Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AF71FCDA-0971-4FE4-BAB5-0BFF9002AE3C.jpeg

What a joke!! Their delivery method changed it back to pick up…. Fickleness!!!
Is anyone going to be there around same time to pick up a car??

My SA was Elaina. She was great. I guess I didn't realize it but the SAs seem like they during the day they're juggling people in person and responding to texts. So I understand why sometimes they don't immediately respond.

The one thing I'll add is don't expect to go in there and nitpick every possible imperfection. They'll absolutely address things that aren't right like they did with my one panel, but they did mention during pickup that they have general standards for different gaps etc and as long as it's within the standards they probably wouldn't do too much.

The only reason I mention it is that on some of the delivery videos I saw they seem to give them impression that people should go over every little thing with a microscope. And I think originally when I mentioned something they were hesitant to do anything until I pointed out the car sitting right next to it. Everyone was cool and ultimately took care of everything. But just be prepared unless there's something obviously wrong with the paint, not working properly, or that you could point to another car to easily show something isn't right they might tell you to deal with it.

My advice to anyone is just be patient with the whole process. If something comes up, everyone I've worked with has been perfectly willing to help and reasonable. But they also seem very busy -- as long as you're willing to be patient they will do what they can for you.
Thanks for the heads up. I don’t plan on being nit picky. I’m not going in with a checklist. I’ve already gone over what to look for with other Tesla owners (practice walk thru😝) so I already know what to expect. As I stated before, I only plan to keep this car a couple of years so I don’t need perfection. I already know it doesn’t have matrix lights and it doesn’t bother me. I talked to Elaina about a month ago when I toured the SC. Your right, she was very friendly and helpful. I hope she’s there when my pickup time is scheduled.

Hello, friends,
I live in Boston and my car will be delivered this weekend.
I got a job offer and will be moving to the west coast in a month.
What are your suggestions regarding registration, fees, relocation, and incentives ...?

Thanks.
That’s tricky.

Unless you have an address and license in the new state already I don’t think you’ll be able to register there. Unless you put your order on hold and wait to take delivery after moving.

Ordered my M3 SR on 5/15/22 (white/white with aero wheels)
Updated to LR on 5/23/22
EDD 1: 9/3-10/15

Any assumptions on how accurate that delivery window will be? Can I be optimistic of a quicker delivery?
Assuming your EDD 1 is for the LR, the first EDD window tends to be fairly accurate. You may see some slight upward movement into August at some point, but your odds of getting a car this quarter are fairly slim. At that point, not a lot seems to happen the first month of the quarter i.e. July for you and then cars start heading East working their way West in August/September.

Last edited:
Delivery day! Everything overall very, very solid.
Matrix headlights. Tint tomorrow, and then full detail the following day. Teslas definition of a detail is a bit weak lol. Well worth the wait!
View attachment 808821
Update: Mobile service scheduled, undercarriage has a plastic piece hanging down a bit. And driver door weather stripping is missing a clip. Tint is done. (5% back half of car, 15% front windows, 50% windshield, 80% clear sunroof) all lumar ceramic.

Attachments

• AA9C39C8-9D8A-42FF-A974-822C4DB279AA.jpeg
    AA9C39C8-9D8A-42FF-A974-822C4DB279AA.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 79
  • B8EC7530-5186-47A5-AE71-85691E75C3C7.jpeg
    B8EC7530-5186-47A5-AE71-85691E75C3C7.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 77
  • F6114EFE-7B91-45A9-B343-57EC8CA90A2C.jpeg
    F6114EFE-7B91-45A9-B343-57EC8CA90A2C.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 1841C719-5391-4025-BFC4-3DF925F964FB.jpeg
    1841C719-5391-4025-BFC4-3DF925F964FB.jpeg
    808.3 KB · Views: 80
West coast not getting the love until the end of the quarter… same boat here 😞
😢 it's very demoralizing. I can understand Tesla logistically fulfilling the east coast orders in the beginning of the quarter, but I wish they would at least assign some VINS to the West Coast orders and be more transparent with expectations that those orders will be filled later in the quarter.

Crazy and a little freaked I didn't expect a Vin and 5-day EDD window so quick. Wonder if it was rejected.

M3LR Gray/Black 19" No FSD
Denver Metro area
OD 4/22
EDD 7/31 - 9/11

VIN 248XXX received 5/21/22 7am
EDD 5/21 - 5/25
Took delivery today, the car is amazing. Ryzen chip, Matrix headlights, tires are Continental. I got in before the took out the mobile charger.

Friendly and went over everything and answered all my bigger questions I was pretty well versed on everything since ordering I have been consuming videos on the car. Then left me for an hour to go over the car.

Only minor issues one door handle not flush, a yellow marker like pen streak on the driver side interior pillar, rear passenger side stripping had one spot that needs better glue the other exact spot on the driver side was not as bad but documented it. Hood was slightly off on the gaps but I really had to look. Small slight scratch on one rear door would have seen it unless the pollen was blowing and highlighted it. Service appointment was scheduled.

Sorry I feel a little dirty seeing the fine members here waiting on theirs my order date was 4/22 and expected August or September for a Vin and this went way quick. I suspected it had issues and was rejected so went over it big time. Its birth date was 5-5-22 They received it 5-16-22 248XXX vin. Cancelations I guess or order changes fell in my favor it looks like.

IMG_0069.jpg

Hello, friends,
I live in Boston and my car will be delivered this weekend.
I got a job offer and will be moving to the west coast in a month.
What are your suggestions regarding registration, fees, relocation, and incentives ...?

Thanks.
As for relocation, does your new job offer relo packages? I would look into auto transport companies. My previous car was from the east coast in Delaware and had that delivered to CA by an auto transport company and they delivery it to your location, home, office etc. and it was on a rig similar to what our Teslas are transported on. You're probably going to have to pay the registration fees in the county that you are currently in and then get it re-registered in the state you are moving to once you're there and they will issue you license plates. Congrats! on the new job.

Reactions: davidmaciv
SoCal
OD 2/22/2022 MSM / Black / NoFSD / Aero Wheels ED #1 : 5/15/ — 6/12 ED #2 5/19 — 6/1 ED #3 5/21 — 6/2
Delivery date scheduled for May 27

This gives me hope of delivery within the next 2 weeks since that's about how much later my order was to yours ... Congratulations on the successful delivery!