Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s lost on me as well lol.
I joined right in the middle of it and somehow cobbled together that Andrew is responsible for the EDDs moving and for VINs coming and going. Someone said that he’s a genetically modified squirrel that is pulling the levers behind the scenes at Elon’s bidding. Of course, I could have just made all that up, but it’s kind of what I put together based on what I saw over the last month…

I joined right in the middle of it and somehow cobbled together that Andrew is responsible for the EDDs moving and for VINs coming and going. Someone said that he’s a genetically modified squirrel that is pulling the levers behind the scenes at Elon’s bidding. Of course, I could have just made all that up, but it’s kind of what I put together based on what I saw over the last month…
I'm glad that Andrew is still around.

Reactions: Ace777 and ytfsic
Oh what! Congrats! I still haven't received my second VIN after it disappeared :(
Call your delivery center. When I called after my VIN was pulled by the factory they said they would do everything they could to secure me a new VIN. And they did the next day. Squeaky wheel technique maybe worked for me. When I arrived at the delivery center today I was the only customer there. There were 6 or so SAs eager to help me. After the end of the quarter madness it looks like it just dies down. The car was perfectly washed and I didn’t see any glaring issues. Maybe the driver side rear door handle was a little recessed but hard to notice. All in all it worked out. The car is dreamy!

Took off the aero caps right away. My friend asked me how much extra did those custom rims cost?

Attachments

• B948A7F8-97E0-46A0-A849-0D8AD08BB5CA.jpeg
    B948A7F8-97E0-46A0-A849-0D8AD08BB5CA.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 96
Call your delivery center. When I called after my VIN was pulled by the factory they said they would do everything they could to secure me a new VIN. And they did the next day. Squeaky wheel technique maybe worked for me. When I arrived at the delivery center today I was the only customer there. There were 6 or so SAs eager to help me. After the end of the quarter madness it looks like it just dies down. The car was perfectly washed and I didn’t see any glaring issues. Maybe the driver side rear door handle was a little recessed but hard to notice. All in all it worked out. The car is dreamy!
Dang, I should've done that earlier! Did you just ask what happened to your VIN? I've also forgotten which DC i chose (had two choose from), do you know if that information is available on the account page? Thanks for the information btw!

Reactions: stEVe91941
Dang, I should've done that earlier! Did you just ask what happened to your VIN? I've also forgotten which DC i chose (had two choose from), do you know if that information is available on the account page? Thanks for the information btw!
I did ask and the only answer was the factory clawed it back since it couldn’t be delivered to me on 6/30. I suspect they made it available to someone in Fremont. I’m sure if you call any Tesla Service/Delivery Center they can help you. When I called they just ask you for your phone number so they can look up your order. Good luck!

It’s lost on me as well lol.
I am a Q2 person just hanging around to help those that are about to go through the same roller coaster I went through. As far as Andrew the Squirrel all I know is I resisted changing my profile pic as a tribute to the squirrel. I was about to give up and decided to change my profile pic to this as a last ditch effort:
profilepic2.png

Literally a few hours later after I changed my profile pic I got a VIN! It was probably coincidence but after that I was determined to leave my profile pic that way until I took delivery of the car. I seriously hope that none of you have to go through what I went through (and it was not as bad for me as some people that ordered a month before me). Joking around, and humor definitely kept me sane though and I believe it helped others get through the wait.

By the way it is DEFINITELY worth all the wait and pain you will go through once you get the car.

I am a Q2 person just hanging around to help those that are about to go through the same roller coaster I went through. As far as Andrew the Squirrel all I know is I resisted changing my profile pic as a tribute to the squirrel. I was about to give up and decided to change my profile pic to this as a last ditch effort:
View attachment 680945
Literally a few hours later after I changed my profile pic I got a VIN! It was probably coincidence but after that I was determined to leave my profile pic that way until I took delivery of the car. I seriously hope that none of you have to go through what I went through (and it was not as bad for me as some people that ordered a month before me). Joking around, and humor definitely kept me sane though and I believe it helped others get through the wait.

By the way it is DEFINITELY worth all the wait and pain you will go through once you get the car.
Image saved… I just can’t update my profile pic yet? I ordered a white car with black areo wheels so that image would work for me. You ok with me using it whenever I can put in a photo?

Nonsense.
Ordered a vanilla M3 on 4/1, delivery on 5/4.
East Coast gets theirs before West Coast. That's an option as well: move to somewhere where logistical efficiency forces Tesla to load up trucks of cars, some of which were ordered early and some late. If you think it's nonsense, feel free to give Tesla a call and ask them if it's true. I did and I shared the answer I got in case it's helpful.

East Coast gets theirs before West Coast. That's an option as well: move to somewhere where logistical efficiency forces Tesla to load up trucks of cars, some of which were ordered early and some late. If you think it's nonsense, feel free to give Tesla a call and ask them if it's true. I did and I shared the answer I got in case it's helpful.
There are no higher-ups you can talk to, only Sales Associates and they are guessing and stroking you. If you want to believe it, then go ahead.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Learn to ignore the EDD when it displays the same range as a new order, presently 7-11 weeks.

The system does try to approximate when your car enters production. However, during the overnight updates, if for whatever reason the method call doesn’t return a value, then it will default to showing the current delivery estimate. This is a placeholder due to no return value and doesn’t mean anything. The next time the system update returns a date range for your estimated production run, the EDD will update.

Learn to ignore the EDD when it displays the same range as a new order, presently 7-11 weeks.

The system does try to approximate when your car enters production. However, during the overnight updates, if for whatever reason the method call doesn’t return a value, then it will default to showing the current delivery estimate. This is a placeholder due to no return value and doesn’t mean anything. The next time the system update returns a date range for your estimated production run, the EDD will update.
Thanks genius. I just got 7 to 11 weeks just now. You are most helpful. Hoping for a move to the left as my SA will extend my trade in valuation for another month which would be August 12. Fingers crossed for delivery around that date.

Got the same Edd update this morning. Changed my profile pic anyway.

Reactions: Jcavs88 and ytfsic
I realized late in the game that my DC was super busy and they would hardly ever answer the phone. I found another, newer one, that wasn’t nearly as busy and they answered each and every time I called. They were super friendly and helpful and have access to the same notes everybody else has.

Fear not. You are not alone. I have been stuck at 7-11 since the 25th...

DateEDD
2021-05-293-11 weeks
2021-05-31JUN 17-30
2021-06-03JUN 20-30
2021-06-08JUL 16 - AUG 5
2021-06-09JUN 22 - 30
2021-06-10JUL 16 - AUG 5
2021-06-17JUL 12 - AUG 1
2021-06-189-13 weeks
2021-06-198-12 weeks
2021-06-237-11 weeks
2021-06-24JUL 1 - JUL 15