Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow didn't know that. So there's brooklyn Smithtown Mt kisco where are the other 2?
Not totally sure what constitutes “sales” but I notice that of the 8 Tesla locations, 5 have a “service component”. I guess the other 3 are just considered “galleries”.

Not totally sure what constitutes “sales” but I notice that of the 8 Tesla locations, 5 have a “service component”. I guess the other 3 are just considered “galleries”.

This whole thing is very strange on all sides and ultimately very inconvenient for all you guys upstate. Sorry you have to go thru that.

That's wild... cause I had two different SA's both look it up and both tell me they see the Matrix lights on my build. So maybe they are lying to me? Maybe the others are lying about having no info. I just don't know anymore.
I was told by my SA it’s a simple process. If your build states premium lights (which they can see on the build sheet), you have reflector (non-matrix) headlamps. Absence of the word premium, you have matrix lights. Some SA’s aren’t savvy enough to know absence of the word premium means matrix. The build sheet will not show global or matrix. Experienced SA’s who know the system understand how to read the build sheets.

So I’ve got a question here around charging. These 22 versions of the cars with lfp batteries on LR. Do you charge to 90% or can you go to 100 all the time? I’ve read a lot of conflicting info around this topic.
Yeah I’ve heard you should only charge the long range from 80-90%. You can still do 100% if your going to do long road trips. But charging up to 80% all the time can save the life of your battery overtime. Again this is at least what I’ve heard

Yeah I’ve heard you should only charge the long range from 80-90%. You can still do 100% if your going to do long road trips. But charging up to 80% all the time can save the life of your battery overtime. Again this is at least what I’ve heard
I’ve heard the same. Don’t let it fall below 20% and charge to around 80%-85%

Fair enough. The question that no one seems to answer is IF I decline, what happens ? I’m fine to wait a couple weeks but not a couple months.
If you decline, you won’t go to the beginning of the line but your wait will be at least 4-8 weeks. This is based on what other posters have stated when they declined and got a new EDD. Not cast in stone, just the averages.

So I’ve got a question here around charging. These 22 versions of the cars with lfp batteries on LR. Do you charge to 90% or can you go to 100 all the time? I’ve read a lot of conflicting info around this topic.
From what I know, long range do not have lfp battery, only SR+, you lfp can charge to 100%.

For me, other may or may not disagree with me, I charge mine to 90%. If I know I go long trip or long drive I will charge to 100. If not I keep mine at 90, every month-once a month I charge mine to 100, so the battery know where it stand. Hope that help . Every one think they know what good for the battery, but this is just what I do .

I’ve heard the same. Don’t let it fall below 20% and charge to around 80%-85%
Yes, that info is straight from Tesla. Gives the best overall life to the battery. Also, limit superchargers as much as possible. Level II at home is fine but the quicker the charge, the more battery degradation over time. At home, change your charge rate to a lower setting when possible.

I personally won’t be rejecting my car if it doesn’t have matrix lights. For me it’s about interior user interface, other things I actually interact with that enhance driving. But those who do get it with all the other enhancement (Ryzen, 12V) it’s a great build and should consider themselves lucky.
I agree. My M3 will have premium lights. I would like matrix but since I only plan to keep the car 2 years, it doesn’t matter. I don’t believe the absence of matrix headlights will make a noticeable (if any) difference on resale value. Maybe to a private sale, but not a trade in.

Yup. My normal routine is to charge to 80% and then I'll see 0.5% charge drain per night. I just charged to 90% a couple days ago and let it sit overnight. In the morning, I was down 2%. So if you're going to charge beyond 80%, be sure that you plan on driving it down to 80% or lower. That seems to be a good rule of thumb.
Yes, that info is straight from Tesla. Gives the best overall life to the battery. Also, limit superchargers as much as possible. Level II at home is fine but the quicker the charge, the more battery degradation over time. At home, change your charge rate to a lower setting when possible.
Don't worry about home charging at all. It's not clear that there's any real danger from superchargers if they're used correctly. There's a well-known YouTube channel that drove the crap out of a Model 3 Performance, driving on tracks, road trips, and generally beating it up, using primarily superchargers and they saw very little degradation even after 100,000 miles. I suspect he just made sure (intentionally or not) that the battery was at a good temperature whenever he used a supercharger.

I've been spending a lot of time watching videos and reading about BEVs and everything I've seen suggests that if the car has a battery management system (early BEVs did not), then the car will keep its range just fine. Just drive it and have fun.

The only two rules that I can think of that people consistently warn about are:

1. Don't leave the car sitting around while it's outside the 15-85% charge range.
2. Don't supercharge a cold battery

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tizzy and jpaychek
I agree. My M3 will have premium lights. I would like matrix but since I only plan to keep the car 2 years, it doesn’t matter. I don’t believe the absence of matrix headlights will make a noticeable (if any) difference on resale value. Maybe to a private sale, but not a trade in.
Me as well, I’m planning to sell it 2-3 year from now, waiting on the cybertruck. So matrix or not is fine with me too. I think it might cost more when accident or replace. My Mercedes have adaptive led dynamic, similar to matrix but a little better, body shop wanted 2400 each, with labor 5400 to remove the bumper and install. Just a fyi if something ever happen to headlights.

Any home charging is a low enough rate to not matter for degradation. But average SOC level does matter, especially for calendar aging. Put charge limit below 80%, as low as you can get away with, for less degradation. go to the battery board & threads on this site.

VIN just dropped via text. VIN 262XXX. New EDD also at same time 05/26 - 05/30.

I have been checking source code every few hours and nothing. Now I can pickup the new car the next day? I got to believe this car is a reject (it is in the Premium headlight build range... of 259-266.) I really wanted Matrix headlights but I can't delay purchase when I don't know when these lights will start to be included again in the build.

The SC is 118 miles away so I need to pick a day when it is not raining. Why? I need to spend a good 45 minutes inspecting the car because I will exceed the 100 mile limit (by driving home) on defects caused after the factory build - dents due to transit, paint scratches, etc. Thank goodness the warranty is still viable for build mistakes.

This is happening way too fast. I need a drink!

Appreciate all the replies guys - I meant NON lfp - (typo) on the LR. Sounds like ill be doing some testing to charging to 80% and see what happens. This is a daily driver and mostly 40mile round trips when I do drive it and on some days 200+ in a day.

Reactions: Omar99