective lighting headlights are not features that Tesla promised. Then there's the fact that we agreed to purchase the car that they deliver. That's line 1 of the order agreement.

Also, if Tesla announced hardware changes, they could get into a vicious cycle of people gaming the system to jockey for the best hardware. That means that Tesla would be shooting themselves in the foot by letting anyone know. The few refusals they're getting now would snowball, adding to their cost of operation. That would constitute a disincentive for them to ever upgrade any hardware. Because people game systems for maximum advantage. That's pretty basic game design theory.
When SAs are told not to tell people about lights, I think that’s bad business.