Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a reply from my SA. I emailed him 2 days ago and got an auto reply saying he's out of office until today. Seems that I got a better luck with my SA compared to others who have virtually non-existent SAs. Unfortunately, he has no update on delivery or VIN or build date. He said he's not expecting to know much for another month. So it looks like my delivery window of June 8-28 is fairly accurate. Probably looking at mid to late June which makes me sad and more excited!

Jinxed myself when I said it might be July.
Yeah, no kidding. I’m starting to think the same thing. Just heard the S and X refresh got pushed back again. I ordered the first day of the quarter and all I’ve seen for the past three days is “9 - 13 weeks from order placed date.” This does not give me a good feeling at all and it makes me feel like I’m back to the starting point with this waiting game. They are not even giving me estimated dates. I know I’m putting way too much mental stock in these estimated delivery times — they are literally the only thing I have to go on and I can’t help it. I wish they would stop playing these games with my heart 😞

I have been following the Y delivery threads and people are spotting lots filled with Y's, but claiming they can't be delivered yet due to a software issue relating to government approval?

They state from their SA's it only affects the Y's, but curious if could also be effecting the 3's.

Just had mine switch to “8-12 weeks from order”. Previously was May 28- June 11. Is there any consensus as to whether this change means anything or is good/bad?

Order date: 4/08
Ottawa, Canada
Grey on black, LR AWD, 18” aero
It means Tesla can't really forecast production. Especially for Canada, since the volumes are small. Mine has had varying estimates, and on occasion has just sais "June". My Tesla Advisor was honest in saying it's probably mis to late June in reality.

The vast majority of Model 3s sold in Canada are SR+; there are far fewer LRs, and only a handful of Performance models. Another forum member estimated that there are about 3500 Model 3s sold in Canada in a quarter, and almost 3000 of those are SR+. It's hard for Tesla to forecast when the others will be ready, since they are such a small batch. I suspect my Performance is probably one of fewer than 100 coming to Canada this quarter. Put into perspective, that's less than an hour of production for Fremont, and is dependant on some Canada-specific components such as bilingual labels.

Just assume you'll get the car on June 28th, and you won't be disappointed :)

It means Tesla can't really forecast production. Especially for Canada, since the volumes are small. Mine has had varying estimates, and on occasion has just sais "June". My Tesla Advisor was honest in saying it's probably mis to late June in reality.

Just assume you'll get the car on June 28th, and you won't be disappointed :)
Thanks, makes sense. I am excited (or I wouldn’t be here) but no issues waiting. It’s more to deal with timing on selling my existing car.
I guess there is an illusion of accuracy when the delivery date range is so precise and gets tweaked often.