Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the vehicle will be like my order from the Tesla Shop. I ordered a NEMA 14-50 adapter and it never did say it was shipped, still right now it says no tracking #, however it just showed up on my doorstep yesterday
When did you order your adapter? I ordered one and the tracking number says not available. That was 10 days ago. I even emailed their contact email address to get status and have had no response.

Actual conversation today:

"I heard you bought a tesla?"
"Yep"
"That's so cool, what a cool car! I love Teslas! I've always wanted an EV and Teslas look so cool! Does it do x,y and z?"
"I think so, I mean, it should"
"...what do you mean, It should?"
"Well, I haven't gotten it yet"
"ohhhh I thought you already bought it"
"I did, it hasn’t been delivered yet"
"oh, did you buy it this weekend? I thought you had it for like, a few months?"
"yeah, I placed my order back at the beginning of March."
"omg, you haven't gotten it yet? that's like two and half months?"
"75 days to be exact"
"oh wow. So... when DO you get it?"
"I'm not sure"
"wait, do you mean you're "not sure'"
"yeah, they can't tell me when it'll be delivered."
"surely there's like an amazon type tracker or something"
"
Well, there is an estimator for delivery, but it changes twice a day and sometimes it stops working completely, so no one uses it, not even the sales reps"
"wow, are the factories not working because of the covid parts shortage?"

"No, they are in production, and they are delivering them; maybe not with all the parts..."
"what do you mean "not with all the parts""
"well, they stopped putting radars in them, and some folks are reporting that some of the premium seats are downgraded"

*exacerbated look* "Ok, so you bought a $60,000 car over two months ago, [almost 11 weeks] -right 11 weeks, -You still don't have it, and you don't know when you WILL get it? And it'll MAYBE have fewer parts then when you ordered it?"
"Oh, it'll definitely have fewer parts, they made a statement that there will be no radar. I'm just not sure about which other features they'll drop.
"HOW do you not know what the features are?"
"yeah, they don't tell us when they remove features until after the fact, and enough people tweet about it. Then maybe Elon will tweet a statement or something.”
“but you’ll get a refund the fewer features right?
“ahh, no. actually they increased the price. –by $2k since I placed my order”
"What. The. Hell. --Will you get it by the end of the quarter?"
"That would be nice, I actually talked to a sales associate today, he's not sure if I’ll get it this month or next month. He doesn't know"
"HOW do they not know? Isn’t Elon the same guy who launched his tesla to the orbit of Mars?”
“yeah the Falcon Heavy." *Now I'm staring off into the distance* "-He delivers to Mars, just not eastern Washington apparently.”
This sounds ridiculous. Is everyone who ordered one waiting this long?
*big sigh* "...no. no they're not. some folks are getting their cars within a few weeks of ordering them..."
"..."
"..."
"..."

At this point I’m pouring 3 fingers of scotch with what was described as an expression of morose defeat.
1623701839361.png

Last edited:
Hello all! Just wanted to give an update on how my down payment process went

Went to Tesla to provide my downpayment via cashiers check.

All went smooth albeit, they were thrown off after I gave the check when I asked them "when will I see this reflect in my account"

They went to check and saw I made a bigger payment than what was required (that was on purpose. They knew, but were still surprised. Guess they forgot within 5 minutes?)

Anyways, once I spoke with the finance team about the higher payment than what was required they were able to fix it in the system.

Just wanting to let you all know incase anyone else plans to do a bigger down payment than whats required! Be sure to explicitly mention to them you're doing more than whats required! Its not a huge issue, but it was a small hiccup!

Actual conversation today:

"I heard you bought a tesla?"
"Yep"
"That's so cool, what a cool car! I love Teslas! I've always wanted an EV and Teslas look so cool! Does it do x,y and z?"
"I think so, I mean, it should"
"...what do you mean, It should?"
"Well, I haven't gotten it yet"
"ohhhh I thought you already bought it"
"I did, it hasn’t been delivered yet"
"oh, did you buy it this weekend? I thought you had it for like, a few months?"
"yeah, I placed my order back at the beginning of March."
"omg, you haven't gotten it yet? that's like two and half months?"
"75 days to be exact"
"oh wow. So... when DO you get it?"
"I'm not sure"
"wait, do you mean you're "not sure'"
"yeah, they can't tell me when it'll be delivered."
"surly there's like an amazon type tracker or something"
"
Well, there is an estimator for delivery, but it changes twice a day and sometimes it stops working completely, so no one uses it, not even the sales reps"
"wow, are the factories not working because of the covid parts shortage?"

"No, they are in production, and they are delivering them; maybe not with all the parts..."
"what do you mean "not with all the parts""
"well, they stopped putting radars in them, and some folks are reporting that some of the premium seats are downgraded"

*exacerbated look* "Ok, so you bought a $60,000 car over two months ago, [almost 11 weeks] -right 11 weeks, -You still don't have it, and you don't know when you WILL get it? And it'll MAYBE have fewer parts then when you ordered it?"
"Oh, it'll definitely have fewer parts, they made a statement that there will be no radar. I'm just not sure about which other features they'll drop.
"HOW do you not know what the features are?"
"yeah, they don't tell us when they remove features until after the fact, and enough people tweet about it. Then maybe Elon will tweet a statement or something.”
“but you’ll get a refund the fewer features right?
“ahh, no. actually they increased the price. –by $2k since I placed my order”
"What. The. Hell. --Will you get it by the end of the quarter?"
"That would be nice, I actually talked to a sales associate today, he's not sure if I’ll get it this month or next month. He doesn't know"
"HOW do they not know? Isn’t Elon the same guy who launched his tesla to the orbit of Mars?”
“yeah the Falcon Heavy." *Now I'm staring off into the distance* "-He delivers to Mars, just not eastern Washington apparently.”
This sounds ridiculous. Is everyone who ordered one waiting this long?
*big sigh* "...no. no they're not. some folks are getting their cars within a few weeks of ordering them..."
"..."
"..."
"..."

At this point I’m pouring 3 fingers of scotch with what I assume is an expression of morose defeat.
View attachment 673360
It just means we need to set Mars as our delivery location, so that we can get it within a couple of weeks.

i ordered a 14-30 adapter and mine got here in 5 days. It came from Lanthrop, the tracking sucked to be honest. It showed that it's in Lanthrop for 4 days and then the day it was out for delivery it showed my city lol
Yeah I actually had another part say delivery for Sunday, then FedEx said it was moved to Monday delivery, but then without update it was delivery Sunday lol. The 14-50 adapter is probably the most important thing I ordered (outside of the car itself lol) so I am hoping it shows up soon.