Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lame especially since the SA you spoke with said that most of use from the Carlsbad SC would have them between now and the end of May.
Los Angeles here. Mine has been on June 14-30 in the last 2 days. Now mine switched to "6 - 9 weeks from order placed date"

I'm gonna try not to check for a bit lol

Edit: Ordered on 5/3 - So my 6-9 weeks from order date, is 6/14-7/5. Not that far off from previous June 14-30 i guess

I’ve heard that too but from experience I can say that doesn’t seem to mean that for everyone. Mine had dates for awhile, then switch to 9-13 weeks for a couple of days, dates came back and have continued to bounce around, no vin.

Mine has gone 1-13 weeks about 4 times now. so ya.. not sure that is indicative of an pending VIN.

Yeah who knows if whatever issue is effecting the Y’s could be effecting the 3 too. Hopefully it means our cars are built but the issue is causing the delivery estimate to freak out.

So here's a theory: They have stopped fabricating Model 3's in the U.S. for the time being, perhaps due to a shortage of semiconductors or other critical component. Or maybe they've shifted focus to production of the Model S. If you look at the tracking sheet for Model 3s below, you can see that the VINs were being given pretty consistently since February, indicating that production was marching along just fine. However, in late April the VINs ground to a halt for cars to be delivered in the U.S. (One exception May 10, but otherwise not much since about April 26.) On the spreadsheet you can see this easily by taking "Filter Views -> VIN Date Desc" from the Data menu.

It's interesting that almost no VINs came in January this year. Anyhow, hopefully we all see activity ramp up again soon!