Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is crazy for all of us in Florida waiting for our charge ports while cars are getting delivered with the exact build in FL.
Tomorrow will be my OD anniversary date, I ordered 12/27/21, 5 months and still waiting.

NOT HAPPY !!!!
Sorry, I’m new here. So you’re saying you bought and paid for (or are making payments) a car that hasn’t been truly delivered because it’s missing parts? If so, can you cancel the order or reject the car? Did you technically take delivery based on a false promise of theirs? Is Tesla making the payment or handing a loaner car to you while they make you wait for what you already paid for? What about the fact that your car is depreciating while you wait?

Reactions: Maric
Are they on older software? The horn thing was “recalled” due to federal regulations and can only be when the car is parked.

Maybe Tesla Vision cars (without radar) needs auto high beams on for autopilot?
I will try this out in a little bit. Our car that it works on is a 2021, one of the last with the radar from 12/20. I just picked up my new 2022 yesterday and has no radar. But I thought I tried it last night and it turned them off. I will check and report back in a bit.

Does the company pay for transporting your car? Or are you driving it? If you need an auto transport company, I can give you the place I used. The owners seems straightforward and honest. The reviews are also positive.

Or are you planning on putting your car on hold and taking delivery in the new state? Keep in mind sales tax and fees might be different depending f where you go.
My plan is to have a road trip!
But, please share their info just in case.
I think it might be better to actually purchase the car here in MA since the sales tax is lower.
I may need to register again but the total cost might be lower and holding/rejecting my car is not an option because I will go back in the line and have to spend hours on this forum once again ;)

Sorry, I’m new here. So you’re saying you bought and paid for (or are making payments) a car that hasn’t been truly delivered because it’s missing parts? If so, can you cancel the order or reject the car? Did you technically take delivery based on a false promise of theirs? Is Tesla making the payment or handing a loaner car to you while they make you wait for what you already paid for? What about the fact that your car is depreciating while you wait?
I believe they were just saying that they did their waiting, finally got the VIN and near-term EDD, built their plans/finances/car situation based on the fact that the car was to be imminently delivered to their local site ... and then suddenly got told there is a part issue with no ETA on when it will be resolved. Meanwhile, cars that were made/shipped after theirs are being delivered faster.

I think many people see the order fee/reservation process as more of a commitment than just a "$250 cover charge" since you are fully intending to fully purchase the car, and are urged to do pre-delivery tasks like insurance and finance applications, which de facto lock you into the vehicle. I personally haven't technically paid my $62K bill, but the second I received a VIN and near-term EDD, I bought insurance on my specific car, had them run multiple hard credit checks to find the best finance rate, etc. I was locked.

It is possible that someone might have even started paying, as rates do expire (and from what I can gather, even financing done through Tesla could be subject to rate hike if the charge port issue extends past 1 month from application -- and would no longer even be valid at the 2 month mark). So if you're risk averse, paying for a car you don't yet have in your driveway may ironically be the right move.

Granted, enough of the process is broad and "estimated" to prevent Tesla from being obligated to do any of what you said, plus the fact that so many people want Teslas means you don't have any leverage if you threaten a cancellation. That said, I think a reasonably empathetic person would look at the situation and try to be more proactive.

Last edited:
I think it might be better to actually purchase the car here in MA since the sales tax is lower.
I may need to register again but the total cost might be lower and holding/rejecting my car is not an option because I will go back in the line and have to spend hours on this forum once again ;)
That's a good idea. Your tax saving, which I believe is about 3%, alone is probably worth it. And the joy of road tripping ... Sounds like a no brainer.

That sounds fun. Good luck and have fun on your travels. To offset your registration costs, you don't necessarily have to register your car right away once you move. Just a friendly suggestion, not a legal one. Just make sure your new state doesn't penalize you. ;)

Note: I am not affiliated in any way with the company below. Just recommended from a friend. The reviews are nothing but excellent from Josh. He was a whole lot less "salesy" than others I spoke to. I looked at 4 different quotes. See below:

ZIP AUTO SHIPPING AND LOGISTICS LLC
433 PLAZA REAL SUITE 275-42 · Boca Raton, FL 33432
SALESPERSON:JOSH ANDREW
PHONE:561-609-4911
FAX:561-518-7884
EMAIL:[email protected]

I believe they were just saying that they did their waiting, finally got the VIN and near-term EDD, built their plans/finances/car situation based on the fact that the car was to be imminently delivered to their local site ... and then suddenly got told there is a part issue with no ETA on when it will be resolved. Meanwhile, cars that were made/shipped after theirs are being delivered faster.

I think many people see the order fee/reservation process as more of a commitment than just a "$250 cover charge" since you are fully intending to fully purchase the car, and are urged to do pre-delivery tasks like insurance and finance applications, which de facto lock you into the vehicle. I personally haven't technically paid my $62K bill, but the second I received a VIN and near-term EDD, I bought insurance on my specific car, had them run multiple hard credit checks to find the best finance rate, etc. I was locked.

It is possible that someone might have even started paying, as rates do expire (and from what I can gather, even financing done through Tesla could be subject to rate hike if the charge port issue extends past 1 month from application -- and would no longer even be valid at the 2 month mark). So if you're risk averse, paying for a car you don't yet have in your driveway may ironically be the right move.

Granted, enough of the process is broad and "estimated" to prevent Tesla from being obligated to do any of what you said, plus the fact that so many people want Teslas means you don't have any leverage if you threaten a cancellation. That said, I think a reasonably empathetic person would look at the situation and try to be more proactive.

To mitigate any issues with paying for a car that I might not have received yet, I chose DCU and told my insurance company my car hasn't arrived yet but gave them an estimated delivery date.

DCU - Allows for your first payment to be 30 or 60 days out. I chose the latter.
Insurance - My agent (State Farm) told me that I can push back the start date of my policy if there are any delays. I will not incur any fees if I communicate with them. It's a simple email. Some other lenders might do this as well.

Greetings everyone! I am jumping over here from the SR waiting room. I ordered 10/21 and cannot stand waiting much longer, so I updated my order to LR yesterday. I still don't have the updated EDD the SA said it will take 24-48 hours. Cheers
Hey! Welcome to the I-ordered-my-M3 SR+- in- 2021- and- have-gotten-squat- so-paying- the- $10000-upgrade- so- I- can- have -something -to- drive- club! I had ordered August 2021. I thought the 2 month wait for my MY was painful....

DCU - Allows for your first payment to be 30 or 60 days out. I chose the latter.
Insurance - My agent (State Farm) told me that I can push back the start date of my policy if there are any delays. I will not incur any fees if I communicate with them. It's a simple email. Some other lenders might do this as well.
Yes, wasn't aware of DCU until after I already agreed to terms with Tesla. Seems worth considering for many, although the Tesla process was really easy -- and my SA supported me through the process too. So if I had gotten the car on time, I would have been 100% over the moon about Tesla's own option, even if it's a bit more expensive than DCU.

State Farm thing is interesting; that's who I have as well, but I never received direct outreach from an agent. And, yes, I know I can proactively call and explain the car delay (and will if it goes on much longer), but I've had long wait times when I've called in the past. Additionally, I was fine eating a week or two of insurance when I thought the delay would only be that long. Now that we're pushing a full month, it's probably worth calling and pausing.

Yes, wasn't aware of DCU until after I already agreed to terms with Tesla. Seems worth considering for many, although the Tesla process was really easy -- and my SA supported me through the process too. So if I had gotten the car on time, I would have been 100% over the moon about Tesla's own option, even if it's a bit more expensive than DCU.

State Farm thing is interesting; that's who I have as well, but I never received direct outreach from an agent. And, yes, I know I can proactively call and explain the car delay (and will if it goes on much longer), but I've had long wait times when I've called in the past. Additionally, I was fine eating a week or two of insurance when I thought the delay would only be that long. Now that we're pushing a full month, it's probably worth calling and pausing.
DCU has been non responsive to me - I applied to them last Wednesday, been crickets since.

Reactions: Soosh
he decision to purchase this car I rented a 2019 m3lr from turo for 3 days and that car was lighting fast.... WELL... the 2022 is no where near as fast, unless you want to buy the acceleration boost to unlock the speed for $2,000... It's 100% a noticeably slower car than the car I rented from turo and that made me a little sad, however, the difference would NOT be worth the $2k IMO.
That's strange, there isn't any obvious power change between them. Was the 2019 a (stealth) performance model or did it have boost?

Also 2022 has more sound absorption, so maybe it sounds slower?

Reactions: Maric
DCU has been non responsive to me - I applied to them last Wednesday, been crickets since.
Give the loan dept a call (1-800-328-8797 ext. 9150) Same thing happened to me, then got a letter via FedEx saying they needed additional info. Why they couldn't call me or email me and tell me this info is beyond me. Waste of time and money on their end lol.

Once i called them, they got the additional info they needed and the rest of the process was a breeze. Got the check very quick after that.

While DCU isn't as easy as Tesla, it's pretty fast once you get the ball rolling. They overnighted me the check via FedEx and also sent me images of the check. I believe they do a lot of Teslas so they know the drill.

Were you approved?
Give the loan dept a call (1-800-328-8797 ext. 9150) Same thing happened to me, then got a letter via FedEx saying they needed additional info. Why they couldn't call me or email me and tell me this info is beyond me. Waste of time and money on their end lol.

Once i called them, they got the additional info they needed and the rest of the process was a breeze. Got the check very quick after that.

I would reach out and call as stated above. I had to call to get the ball rolling too.

Reactions: Maric and Teleezen
While DCU isn't as easy as Tesla, it's pretty fast once you get the ball rolling. They overnighted me the check via FedEx and also sent me images of the check. I believe they do a lot of Teslas so they know the drill.

Were you approved?

I would reach out and call as stated above. I had to call to get the ball rolling too.
No idea on approval, filled out the online forms and that's it. I will give them a call! I'm 100% confident I will get approved.

Thanks guys! I cannot express how much this forum has helped myself and so many others. This community rocks.