Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else see this article?
Makes a lot of sense. Service center in Kitchener, ON, Canada has a ton of new model 3s and Ys sitting in their lots (these lots were almost empty just a month ago). However, when I look at the Model 3 ordering track sheet, there are very few orders there originating from areas near Kitchener. Even if we assume only 50% of orders actually input their info on the tracking sheet, there are enough model 3's on that lot to cover all Q2 orders from this region. I suspect they are waiting for parts but the lot is close to full, maybe 5-10 spots left open (and some of those could be out for test drives).

Makes a lot of sense. Service center in Kitchener, ON, Canada has a ton of new model 3s and Ys sitting in their lots (these lots were almost empty just a month ago). However, when I look at the Model 3 ordering track sheet, there are very few orders there originating from areas near Kitchener. Even if we assume only 50% of orders actually input their info on the tracking sheet, there are enough model 3's on that lot to cover all Q2 orders from this region. I suspect they are waiting for parts but the lot is close to full, maybe 5-10 spots left open (and some of those could be out for test drives).
Hmm see a blue LRAWD there with my name on it? :D

Hmm see a blue LRAWD there with my name on it? :D
They definitely have one on the lot because I was comparing it with the grey to figure out whether I should change my color (blue looks really sharp but I stuck with my MSM, my boss drives a blue and we park pretty close lol). I'm not sure if it was a "new" one though because it was parked very close to the entrance. Usually they only do that with service or test drive cars.

I ordered and received mud flaps and the tray separator. I'll order floor mats and homelink once I get closer to delivery.
Similar. I ordered NEMA 14-30 adapter, extra mobile connector to keep in the garage, console trays (should really be included, Tesla...), and mudflaps. Homelink (again, should be included in a 50K+ car...) and mats I'll order closer to delivery -which is more like June at this point.

What accessories did you guys buy while waiting? So far i only bought the wall connector. Might order floor mats soon.

-The crowd sourced aero black wheel covers
-Matte screen protector
-Custom Tesla license plate holder
-Branded caps for the air valves in each tire
-Tesla wheel conversion kit for the alloy rims under the hubs
-A 6-50 adapter for my garage
-New garage flooring so there's no more dust (that one was Tesla inspired haha).

Going to buy some floor mats next.

Once the car comes in I will be doing full frontal PPF and ceramic coating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaredspink
What accessories did you guys buy while waiting? So far i only bought the wall connector. Might order floor mats soon.
Nema 14-50 adapter and installed the outlet to my breaker in the garage, black logo covers to match the door handles, wheel caps for the alloys under the aero panels, and a screen protector. Planning to get front PPF, pedals, and puddle light replacements sometime after delivery.

Similar. I ordered NEMA 14-30 adapter, extra mobile connector to keep in the garage, console trays (should really be included, Tesla...), and mudflaps. Homelink (again, should be included in a 50K+ car...) and mats I'll order closer to delivery -which is more like June at this point.
I ended up ordering this instead of homelink for the car. One, it's cheaper, but it also does a lot more with my crummy garage door opener. I really like this, works well. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QCTN71J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: CyberPilot
what's your guy's take on this, sorta concerning and my thoughts exactly with some of you ppl that ordered in march and still haven't received anything yet:

Yikes... guess that explains the delivery dates jumping around like Bugs Bunny. I haven't had a car since mid-April... the few Ford dealers that have Mach-Es on hand are getting more and more tempting...

Reactions: ayyitsjames
There aren't a lot of data points from Canada in the spreadsheet but looking at Q1 data, it looks like the Canadian cars all get shipped together. The BC delivery/VIN dates are about the same as the ON/QC ones. There are a few SR+ delivered almost right away and the P is the latest. So my gut feeling is that all Canadian cars are shipped together and probably built in "SR batche", "LR micro batchelette" and "the one P". I assume the SR+ are not built to order (like the EU models) but the LR and P are (unlike the EU models I think all EU models are not build to order except those who missed the quarter they were ordered from. i.e. if you order Q1 a config that was not built - or there were more orders for that config than units built - yours will be built next quarter). There isn't enough volume in Canada to guess the LRs and Ps that will be ordered and since they have build differences from the US models, they can't just be part of the US batches. The later they wait to build those, the more "to order" they are. And they probably "canadianize" all the quarter cars at once SR, LR and P combined. Hence, Canada always get their cars delivered in the 2-3 last weeks of the quarter and maybe creeping over the first week of the next.
If it's of any interest, I stopped by the new Ottawa (Canada) location today. They had about 20 model 3s in the back lot waiting to be prepped (almost all SR+, a couple LR, no P) as well as 30-ish Ys. Some has a QR case sticker in the windshield saying "New Process" with the VIN and build date. Build dates for the 3s were all April 28th and April 29th for the Ys). So certainly looks like batches for sure.

Not particularly relevant for me, since I ordered "the one P", lol. They should have it slotted somewhere in the production schedule, considering I ordered it at the end of Q1.

Reactions: travis3000
I'm back to 8-12 weeks after order date. It was just recently 6/19 - 6/30. This sucks..

Maybe it's punishment since my last tesla I ordered back on March 10th and got it 2 weeks later on the 24th lol. Then totaled it on April 8th and reordered this one on April 11th. I'm expecting mid June personally.