Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess the pressure and also fomo of locking in the 2.49 interest rate got to me in hope order would not exceed 2 months. But looking at the timelines now, I'm not sure I can make it anymore lol :(
You're not alone my friend lol.

I ordered on 5/3 and by 5/4 i got a text that i should complete all the info (including financial etc). Ended up doing the financing that day. My 60 day will be Jul 3. At the moment my Estimated Delivery is Jun 7-27, cutting it close, but what can you do.

Edit: if you have to re-do your financing again because of 60 days, make sure to email and ask [email protected] to get you better rates. I went from 2.49% to 1.99%.

Reactions: ZYaj
While we are waiting ... the owner's manual is unclear on whether or not homelink comes with the car. Does anyone know if we must purchase the hardware and make an appointment just to get Garage Door openers for our luxury cars?
Homelink does not come with the car. You have to order the hardware and make a service appointment. They’ll come to you and install it.

Reactions: CyberPilot
Anyone thinking your order date has nothing to do with delivery date? Maybe Tesla just puts in a guesstimate for delivery date and then waits until they get a truckload of orders for your area and that's what determines your real delivery date. I'm seeing too many people who ordered in May have dates waaaayyyyyy earlier than people who ordered in March. Then again maybe it's the east coast to west coast model. It doesn't matter when you order it just matters where you live.

Anyone thinking your order date has nothing to do with delivery date? Maybe Tesla just puts in a guesstimate for delivery date and then waits until they get a truckload of orders for your area and that's what determines your real delivery date. I'm seeing too many people who ordered in May have dates waaaayyyyyy earlier than people who ordered in March. Then again maybe it's the east coast to west coast model. It doesn't matter when you order it just matters where you live.

I ordered last quarter, got assigned a VIN and ended up having to put my order on hold for life reasons. Took the hold off to be eligible this quarter.

Based on trolling this and other threads, last quarter, it was 100% along the East Coast to West Coast model - it seemed like everyone in Florida (for example) got theirs at the same time, regardless of order date, and then everyone in Seattle got theirs on the last day of the month.

We'll see when orders start getting fulfilled, but doesn't seem like the east to west model is holding this quarter (I'm on the west coast). Perhaps due to the ramp of the Shanghai factory

Reactions: J_Nixon
and now it's back to Jun 7-27. Curious how the algorithm works.
I have hacked into Tesla's order tracking system and found the code that determines the delivery window:

DELIVERY_WINDOW_START_DATE = MOON_PHASE+RANDOM(TEMPERATURE_IN_TIMBUKTU)
DELIVERY_WINDOW_END_DATE = MUSK_SLEEP_HOURS*RANDOM(RANDOM(RANDOM(RANDOM(BABIES_BORN_TODAY))))+4

I checked that against the delivery window shown for my M3LR and it looks like that works!