Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day, another EDD entered. That's right kids, I've entered my 11 day EDD today (May 27-June 7), without a VIN.
94 days since ordering and still nothing. 11 EDD's. If the pattern holds true, tomorrow I'll be given EDD number 12.
I thought for sure I was getting a VIN for my birthday, which is next week.

Gut feeling says EDD changes tomorrow to a 4 day window...and a VIN.

When I do that nothing happens, it actually gives me a message saying something along the lines of "auto hi beams have to be on in autosteer" or something like that. With that being said there are some features I don't have that some of my friends have on their cars like the ability to change the horn (or post horn sound anyways) to always be on with the "replace horn" feature even when driving. They tried with my car but it literally doesn't have the option to even select it to always stay on. 🤔
Are they on older software? The horn thing was “recalled” due to federal regulations and can only be when the car is parked.

Maybe Tesla Vision cars (without radar) needs auto high beams on for autopilot?

Reactions: davidmaciv
Another day, another EDD entered. That's right kids, I've entered my 11 day EDD today (May 27-June 7), without a VIN.
94 days since ordering and still nothing. 11 EDD's. If the pattern holds true, tomorrow I'll be given EDD number 12.
I thought for sure I was getting a VIN for my birthday, which is next week.
"Hey Jim I got an idea. Let's hold this guy's VIN until his birthday as a present. Maybe add some confetti in the car when he gets in as well."

FL folks waiting on the charge ports - SA confirmed yesterday that the WPB location is receiving more cars from Fremont and running out of space to put them due to the charge port hold cars taking up all the space. They said that our affected cars have to go, as its making it an inventory nightmare trying to navigate all of this....with that said, he mentioned that charge port ECUs should be arriving today or tomorrow and installed as fast as they can.

Take all that with a grain of salt but this morsel of information is better than anything i've gotten in the last 2 weeks.

They said that our affected cars have to go, as its making it an inventory nightmare trying to navigate all of this
Why though? Does WPB do home deliveries for incoming vehicles? I have FLL as my SC, so I'm not aware of how things go at our northern neighbor. If they ran out of space in the lot, they can just go against what the customer wants and have it delivered outside their homes.

EDIT: Unless those incoming vehicles also suffer the port issue.

Reactions: Teleezen
Why though? Does WPB do home deliveries for incoming vehicles? I have FLL as my SC, so I'm not aware of how things go at our northern neighbor. If they ran out of space in the lot, they can just go against what the customer wants and have it delivered outside their homes.

EDIT: Unless those incoming vehicles also suffer the port issue.
Not sure i fully understand your question. But I'll take a stab at it; they're running out of space with the truck deliveries they're taking in from Fremont, and the charge port ECU cars that have been there for a month + are in the way...they want these cars to be outfitted with the ECUs ASAP and have them scheduled for delivery so they can get them out of their lot and have space to put the newer cars.

I do not think that they are doing home deliveries.

Forgot to mention I’m in Florida but how does one get in touch with their SA? As far as I know, I’ve never been contacted. Tried restarting hung out to the Eatonville delivery center but I can never get in touch. Thinking about just popping in to the store.
I haven't been assigned a specific SA, i just call the general tesla phone number, press 1, then press 2, and wait for someone to pick up.

Reactions: Teleezen
Forgot to mention I’m in Florida but how does one get in touch with their SA? As far as I know, I’ve never been contacted. Tried restarting hung out to the Eatonville delivery center but I can never get in touch. Thinking about just popping in to the store.
I haven't been assigned a specific SA, i just call the general tesla phone number, press 1, then press 2, and wait for someone to pick up.
Yes, you have been assigned an SA. When you placed your order, you should have received a text stating "Welcome to the Tesla family....".
Just reply to that text and you'll be in touch with your SA.

The best spot to reach out to them is by text. If you ever got a text message from Tesla, then you can keep sending them messages just like a normal text conversation.
Not sure i fully understand your question. But I'll take a stab at it; they're running out of space with the truck deliveries they're taking in from Fremont, and the charge port ECU cars that have been there for a month + are in the way...they want these cars to be outfitted with the ECUs ASAP and have them scheduled for delivery so they can get them out of their lot and have space to put the newer cars.

Right. They're running out of space at the WPB lot for new deliveries. Their best bet is probably to stop deliveries or redirect them to other SCs if all of them end up arriving with charge port issues. Or, deliver to their homes.

Reactions: canasion35

Evil thought. They're taking the ECUs out of the arriving cars and putting them into the ones that have been in the lot for a month. Muahahaha.