Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

OD: 01/27/22
Black ext / White int / 19"
EDD: Aug 10 - 24

I had a question for anyone who’s done a RWD to LR change or has seen the process. I note that currently many LR orders from April are being fulfilled - so I believe if I do the change, based on the Jan order date it would be pushed above in the queue?

My SA was saying if this change is done the EDD could change to even October. I was confused because I thought it would be around the same time based on the OD in comparison to the current April OD LRs being pushed out.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance for if there is a potential change from RWD to LR, what in your experience would happen based on the config and order date?

Thank you!

my initial order was M3 RWD MSM placed on may 1 and that time delivery was aug to oct. Once order was placed EDD changed to oct 12-dec 2. I upgraded to LR on July 1 and EDD changed to july 20-Aug 2 within days. I’m picking up on July 29.

Congrats!!!🎉👏 Do you know what configures does 317 have?
Not certain yet.......there are random things that happen based on what I have seen and actually delivery experience in May ( declined )

I "believe" that the 317 series , depending on order, should get the charger and the adapter. Other than that, I can't comment. I did tell the SA that we wont accept a vehicle w/o Matrix headlights.

Will see what happens......If you have seen something, let me know I believe that the 317xxx is out of Fremont and I haven't seen cars lately that do not have the Matrix headlights AKA Global

So I've never traded a car in before. According to KBB I have positive equity on my car which I still owe (about 16k). I also hope to put a down payment. Once my trade in is approved. Do I put down the trade in value with the down payment? For example if my trade in is 6k and I'm doing a 10k down payment. For the loan application do I put 16k? Or just 10k and the 6k will automatically apply?
OD 05/19
M3LR W/B Aero no FSD
EDD 09/06 - 10/18
You're likely better off selling your trade-in to Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, Autonation, KBB, etc. They'll all give you an instant quote online by submitting your VIN, and will likely be higher than what Tesla offers you as a trade. If you go through with selling your trade-in to one of those places, they will cut you a check for the difference (what they offer you less your payoff). Then you can use that money as cash to put toward your down payment. They will also payoff your lender and handle all that paperwork.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
my initial order was M3 RWD MSM placed on may 1 and that time delivery was aug to oct. Once order was placed EDD changed to oct 12-dec 2. I upgraded to LR on July 1 and EDD changed to july 20-Aug 2 within days. I’m picking up on July 29.
You ordered over a month after me and receiving yours before I even get a vin. It seems you have the same config, this is a bit annoying...

I can not understate how annoyed I am, getting close and it is tough to watch base orders later than mine pick up already. The upgraded configs I fully understand but not others, especially by a month.

Reactions: Fire0897 and ZZ118
You ordered over a month after me and receiving yours before I even get a vin. It seems you have the same config, this is a bit annoying...

I can not understate how annoyed I am, getting close and it is tough to watch base orders later than mine pick up already. The upgraded configs I fully understand but not others, especially by a month.
He is Canada though so unfortunately it's apples and oranges comparing to him. However I do understand your frustration as well

Congrats!!!🎉👏 Do you know what configures does 317 have?
Not certain for US deliveries......will see.

Location is something that you have to look at.....for us in Colorado/Wyoming....etc where a train won't hit.. we are looking at trucks. Bottom line is it happens......do I like it....NOT.....but hang in there. I was one of the LAST March orders and finally have a vin and an anticipated delivery.
I’m hoping because my 30 lock for my rate ends aug 5 and rates went up again and with the fed meeting this week rates are going up again for sure.
Call your lender....you should have a relationship with them.......hang in there~!