Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our M3 LR AWD EAP just six days ago!

Ordered from existing inventory on Tesla website on 10/12/22 and accepted deliver on 11/19/22 (5 weeks and 3 days). We live in Seattle and picked up in PDX. Original DD window was 11/21 - 12/21, so we were happy with the earlier appointment (I’m sure Tesla wanted it off their lot ASAP, and before Thanksgiving).

Trade-in was seamless. We traded in a 2017 Toyota Camry LE at the expected KBB quote. Worked perfectly for us because we don’t have a lot of time on our hands to facilitate a private sale. Fun fact, my 2011 WRX went at auction and got excellent return, enough to trade across directly for the Toyota!

Misaligned Panel. Missed it on walk around, but there is an ever-so-slight panel misalignment of the rear left roof rail (a few mm above the tailgate rail. Wouldn’t have been a dealbreaker because it’s barely noticeable, and after having seen more extreme occurrences of here in TMC, I laid my neuroticism to rest. Nothing else found on my “second inspection”.

EAP - no phantom breaking so far, but a few times the auto lane change decided to return back to the original lane after it was confused by asphalt patchwork or other variable surfaces.

Tip for using autopilot - my wife and I found that the easiest use of autopilot that avoids the reminders is to “pretend to steer”. In our short experience, ends up being less jolting than pulling the steering wheel off to one side (and subsequently having to correct ourselves when having to take over)
3ECF1988-E24B-4B14-B132-B37A5F0CAE05.jpeg

Just got a text from Tesla: "We expect your Model 3 VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.
Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app."

I wonder how long it currently takes from getting the VIN assigned; to manufacturing the car in Fremont; to delivering to Utah?

Took delivery on Wednesday before thanksgiving of my 2023 M3LR. Purchased 11/4 from existing new inventory. Delivery inspection using app worked well. No panel gap issues, strange squeaks or window issues. Have put on 600 miles so far and love love love it. Only issue so far was a software glitch that prevented loading of games. Once I put in a service request for that - by the end of the day the issue had been fixed remotely so I cancelled my service appointment. Purchased the acceleration boost and love it. Still thinking about FSD but will give it a little while before I pull the trigger there.

Overall I'm so impressed by the vehicle. It's smooth, fast, comfortable and fun. Delivery was fairly impersonal but I blame two years of COVID for that. They made a good car there in Fremont!

Got my VIN and delivery date for this Saturday 3rd Dec 2022 yesterday!.
The VIN is VIN 5YJ3E1EB9PF389nnn
This is my first car not bought used and I have owned about 20 cars! I had a 2019 AWD M3 sold in July privately at peak pricing, and loved it. Put 30k miles on it in a year and half driving to Vegas, California from Utah frequently.
I am looking forward to the heat pump in snowy Utah, as well as better headlights, Ryzen chip, CCS charging, new interior console, new cameras, double pane windows, magnetic sun visors, power trunk, Li ion battery, etc etc

I was suprised I got the 389nnn series as other VINs on this thread and the tracking spreadsheet are 390nnn to 420nnn. But with capacity at Fremont at 12,000 cars a week maybe I should not be paranoid it is a reject car from another customer. Perhaps they are batch built in waves?
The white interior was probably the hold up - there are plenty of black interior AWD on waitingfortesla dot com but just now there are about 22 with white interiors. I will check the car carefully, fingers crossed it's a good one!

Got my VIN and delivery date for this Saturday 3rd Dec 2022 yesterday!.
The VIN is VIN 5YJ3E1EB9PF389nnn
This is my first car not bought used and I have owned about 20 cars! I had a 2019 AWD M3 sold in July privately at peak pricing, and loved it. Put 30k miles on it in a year and half driving to Vegas, California from Utah frequently.
I am looking forward to the heat pump in snowy Utah, as well as better headlights, Ryzen chip, CCS charging, new interior console, new cameras, double pane windows, magnetic sun visors, power trunk, Li ion battery, etc etc

I was suprised I got the 389nnn series as other VINs on this thread and the tracking spreadsheet are 390nnn to 420nnn. But with capacity at Fremont at 12,000 cars a week maybe I should not be paranoid it is a reject car from another customer. Perhaps they are batch built in waves?
The white interior was probably the hold up - there are plenty of black interior AWD on waitingfortesla dot com but just now there are about 22 with white interiors. I will check the car carefully, fingers crossed it's a good one!
Interesting - I just spoke to Tesla and they said the car was built on 26 November and the reason for differing VINs is they batch together similar builds.
He confirmed the car has the latest chip, matrix lights and Michelin (not Hankook) tires.

So ViN series 389nnn is from a build date of 26th Nov. But I never got a text saying car was built in factory? The plate in the car will show month/year built. I will be checking that it is 11/23 and not 10/23

I also asked if I buy the new Bluetooth TPMS wheel pressure sensors ( ~$400) for my 2019 19" winter tire and wheel set up would the installation and wheel swop be included. He said he did not know and would try to ask the service department. Otherwise I may just buy the 18" winter wheel+tires($2250) and sell the 2019 19" sport wheels with winter tires.

Interesting - I just spoke to Tesla and they said the car was built on 26 November and the reason for differing VINs is they batch together similar builds.
He confirmed the car has the latest chip, matrix lights and Michelin (not Hankook) tires.

So ViN series 389nnn is from a build date of 26th Nov. But I never got a text saying car was built in factory? The plate in the car will show month/year built. I will be checking that it is 11/23 and not 10/23

I also asked if I buy the new Bluetooth TPMS wheel pressure sensors ( ~$400) for my 2019 19" winter tire and wheel set up would the installation and wheel swop be included. He said he did not know and would try to ask the service department. Otherwise I may just buy the 18" winter wheel+tires($2250) and sell the 2019 19" sport wheels with winter tires.
They are making a car a minute, mind blowing! Tesla Fremont Factory Produces More Than 1 Car Per Minute