Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my red LR is paid for, registration number received, and all confirmed for collection from Edinburgh on 20th November (just a week!). Super excited, I assume it must be one of the very first refresh M3's in the UK as the first ship arrives only a day or two before I collect.

Any questions you may have following my receipt, I will try to answer (I have a few myself!)

Hi there!
Hey so I am in Tulsa and ordered the same day you did (10/22/20). For some reason my text was 1 week off compared to yours. Doesn’t make much sense. I’ve been thinking on calling the SC to see if it’s possible to take delivery there instead of home in case I have Qs. It’s my first Tesla :D

Ordered 10/22/20
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, Sports Wheels, White on White, 6-10 week est

11/10/20
text: delivery update 3-6 weeks from today

Hi, I'm in OKC. I selected home delivery mostly because I was not given a different choice. At the new Tulsa SC, one of the employees hinted in October that they'd start delivering cars from the location in November. I've not been able to confirm that. I private messaged that employee, and emailed a contact I have in TX and neither has responded. So I don't know. If you can find out anything, I'd love to know.

Question, were you assigned an SA?

Hi, I'm in OKC. I selected home delivery mostly because I was not given a different choice. At the new Tulsa SC, one of the employees hinted in October that they'd start delivering cars from the location in November. I've not been able to confirm that. I private messaged that employee, and emailed a contact I have in TX and neither has responded. So I don't know. If you can find out anything, I'd love to know.

Question, were you assigned an SA?

I actually called for information a few day prior to ordering. The guy that picked up left me his phone and when I eventually ordered and everything on my side was completed he transferred me to a SA. But honestly communication hasn’t been great. I got this number from the Tulsa SC a week ago:

Tesla Gallery Support
510-249-3100

I will call the Tulsa SC today and ask about taking delivery there and get back to you.

I actually called for information a few day prior to ordering. The guy that picked up left me his phone and when I eventually ordered and everything on my side was completed he transferred me to a SA. But honestly communication hasn’t been great. I got this number from the Tulsa SC a week ago:

Tesla Gallery Support
510-249-3100

I will call the Tulsa SC today and ask about taking delivery there and get back to you.

That sort of confirms what I was thinking. Since we're in one of the several states that don't allow Tesla to sell here, I think we are not assigned SA's like the other states unless you contact them. Just a guess. If Tulsa is not delivering, then the vehicle will come out of Kansas City.

I look forward to hearing what answer they give you. Jose is the person in the gallery that I messaged that did not respond.

That sort of confirms what I was thinking. Since we're in one of the several states that don't allow Tesla to sell here, I think we are not assigned SA's like the other states unless you contact them. Just a guess. If Tulsa is not delivering, then the vehicle will come out of Kansas City.

I look forward to hearing what answer they give you. Jose is the person in the gallery that I messaged that did not respond.

Oh I’m getting it delivered at home. I told them KC was 4 hours away and the delivery address was quickly changed to home same day I ordered.

Ordered my TM3 on 9/27, delivery was set for 10/16 but chose to pass on it for a 2021. Website shows delivery range of 11/1 - 11/29. Received a text (as I posted earlier) on 11/10 stating delivery is 3 - 6 weeks out. My concern is the online order still shows the 2020 model.

Ordered my TM3 on 9/27, delivery was set for 10/16 but chose to pass on it for a 2021. Website shows delivery range of 11/1 - 11/29. Received a text (as I posted earlier) on 11/10 stating delivery is 3 - 6 weeks out. My concern is the online order still shows the 2020 model.

Mine still shows a 2020 as well (ordered in Sep then pushed back delivery.) My SA confirmed that it’s not an issue and I’m in line to receive a 2021.

There are only a handful of new 2020s left so if they were going to match you with one again, they would have already.

ordered 10/10 and was immediately assigned a 2020 leftover - called to get reassigned and havent heard a peep (text nor email)

estimated delivery has been showing 11/13-12/11 entire time

just got off the phone and they checked out my reservation number

they told me to complete the entire application process then will get back to me - i purposely left that part blank (SS#, income info) as i was going to apply closer to a delivery date

will that push my delivery back even further?

So, my red LR is paid for, registration number received, and all confirmed for collection from Edinburgh on 20th November (just a week!). Super excited, I assume it must be one of the very first refresh M3's in the UK as the first ship arrives only a day or two before I collect.

Any questions you may have following my receipt, I will try to answer (I have a few myself!)

When did you place the order? I will be collecting my red LR AWD from the Edinburgh showroom too, but I don’t have a delivery date yet! I placed the order on the 2nd of Nov.

I went to the Tulsa SC today and was told they are still not allowed to sell but it may change in the next few weeks. They where kind of busy when I came in so I wasn’t able to go into detail on my delivery.

My account page hasn’t change since I ordered on 10/22/20. So no VIN yet, not even on source code.

ordered 10/10 and was immediately assigned a 2020 leftover - called to get reassigned and havent heard a peep (text nor email)

estimated delivery has been showing 11/13-12/11 entire time

just got off the phone and they checked out my reservation number

they told me to complete the entire application process then will get back to me - i purposely left that part blank (SS#, income info) as i was going to apply closer to a delivery date

will that push my delivery back even further?

My SA told me that they give preference to those that already have the financing and everything done. So I went ahead and completed mine 3 days after I ordered, on 10/23. It made sense to me that they’d prioritize that way.

That being said now I’m concerned if they keep dragging out if I’ll have to go through financing again, since I used Tesla for it (got 2.39% which was good enough for me). The SA said that their finance partners typically keep the financing valid for 60 days rather than 30. Here’s hoping it doesn’t take that long.

That being said now I’m concerned if they keep dragging out if I’ll have to go through financing again, since I used Tesla for it (got 2.39% which was good enough for me). The SA said that their finance partners typically keep the financing valid for 60 days rather than 30. Here’s hoping it doesn’t take that long.
My SA told me specifically to wait until Nov 1 to do it so we guarantee the 60 days doesn't run out and I have to reapply.

same boat fellas

if i got my financing out of the way on 10/10, i would really be pushing that 60 day window

btw i originally got a 2.49% from wells fargo - but a quick email and they were able to get me at 2.29% with chase (no joke, 5 mins after i sent the email)

i dont want them to keep doing hard pulls on my credit but i am curious what bofa would get me at (but at this point, we are talking a couple bucks a month)

maybe for another thread, but are you going with tesla insurance? i got quotes from about 5 companies today and Progressive was definitely the cheapest for the "2020" Model 3 (as you cant configure a 2021 model 3 on their price quote)

• Informative
Reactions: geekflyer
Ordered LR AWD 10/22, delivery showing mid to end of December. I’ve been going by the showroom every few days because I’m torn between the Midnight Silver and the White (ordered MS).

I found USAA to have the cheapest Insurance after getting quotes from everyone.

I went to the Tulsa SC today and was told they are still not allowed to sell but it may change in the next few weeks. They where kind of busy when I came in so I wasn’t able to go into detail on my delivery.

My account page hasn’t change since I ordered on 10/22/20. So no VIN yet, not even on source code.

Thanks for trying. Now we know.

I just check my account page for a VIN or other changes every day. I know it moves pretty fast once it shows up. I'm doing cash so they still have not requested that info yet either. After I added my insurance, it says I'm good to go until they ask for the payment info.