Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the car never showed up today so I had to reschedule for Friday. The SA said that they have a new driver so he's not quite sure what's going on as far as it's location. I know the weather is supposed to be awful tomorrow so maybe it's a blessing.
Definitely disappointing, but I do agree it may be for the best to pickup on a dry day. Certainly will make it easier to inspect the car prior to pickup.

Last edited:
Since you work there, can you find out more info about your order?
I guess if I went down to another building and talked to the right person in a specific department directly its very possible. I don't think my SA is the normal assigned SA that nonemployee's get. Mine doesn't even work in the state I reside. Plus this person controls the specific perks I can acquire for working there.

Here are the minor issues I found upon delivery.

door seal not properly installed - front passenger (could fix myself but they shouldn’t have sent it out half installed)
door handle too far in, won’t retract correctly - rear passenger (door works)
stitching (maybe some sort of backing) on drivers seat
rear bumper doesn’t seem to be fully “snapped” into place on drivers side
scratch on 1 window
looks to be scratches on charging door (may come off but I’ll let them do it)
A-pillar gap looks slightly pushed in. Other side is perfect.

most of these are probably 10 minute fixes.

I had test driven an SR+ so I was shocked by the power in the LR. Acceleration Boost is likely to follow anyway. Why not?

YOLO

Reactions: Ignatius2021
Here are the minor issues I found upon delivery.

door seal not properly installed - front passenger (could fix myself but they shouldn’t have sent it out half installed)
door handle too far in, won’t retract correctly - rear passenger (door works)
stitching (maybe some sort of backing) on drivers seat
rear bumper doesn’t seem to be fully “snapped” into place on drivers side
scratch on 1 window
looks to be scratches on charging door (may come off but I’ll let them do it)
A-pillar gap looks slightly pushed in. Other side is perfect.

most of these are probably 10 minute fixes.

I had test driven an SR+ so I was shocked by the power in the LR. Acceleration Boost is likely to follow anyway. Why not?

YOLO
Those are some super specific things you found ... did you find those before you accepted delivery OR within the first 24 hours of ownership?

It was entirely unnecessary as most "holier than thou" power trips are.

Without getting too deep into the weeds, I've worked IT for a long time, used to work for a few very well known software companies in the bay area and was heavily involved in bimmerforums by virtue of being an e36 track rat and my IT knowledge/connections. I reached out to a few folks I know that are in both worlds and shared my correspondence and those folks turned me on to a few other previously well regard posters here that have since left the community due to similar reasons. Its a real shame.
Funny you mention bimmerforums. Before buying my Tesla I was looking at a BMW X1. Fit what I was looking for and would have been my first BMW. I test drove it twice. First with my daughter on a casual test drive with no intent to buy then a second time with my trade in and down payment ready. On the second drive I took the car out for over an hour and really 'drove' it. For some reason the enjoyment I felt the first test drive did not carry over to the second but I still liked the car enough to be interested. I returned to the dealership and negotiated the car price down to just over invoice (like $200). I had researched all of the add-ons/packages and knew exactly what the invoice prices were. They were eager to sell and the agreed to my price. Sitting the 'back room' is where it all fell apart. I starting signing paperwork and got to the part where they try to sell you the added warranty which would have blown my budget out the window. Plus all of my research on BMWs and high cost of ownership was buzzing in my head. I did negotiate a decent discount on the warranty but ultimately I pulled out of the deal and stopped signing paperwork... my gut was telling me not to buy the car. Of course they tried to convince them otherwise. After I arrived home without a new car (kids and wife were pretty surprised) I reached to a friend who owns a 2020 model 3 (Thank my wife here for recommending I think about a Tesla). He agreed to let me test drive his car. Two days later I am in his model 3 and he's driving. He punches the pedal ... I feel the torque ... I get giddy like a school boy and I was hooked. He then let me drive which was nerve wracking at first but I quickly picked up the 1 pedal driving and was surprised that I didnt mind not have a console of dials right in front of my face. Next day I took my wife and 2 kids to a local Tesla dealership for another test drive. That night I ordered. Fast forward a little over a month and I am chatting with you fine folks.

Looks like the price of M3 LR just increased. Is it safe to assume that they’ll honor the price we had when we placed our order or will they try to squeeze an extra $500 out of us?
New loan documents appear on my Tesla account now and the price has NOT been raised. The $1000 discount is being honored as far as I can tell.