Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,
I’m from Germany, so maybe they‘re some grammatical mistakes 😅

In this Forum there was the guess, that the „isNotmatchedtoR00VIN:false“ in the Source Code maybe means, that there is a match, but not yet displayed.

Do you have made any experiences about that? Or do I have to Ignore that? :D

I‘m waiting for a M3LR, but my delivery will be in November.
Type "5YJ3" It's the best way to look up VIN on the source code. In my case, insurancef did not work on my source code and even popped VIN up. It could work after verified the insurance. Others you can pass them ;)

Edited: If you live and take the delivery in Germany it might be different number of Manufacturer code which is XP7 = Tesla Inc. Berlin, Germany.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soosh and jpaychek
FYI

While we are expected to be patient in waiting for our cars once Tesla is ready to schedule delivery Tesla has no patience with us. Do not wait to schedule your delivery!

I received my it's time to schedule delivery at 8pm on Monday night, the dates I can choose are 2 weeks out so I was making sure I could plan a day off. By 7 pm Tuesday I had received 3 texts and 3 emails reminding me.

The last text(23 hours after I was notified) I was told if I did not schedule delivery that night my order would be put on hold, my car given to someone else, and my order possibly canceled.

Like I get them wanting to move things along. But only 24 hours to schedule a delivery on a notice you receive by text? I can not imagine waiting 4 months for a car only to have it taken from you if you were busy for a day, or your phone broke/died, etc...

I'm terrified this is going to happen to me while I'm out of State for 10 days. I'm going to be pretty angry if the car comes ready outside my EDD while I'm gone and Tesla won't work with me and I end up having to wait a month or two for another car. Crossing my fingers this scenario won't happen but I'm betting there's a good chance it will.

Reactions: Soosh
Type "5YJ3" It's the best way to look up VIN on the source code. In my case, insurancef did not work on my source code and even popped VIN up. It could work after verified the insurance. Others you can pass them ;)

Edited: If you live and take the delivery in Germany it might be different number of Manufacturer code which is XP7 = Tesla Inc. Berlin, Germany.
Thanks! For me it will be „LRW…“ because of the production in Shanghai.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and TSLone
I called Tesla and they have no info about the lights. Said I would need to wait until the car arrives at the delivery center to know what it has. My SA never answered the question related to the headlights but did reply when I asked about delivery info.

Take this with a grain of salt...I don't know if its the truth or they are avoiding these questions
They might be avoiding the question now to prevent people preemptively rejecting the car in hopes that once people have the car in front of them they won’t reject it. 😒

I have seen lots of early to mid March OD have new EDD this am mine has only changed twice and is holding firm. It would be nice to get a two week window but I think next week this may happen. Hoping for a vin mid June
Pay attention to where those VINs are headed. The pattern so far has been eastern orders with a few in the west. I expect the western orders to pick up in a week or so.
What???? Wow I ordered around the same time as you. Wonder why your edd is so late..I’m really hoping they don’t do this to all late march orders
As above, look at the destination. He's in Florida and probably didn't make the cut for this quarter's eastern deliveries. So he'll probably get his in Q3's eastern wave. In contrast, the western wave for Q2 hasn't started yet, and your car will probably be part of that.

I have to say "probably" there because there's no way of knowing for sure, but that's the sort of pattern we've been seeing.

Pay attention to where those VINs are headed. The pattern so far has been eastern orders with a few in the west. I expect the western orders to pick up in a week or so.

As above, look at the destination. He's in Florida and probably didn't make the cut for this quarter's eastern deliveries. So he'll probably get his in Q3's eastern wave. In contrast, the western wave for Q2 hasn't started yet, and your car will probably be part of that.

I have to say "probably" there because there's no way of knowing for sure, but that's the sort of pattern we've been seeing.

You're probably right. We have a few known factors: Labor, batches, supply, and delivery. All are probably optimized to have the most efficient production possible.

I called Tesla and they have no info about the lights. Said I would need to wait until the car arrives at the delivery center to know what it has. My SA never answered the question related to the headlights but did reply when I asked about delivery info.

Take this with a grain of salt...I don't know if its the truth or they are avoiding these questions
That's wild... cause I had two different SA's both look it up and both tell me they see the Matrix lights on my build. So maybe they are lying to me? Maybe the others are lying about having no info. I just don't know anymore.

I'm terrified this is going to happen to me while I'm out of State for 10 days. I'm going to be pretty angry if the car comes ready outside my EDD while I'm gone and Tesla won't work with me and I end up having to wait a month or two for another car. Crossing my fingers this scenario won't happen but I'm betting there's a good chance it will.
Fellow one wheeler, love the pic. PintX here.

• Love
Reactions: Maric
Long ago when I asked innocent questions of my SA I got this from him and wondered why California would be towards the tail end of the quarter. After all my time spent here and based on what I am seeing, making more sense.
9CC0E8BE-3775-45EC-B221-BCA105AAB051.jpeg

Long ago when I asked innocent questions of my SA I got this from him and wondered why California would be towards the tail end of the quarter. After all my time spent here and based on what I am seeing, making more sense. View attachment 808649
Helpful to get confirmation from somebody in the know! Keeping my fingers crossed that my order makes the Q2 cutoff ...

As any other car manufacturer, Tesla has a destination charge. But if you want to set up a home delivery, they charge you extra $750. Feels like paying double for the same thing.
yeah i remember that dumb charge. When I ordered, I wasn't even given the choice for home delivery. Could I have changed it when my vin was assigned? Maybe... but I do also recall the guy at the service center when I went to test drive, told me if I pick it up, it also shaves off a week of waiting. So I figured sure, why not.

Reactions: jpaychek