Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think everyone gets that text tbh. However they way you are painting this is unfortunately giving me bad vibes. Fingers crossed. You seem to have a good attitude about it at well. Keep us updated please :)

Only thing I'll say is make sure you communicate this to your SA that you still want the car and will pay after inspection just so they don't think you are ghosting them and reassign the vin

Yeah, will do and speak with my SA and let him know beforehand!

For people that have already applied/signed up for a loan w/ DCU: How long did it take after submitting your original application to hear back, and did you get a confirmation email when you applied? I didn't get any kind of confirmation and am a little worried that it never went through. I applied late saturday night.

Just to add you can now buy the ccs adapter from the Korean tesla store its about 200$. There are youtube videos that confirm it is legitimate.

You can’t do this anymore unfortunately. The site accepts only Korean credit cards, so you’d need someone in Korea to order for you. Hopefully those who saw my post in this thread went ahead and ordered from harumio. Otherwise, you’d have to pay $700 to get one from eBay unless you have a friend in Korea.

You can’t do this anymore unfortunately. The site accepts only Korean credit cards, so you’d need someone in Korea to order for you. Hopefully those who saw my post in this thread went ahead and ordered from harumio. Otherwise, you’d have to pay $700 to get one from eBay unless you have a friend in Korea.
That's a shame then. Thanks for the update

So I've never traded a car in before. According to KBB I have positive equity on my car which I still owe (about 16k). I also hope to put a down payment. Once my trade in is approved. Do I put down the trade in value with the down payment? For example if my trade in is 6k and I'm doing a 10k down payment. For the loan application do I put 16k? Or just 10k and the 6k will automatically apply?
OD 05/19
M3LR W/B Aero no FSD
EDD 09/06 - 10/18

Hello guys,

OD: 01/27/22
Black ext / White int / 19"
EDD: Aug 10 - 24

I had a question for anyone who’s done a RWD to LR change or has seen the process. I note that currently many LR orders from April are being fulfilled - so I believe if I do the change, based on the Jan order date it would be pushed above in the queue?

My SA was saying if this change is done the EDD could change to even October. I was confused because I thought it would be around the same time based on the OD in comparison to the current April OD LRs being pushed out.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance for if there is a potential change from RWD to LR, what in your experience would happen based on the config and order date?

Thank you!

Hello guys,

I had a question for anyone who’s done a RWD to LR change or has seen the process. I note that currently many LR orders from April are being fulfilled - so I believe if I do the change, based on the Jan order date it would be pushed above in the queue?

My SA was saying if this change is done the EDD could change to even October. I was confused because I thought it would be around the same time based on the OD in comparison to the current April OD LRs being pushed out.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance for if there is a potential change from RWD to LR, what in your experience would happen based on the config and order date?

Thank you!
I could be wrong but If you have a 2 week window right now with RWD/SR, I believe you may negatively impact your EDD changing to AWD/LR at this point. If your goal is to get a car as fast as possible you may want to stick with your current order as the best option. If you want to upgrade cause you want AWD, range and etc from LR then I would upgrade and deal with the EDD as it comes.

Hello guys,

Thank you!
I can’t speak on the change for that piece but I did change from a LR to a P and it doesn’t seem to have done much of anything. All of those who ordered the P after my original order date for the LR have started to receive their cars and I am still waiting.

Reactions: Cereal
So I've never traded a car in before. According to KBB I have positive equity on my car which I still owe (about 16k). I also hope to put a down payment. Once my trade in is approved. Do I put down the trade in value with the down payment? For example if my trade in is 6k and I'm doing a 10k down payment. For the loan application do I put 16k? Or just 10k and the 6k will automatically apply?
OD 05/19
M3LR W/B Aero no FSD
EDD 09/06 - 10/18
That's a great question for your lender. It's their paperwork and the answer is subject to how they view the transaction.

I purchased my Tesla with a trade plus cash and when the paperwork was finished, I found that the car had been reported (for tax purposes) as being purchased for the cash amount, not the combined amount. So the world of finance is whatever the people doing the accounting say it is. I should trade in the Model 3 I have for a new one so that I only have to pay a couple thousand more in cash - and I'll have a car valued by the state as only a couple thousand dollars. It would save me a bunch on annual property taxes.

Just got my VIN 315xx. Delivery date is now 8/8- 8/12. Pretty damn excited. I need to figure out the whole proof of insurance thing now. I guess just add a 2nd vehicle to my policy even though I still got around 2 weeks till the car arrives.
My insurance company added mine using the first EDD date as the effective date...then they can adjust if needed.

Reactions: HeatherW22
My insurance company added mine using the first EDD date as the effective date...then they can adjust if needed.

We went through this back in May when we had a VIN and then rejected the car.

USAA is pretty flexible. Probably like most insurance companies.

We simply said we wanted coverage starting on the delivery date (not estimated but the actual delivery date). You COULD put in a date if you aren't certain on the actual delivery date but why pay for a couple of days early if you don't need to.

Save a few bucks as @cpu5h mentioned.

Things are coming to fruition for our late orders for that quarter! Congrats to everyone taking delivery soon!!!!!

Reactions: cpu5h
Quick update officially at 120 days since OD 4 months
1658762884608.gif