Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That blows... It almost makes me dread seeing mine on delivery day. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Took my delivery on saturday.

The good - The car is here and it drives perfect.

The Bad - Pretty much everything else
1) big scratch near the tesla logo on the front ..they tried to buff the top but it didn't go away.. set up a service appointment.. I kept telling them that it was under the clear coat.. but they tried anyways.
2) Front Passenger door alignment off where the whole edge of the door was inset by about 3/4 of an inch right behind the mirror.. It wasn't a gap.. it just looked like the door had sunken in..
3) inside driver panel on top of the seat yellow sticky substance and an oil stain - yellow sticky stuff came out but the stain is still there.
4) driver door inside plastic all scuffed
5) the plastic around the driver door not flush causing the door to close hard.
6) rear passenger door opening handle is set in deeper than the rest of the ones..

View attachment 673311
View attachment 673312
Man, I may have held on and actually refuse delivery. Are there options for people to go back on the waiting list?

Reactions: ytfsic
Welp, I have an order window from June 18-June 30, but I'm going out of town from the 15th to the 25th. I've just been informed by my rep that if the car comes in while I'm gone and I don't take delivery within 3 days, I lose the car... No one mentioned this when I ordered the car, which kind of sucks. If I have to order a new one the window is back to Aug/Sept.

On the bright side if I have to order again I might just upgrade to the Performance :)

Man my SA is a joke. Response, was “I don’t have any updated information”. No acknowledgement of my dates changing all the time when I mentioned it, or that I don’t even have dates at the moment, just 7-10 weeks. After 2 1/2 months of dates changing, it’s to be expected, but the lack of customer service from Tesla’s SA’s blows my mind. I get it you don’t have info, but you can still deliver customer service even with bad news or no info.

ok rant over……for now.
I expect the SAs have no idea until the car is actually at the service center.

Reactions: ytfsic
Welp, I have an order window from June 18-June 30, but I'm going out of town from the 15th to the 25th. I've just been informed by my rep that if the car comes in while I'm gone and I don't take delivery within 3 days, I lose the car... No one mentioned this when I ordered the car, which kind of sucks. If I have to order a new one the window is back to Aug/Sept.

On the bright side if I have to order again I might just upgrade to the Performance :)
Thanks for the info. Mine is from the 16th to the 30th in Carlsbad. I'll hold off on any trips.

Have any of you gotten quotes for window tinting? I got one for ceramic tint on the sides and regular tint on back window and roof and they said $950. That’s too much in my opinion, any experience with this? I’m in central California
I've got eight quotes here in Raleigh, NC and the range has been $399 to $650 for Xpel Prime XR Plus tint.

Reactions: TheEmanuel