Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
👨‍🎓day for me! My M3 was just delivered in my driveway and I’m 200 miles away drooling all over my CCTV footage of it sitting there waiting to be driven!!! I thought the last month since I ordered was the longest month in my life… I think the next 24 hours is going to be worse!

Also - for those who have accepted delivery - I haven’t accepted on the order page yet, but it looks like I have some limited functionality on my Tesla app. Wondering if it would set the 24° countdown clock if I were to turn on Sentry mode until I get home? It’ll usually be parked in the garage and I just can’t help but think I’ll probably have some nosy neighbors until I get home!

I just ordered a bunch yesterday, I was trying to wait until I had the car but I am to excited. Ordered the car on 6/21, still got a lot more waiting to do
What’s everybody’s favorite accessory they are excited for before even having the car? I picked up a few things… performance brake/accelerator pedals, center console tray, puddle lights that project the Tesla logo on the ground, and sunroof shades… anybody have something they can’t wait to put into their car they don’t have yet? With mine sitting in my driveway, I’m trying to decide what I’m going to do first!

Reactions: stEVe91941
What’s everybody’s favorite accessory they are excited for before even having the car? I picked up a few things… performance brake/accelerator pedals, center console tray, puddle lights that project the Tesla logo on the ground, and sunroof shades… anybody have something they can’t wait to put into their car they don’t have yet? With mine sitting in my driveway, I’m trying to decide what I’m going to do first!
Right now trying to hide my black wing in plane site in my garage in a long box

👨‍🎓day for me! My M3 was just delivered in my driveway and I’m 200 miles away drooling all over my CCTV footage of it sitting there waiting to be driven!!! I thought the last month since I ordered was the longest month in my life… I think the next 24 hours is going to be worse!

Also - for those who have accepted delivery - I haven’t accepted on the order page yet, but it looks like I have some limited functionality on my Tesla app. Wondering if it would set the 24° countdown clock if I were to turn on Sentry mode until I get home? It’ll usually be parked in the garage and I just can’t help but think I’ll probably have some nosy neighbors until I get home!
Glad it’s at least in your driveway!

Reactions: greymatter73
The best accessory I bought was the wheel cap kit that you use on the beautiful alloy wheels after you remove the aero caps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQHL576/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Reactions: greymatter73
Post graduation update:
After the SNAFU of having the factory pull back my VIN on the night before my delivery appointment (see my posts from 6/30) I have to say that everything really worked out great.
I got a text from the Delivery Center yesterday, 7/2, around 10:00 AM saying that my car had arrived and to call to set up a pickup. I did and picked the earliest time of 12:30. When I arrived everyone there was so accommodating.
I had total access to the inside of the car to be able to inspect it before I accepted it. They even had the radio playing classical music and the A/C on!
I probably spent 45 minutes or so looking it over. I then took the paperwork inside to sign and then drove off. I decided to not get on the freeway right away as I wanted to get a feel of the car first. I had to pull over a few times to readjust the mirrors and get the car to stream music from my iPhone. By the time I was ready to hop on the freeway the cameras had finished calibrating so I was able to use the Auto Pilot.
I have been a BMW owner for my last 6 cars and I will say that the feel of the car is very similar. The paint is flawless and, dare I say, better and smoother than any car I have ever had.
So after 91 miles on the car my advice to those of you waiting is that the wait is definitely worth it! Hang in there!

Attachments

• 1DCC5676-3E5F-4601-B069-A607B629AE0C.jpeg
    1DCC5676-3E5F-4601-B069-A607B629AE0C.jpeg
    787.8 KB · Views: 82
Wait, it doesn't come with lug nut caps and center caps from the factory? So if you remove the aero hub caps it's just a hole in the center with bare lug nuts?
Yep. Fortunately you can buy them on Amazon for right around $20 out the door. Tesla also sells the one-piece hub cap kit for $60. As my wife has said a few times… “so you buy a $60k car so you can get nickel and dimed for accessories that should have been included?” Yep!

"Post graduation update" from stEVe91941seems appropriate. Here's mine...

Recap: order date 4/24, delivery on 6/30. I went through the entire checklist and thankfully, I only found one issue with the gap. Back windshield on the driver's side has a small gap, the gasket (or whatever they call it) abruptly stopped in the middle. Wondering if that is "by design" or if I should be contacting Tesla about that. Other than that, the car drives great. Got rid of the aero covers and installed a cap kit. I think it looks better that way.

As for the class of Q3, as many others already mentioned, hang in there. Just assume that you will get your car on the last day of Q3, and maybe Tesla will surprise you :). Who knows?!

Attachments

• PXL_20210701_023058668.jpg
    PXL_20210701_023058668.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20210701_023556844.jpg
    PXL_20210701_023556844.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20210703_225112658.jpg
    PXL_20210703_225112658.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 58