Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the EDD is likely to change again, but how lenient is Tesla with adjusting delivery times? It just so happens that this period covers a week where I’ll be out of town…when I ordered the EDD was way after this planned family trip.
Don't even worry about it right now. A lot is going to happen between this EDD and when you actually take delivery.

I know the EDD is likely to change again, but how lenient is Tesla with adjusting delivery times? It just so happens that this period covers a week where I’ll be out of town…when I ordered the EDD was way after this planned family trip.
However since I didn't fully answer your question... Tesla gives you a 3 day window. They tend to be much more strict when the car is delivered during the end of a quarter vs the start of a quarter. So it's hard to give a straight answer to that. If, for some reason, you cannot take delivery during the window reach out to the SA and see what they can do. Worst case you will need to unmatch the VIN and go back in line (not the back) and wait for the next VIN. However, you can only do this once. If you reject or unmatch a second time they can (and will usually) cancel your order.

The usual progression is you will get a 2 week EDD then sometime a VIN and like a 4-5 day EDD. During that time they will open the app so you can schedule delivery during a 3 day window. Until you get the VIN though its all just speculative when the car will come. As a NY order you will likely have a minimum of 10 days from VIN to delivery to get things in order.

If you didn't finance you can also sign a power of attorney letter to have someone pick up the car on your behalf. But beaware that person will also be signing off on the car so they will be the ones doing the inspection etc.

Hope that helps

Too bad about the stone chip but at least that can be fixed.
We lucked out, we brought it to Speedy Glass and they don't service Teslas and said the chip was too big and the windshield needs to be replaced. They said to try Apple Auto glass in town but didn't think they'd do it. Apple said they used to service Teslas however Tesla pulled all the codes from them so they can't do calibrations (and therefore cant replace windshields).

So he looked at it said and said it was iffy but they could try it. If it didn't work it'll crack the windshield but I figured I had nothing to lose at this point. Well the filler worked, he thinks it'll hold he just said not to hit it with snowbrushes in the winter to get ice off the windshield.

If it didnt work it was going to be a road trip to likely Winnipeg as the closest service centre to get the windshield replaced...

Anyone out there with a 338xxx or newer vin who has received their car and still had it delivered with the mobile connector?
I too am wondering whether I'll get one. Asked my SA last Friday whether they are still including a "grace period" Mobile Connector and he said they just stopped within past week. Not sure if grace period is tied to OD or manufacture (VIN) date. My car is supposed to arrive today at delivery location so I may text them to check if it's included and/or beg them to throw one in. Will let you all know once I take delivery this Friday.

Reactions: Fire0897
We lucked out, we brought it to Speedy Glass and they don't service Teslas and said the chip was too big and the windshield needs to be replaced. They said to try Apple Auto glass in town but didn't think they'd do it. Apple said they used to service Teslas however Tesla pulled all the codes from them so they can't do calibrations (and therefore cant replace windshields).

So he looked at it said and said it was iffy but they could try it. If it didn't work it'll crack the windshield but I figured I had nothing to lose at this point. Well the filler worked, he thinks it'll hold he just said not to hit it with snowbrushes in the winter to get ice off the windshield.

If it didnt work it was going to be a road trip to likely Winnipeg as the closest service centre to get the windshield replaced...
Sometimes I take for granted how accessible everything is in Southern Ontario.

NICE!

Can you do me a couple of favors? Inside the driver door when it is open did they paint on the inside from the A pillar down to the floor.....mine is NOT painted but the passenger side is.

Also can you let me know what software you are running? Mine is 2022.15.102

I was hoping for the green light chime that came out in I believe the 2022.20 update but that was for a P model.

Mine is in the garage now as I am plastidipping all the tesla logos and the dual motor logo to matte black. I also have a SpaceX badge that gets here tomorrow for the other side of the trunk. So far we are loving the car! Dont forget to set your home in the car. Just say navigate home and assign your address....it should show up on the screen....otherwise we did not get the correct charging info in the app.
Is this what you are talking about

Attachments

• 81BA894D-67E1-47AA-956C-44099E174F67.jpeg
    81BA894D-67E1-47AA-956C-44099E174F67.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 85
Got the Schedule Delivery text and email just now. I don't remember selecting home delivery but Tesla are giving me a 2 day window of 8/26-8/27 to deliver the car to my mailing address LOL I texted the SA to see what gives. I guess I don't really mind if they deliver the car directly to me but I kind of wanted to have an SA around if I have questions. Anyone have experience with home delivery?

Reactions: RobertsM3SR