Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any creative ideas on how i can share that 10-30 outlet with my dryer? The garage is on the other side of the wall on the left and my tesla will be parked on that side of the garage too. Running an outlet from the breaker is going to run atleast 1500-2000 since my panel is on the other side of the house, and is pretty much full as there is one blank/slot left for the size of a 120v breaker. Maybe it'll be cheaper to just share this existing outlet (not at the same time of course)?

View attachment 682668
I had the same idea until I can get a 14-50 installed. They make 10-30 splitters (assuming that's what your dryer plug is), but I hadn't yet researched if they can tolerate the constant load of EV charging. Likely I'll just end up unplugging the dryer when it doesn't need to be used.

I had the same idea until I can get a 14-50 installed. They make 10-30 splitters (assuming that's what your dryer plug is), but I hadn't yet researched if they can tolerate the constant load of EV charging. But likely I'll just end up unplugging the dryer when it doesn't need to be used.
Yeah the Dryer Buddy exists for sharing the outlet, but I'm not quite sure what the proper way to get the 2nd output of the dryer buddy to the garage would be.

Does anyone have any creative ideas on how i can share that 10-30 outlet with my dryer? The garage is on the other side of the wall on the left and my tesla will be parked on that side of the garage too. Running an outlet from the breaker is going to run atleast 1500-2000 since my panel is on the other side of the house, and is pretty much full as there is one blank/slot left for the size of a 120v breaker. Maybe it'll be cheaper to just share this existing outlet (not at the same time of course)?
Can’t tell you what to do, but this sounds like a terrible idea for several reasons, and something that I personally would not do, but there are devices on the market like SplitVolt. If the run is short enough then you can basically make a semi-permanent DIY install. If it were my house, I’d like to make it really clean, but that would require a few 10-30 outlets to do. I would use the SplitVolt and install a 10-30 receptacle on the wall leading to the garage. In the garage, I would cut the drywall and install another 10-30 outline that’s wired to the outlet in the laundry room.

A quicker way to accomplish the take but not as clean, would be to use conduit to carry a short run, no more than 15 feet, of ROMEX through the adjoining wall to plug into the laundry room.

@jrmt23

Last edited:
Reactions: jrmt23
So I just called my local delivery center and they were pretty helpful. I was on a July 16-August 1 date until I switched to the dreaded 7-11 weeks 2 days ago. The rep said that in his system I'm still on pace for July 16-August 1. He said there are models currently in production that are eligible for assignment to me. I presume that means they are planning to produce enough of my config that I can get one from a current production run. He said you don't really know anything until it's out of production.

So maybe our former delivery estimate is still good. Hoping that's the case!

So I just called my local delivery center and they were pretty helpful. I was on a July 16-August 1 date until I switched to the dreaded 7-11 weeks 2 days ago. The rep said that in his system I'm still on pace for July 16-August 1. He said there are models currently in production that are eligible for assignment to me. I presume that means they are planning to produce enough of my config that I can get one from a current production run. He said you don't really know anything until it's out of production.

Hopefully! Also picking up in IL and had a July 18th - Aug 04 EDD before the 7-11.

When did you order?

My initial SA email went into my Junk folder. Might try checking there, usually they reach out a few days after the order.
Was this a generic, machine generated email or was this from an actual human being? I've gotten confirmations after my order that were clearly machine generated but have never received an email/text/call from a person.
quarter end... june 30 is magic!
It could have been magic, I suppose, but sounds like it wasn't as magical as it should have been :(

Was this a generic, machine generated email or was this from an actual human being? I've gotten confirmations after my order that were clearly machine generated but have never received an email/text/call from a person.

It could have been magic, I suppose, but sounds like it wasn't as magical as it should have been :(
Yeah it was my fault for delaying it, I think they probably would have gotten it to me by the end of June, but I guess we don't really know

How do you reach a delivery center. Anytime I’ve tried it just routes me to the corporate customer service number.

Yes, long been done. Only thing not completed is the proof of insurance and I need a VIN to do that. I've added WiFi and Telsa wall charger to my garage long ago - just sitting there mocking me each time I walk through the garage.
I was able to show proof of insurance by scan my current card to my SA here in Se PA. I would try to do that if you can. I don’t have my VIN and it is showing as complete for me.

I was able to show proof of insurance by scan my current card to my SA here in Se PA. I would try to do that if you can. I don’t have my VIN and it is showing as complete for me.
I was under the impression that the insurance section could be left blank while waiting for a VIN?

Texas i think is one of the delivery states that requires the VIN on the proof of insurance card uploaded.

I was under the impression that the insurance section could be left blank while waiting for a VIN?

Texas i think is one of the delivery states that requires the VIN on the proof of insurance card uploaded.
Not sure. PA was a state where it said VIN was needed. I was prepared to wait and SA text me and asked me to scan him my current insurance card. After I did it showed insurance set and that I don’t have anything left but to pay.

Reactions: jrmt23