Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my car June and am due to pick up on 3 December 2022, I didn't get a text so now I am thinking do I forgo the car I was going to get
and wait for an existing inventory car with the 3750 discount.. Just about to sign the Motor vehicle Purchase agreement with my credit union so this is all very complicated!!!!

I ordered my car June and am due to pick up on 3 December 2022, I didn't get a text so now I am thinking do I forgo the car I was going to get
and wait for an existing inventory car with the 3750 discount.. Just about to sign the Motor vehicle Purchase agreement with my credit union so this is all very complicated!!!!
I spoke to sales rep, they were hit by news and didn't know this. They said we will get discount, as long is car is new and delivery in december.
We picking up on December 10.
So you should be good

Reactions: UtahRider
See the official (?) word from Tesla on the $3,750 delivery credit

1669940221763.png

See the official (?) word from Tesla on the $3,750 delivery credit

View attachment 880322
This suggests to me that Model 3 Long Range vehicles delivered in 2023 will qualify for only $3,750 of the tax credit (half). So if they keep the price of a base configuration at $55,000, then that lowers the effective price to $51,250. They could get more aggressive and put the higher-spec trims under $55,000, which would push basic configurations down into the 40s.

I'm sure that Tesla will be pushing to qualify the Model 3 for the full $7,500 tax credit over time.

Reactions: jpaychek
Those of us who took delivery last weekend are delighted to hear this. :confused:
Great news for people that waited but bad news for everyone that took delivery (like me) in November. Would have been nice if they had offered 50% of the discount to buyers that took delivery in November. I would have gladly waited until Dec since I had a pre-production vehicle which I ended up canceling (lost $250 deposit) since Tesla wouldn't allow me to change an existing RWD order to a pre-production LR. Long story short, ended up "matching" the RWD order to an LR that was available (most likely a cancellation) and took delivery in mid Nov. I guess hindsight is 20/20.

This suggests to me that Model 3 Long Range vehicles delivered in 2023 will qualify for only $3,750 of the tax credit (half). So if they keep the price of a base configuration at $55,000, then that lowers the effective price to $51,250. They could get more aggressive and put the higher-spec trims under $55,000, which would push basic configurations down into the 40s.

I'm sure that Tesla will be pushing to qualify the Model 3 for the full $7,500 tax credit over time.
The Dec 2022 Incentive pricing goes far beyond the EV Tax Credit and is a deal too good to pass up. As you correctly pointed out, the Model 3/Y EVs that clearly won't qualify for the Tax Credit in 2023 are being discounted for 30 days. The Model 3 RWD uses a Chinese made battery and likely will not qualify for the Tax Credit in full. If you are in the market for a Tesla this is the time to get it done before prices go back up and wait times get unreasonable again.

I have hand it to Tesla, no other vehicle manufacturer would give a discount to buyers after they have agreed upon a price and well into the purchasing process. They are going a long way to build brand loyalty in ways no one else will ever try.

I have hand it to Tesla, no other vehicle manufacturer would give a discount to buyers after they have agreed upon a price and well into the purchasing process. They are going a long way to build brand loyalty in ways no one else will ever try.
I don't think Tesla had a choice. People would have cancelled their order and placed a new order to get the discount. When I picked up my LR in mid Nov from Fremont, CA, there were close to 1000 new vehicles sitting on the lot. Wonder how bad the cancellation rate is for them to finally offer the discount.

Reactions: phishphan
I don't think Tesla had a choice. People would have cancelled their order and placed a new order to get the discount. When I picked up my LR in mid Nov from Fremont, CA, there were close to 1000 new vehicles sitting on the lot. Wonder how bad the cancellation rate is for them to finally offer the discount.
"People would have cancelled their order and placed a new order to get the discount."

They are giving 30 day incentive pricing for 6 Trims when only 1 Model Y Trim will qualify for the EV Tax Credit and possibly one Model 3 trim will qualify for half the credit.

That clearly isn't what is going on here. They did something similar in 2020 when they gave away free super charging for a year for Dec deliveries.

"People would have cancelled their order and placed a new order to get the discount."

They are giving 30 day incentive pricing for 6 Trims when only 1 Model Y Trim will qualify for the EV Tax Credit and possibly one Model 3 trim will qualify for half the credit.

That clearly isn't what is going on here. They did something similar in 2020 when they gave away free super charging for a year for Dec deliveries.
Buyers that don't qualify for the tax credit (income limit) would greatly benefit from the current discount instead of waiting for Jan or later delivery.

Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
Buyers that don't qualify for the tax credit (income limit) would greatly benefit from the current discount instead of waiting for Jan or later delivery.
on top of that, Model 3 LR don't qualify for tax credit cause of price above limits
So, its truly $3750 discount as XMASS gift I would say.
I was so upset when they pushed our delivery from November 23 to December 10, but now I'm happy :)

on top of that, Model 3 LR don't qualify for tax credit cause of price above limits
So, its truly $3750 discount as XMASS gift I would say.
I was so upset when they pushed our delivery from November 23 to December 10, but now I'm happy :)
Exactly! No other auto company would have given "locked-in" buyers a holiday discount that was neither asked for or negotiated. Despite the kinks in their buying process, it is a vast improvement on the dealer model and they are building a lot of brand loyalty with this kind of gesture.

I jumped on the 3750 deal. Needed something for the wife, was going to get her the RWD in a couple weeks when I could push delivery to Jan and grab the credit. Wanted the LR more but ... hey, over the price limit for the credit. Not that the credit really matters in the end, but weirdly enough I wanted it anyway. So by dropping the price on -all- Model 3s by 3750, I figured now was a good time to grab one. And the wife convinced herself she needed AWD. I didn't argue ;-). So tomorrow I'll be picking up one that was in inventory. Gray, no added options.

This is my second tesla, my first was a nearly identical 2019 (same color) but it was a Performance model. I still have the winter wheels from that car, which is looking mighty convenient right about now. Gonna need to do something before summer about the 18 inch aero wheels though.

I do sort of wonder, however, if the easy availability of inventory means demand is flattening a bit. Would make sense given the state of the economy right now if people are holding back on big purchases. If Tesla wants to juice sales, they may be planning to drop the LR enough to squeak it under the wire and let people get the credit. In which case the current 3750 deal won't look that great ;-). Not trying to be a pessimist. Comes naturally.

I do sort of wonder, however, if the easy availability of inventory means demand is flattening a bit. Would make sense given the state of the economy right now if people are holding back on big purchases. If Tesla wants to juice sales, they may be planning to drop the LR enough to squeak it under the wire and let people get the credit. In which case the current 3750 deal won't look that great ;-). Not trying to be a pessimist. Comes naturally.

👍

I'm going with the RWD LFP, we like to keep our vehicles for the long run and the pack should have better longevity, but yea AWD has an appeal. I don't see Tesla reducing the price of the Model 3 long range, as they are squarely focused on ramping Model Y production and at some point will shift production towards the refreshed Model 3. Even if they did, their past playbook has been to lock up as many features as they can to recoup the revenue in future upgrades (e.g., heated seats or steering).

I think the $3,750 incentive will go down as a epic opportunity for those of us taking the leap.

Congrats!