Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's my experience, I'm in Chicago.
Black / Black Interior
17in wheels and no free 10k for elon

Ordered around Jan 7th-9 :
-Initial Aprox. Delivery date went to Late March

Late Jan:
-Delivery date changed to Feb. 13-27th
two days of constant adjustment to aprox. delivery between Feb / March

Jan 10th:
-VIN/Payment event

Jan 12:
-Pick up appointment scheduled for Feb 24th but I could've picked it up as soon as the 21st.

Reactions: ElectricGoBoi
I just made my payment and scheduled pick up for 3/2 in KC. Earliest I had available was 3/1, but my wife can't do it on Mondays. I never talked to an actual person through this entire process. Aside from the actual waiting, this has been a pretty easy purchase. And of course Tesla announced they will start taking bitcoin after I started my order.

Reactions: Mark57
Yeah, they know more info that they tell you but I understand why they don't. We pick up our second M3 LR AWD next weekend (20th) for my wife. I got mine Dec 17th. I never had an SA on mine and my delivery date estimate never ever changed, but last quarter was a real frenzy of orders for Tesla with the model refresh. This quarter has been VERY different and much more accelerated on my wife's car. She was not assigned an SA but I had a question and called direct and got an answer from a guy that didn't seem to care. When I called back for a second question the different person took ownership of us, answered the question and more plus sent us his contact info and asked us to call or text him direct in the future. He is in the Plano, TX office and has been a massive breath of fresh air.

Note we also got a call from "Alonzo" in Freemont, CA just to tell us the car was shipped and was arriving at he delivery center on time and our appointment should be accurate.

Like I said, very different this time around.
Will you be adding an additional charger in your garage or sharing the one?

My order for a red/white Model 3 was ordered on 2/1 with an initial estimate of 3/6-3/31. It was then moved up to 2/20-3/8 and bounced around those dates for about a week and now I just woke up and its back to 3/6-/31. Not the best thing to wake up to.

i ordered mine on 1/6 (midnight silver/ black and white interior) and I have almost the same dates and changes. Mine went back to 3/3-3/31 this morning.

i ordered mine on 1/6 (midnight silver/ black and white interior) and I have almost the same dates and changes. Mine went back to 3/3-3/31 this morning.
Ordered 1/21 white on white. My delivery date has been changing every day. Anyone else have this happen?

All normal, and I'm going to assume White interior VINS will really pickup this week with the movement we've seen over the last 3 days.

Ordered 1/21 white on white. My delivery date has been changing every day. Anyone else have this happen?

I'm also in the Seattle area, ordered white w/ black interior. I have loan approval completed and proof of insurance uploaded but my delivery date (3/9 - 3/31) has not changed since I placed my order.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
I always assumed you guys would be first on the delivery list.

Typically Tesla has more sales than production capability each quarter and they do everything they can to deliver every car produced each quarter. With that said, they typically start deliveries on the East Coast and work West throughout the quarter. They can roll a car off the assembly line and deliver it in California the same day, or within a day or two along the West Coast, where it might take a week or two to get one transported via train then truck in other areas further away.