Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you see 2021 inventory online? I can only see 2020's.

I ordered 11/15, LR white/black with areos. My loan is up as of 12/23 and I wasnt trying to trdo it all so I went and found a white/white with aeros inventory thats being delivered 2 hours from me. Called my SA a few after seeing it, he matched it to me in seconds, emailed the vin, and Im picking it up on the 21st. If Im ever ordering again, Ill wait for the inventory now as its that simple. NEVER will I wait again except for the inventory to hit.

Reactions: mrg0114
I ordered 11/15, LR white/black with areos. My loan is up as of 12/23 and I wasnt trying to trdo it all so I went and found a white/white with aeros inventory thats being delivered 2 hours from me. Called my SA a few after seeing it, he matched it to me in seconds, emailed the vin, and Im picking it up on the 21st. If Im ever ordering again, Ill wait for the inventory now as its that simple. NEVER will I wait again except for the inventory to hit.

Congrats! Glad you've got matched!

Reactions: JaeTheDev

So, I tried out your trick, checked online and sure enough there were some cars that matched my build! I called my SA and he told me he didn't recommend doing that because he could see I'd be getting assigned a VIN by the end of the week. He could be blowing smoke up my ass but we'll see!

So, I tried out your trick, checked online and sure enough there were some cars that matched my build! I called my SA and he told me he didn't recommend doing that because he could see I'd be getting assigned a VIN by the end of the week. He could be blowing smoke up my ass but we'll see!
I tried that too like 15 minutes ago. I noticed that they have exactly same spec showing as existing inventory at nearby location. I called my SA promptly with the request to have this car assigned. I was told that the “inventory car” is being slotted for production whereas my order car is being currently manufactured. It should be available for delivery around 12/21-22. I could almost smell the new car for about 5 minutes ...

I tried that too like 15 minutes ago. I noticed that they have exactly same spec showing as existing inventory at nearby location. I called my SA promptly with the request to have this car assigned. I was told that the “inventory car” is being slotted for production whereas my order car is being currently manufactured. It should be available for delivery around 12/21-22. I could almost smell the new car for about 5 minutes ...

I guess that makes sense. Fingers crossed for you!

Spotted a white LR with roof rack this morning on the way to work, 605 north passing 10 freeway - Socal. Tried to be patient and not think about the wait time but got reminded today :(.

White/Black LR 18" Non-FSD
Order 11/8 Los Angeles
4-6 week Text 11/19
Est 12/20 - 12/31
No change, update, or call since order beside text, hoping for something soon...

Ordered 11/26, just asked Tesla last night for an update and here’s what I got. Southern California.

“We're still on track for delivery in the last 2 weeks of December we're anticipating a big release of VINS to be matched to RNs next week. Hang tight, you'll be receiving a text soon indicating you're matched to a VIN.”

Reactions: jawnly211
Ordered 11/26, just asked Tesla last night for an update and here’s what I got. Southern California.

“We're still on track for delivery in the last 2 weeks of December we're anticipating a big release of VINS to be matched to RNs next week. Hang tight, you'll be receiving a text soon indicating you're matched to a VIN.”

Any tighter and I’ll snap!!!! Haha! Hoping I can take my new LR up skiing on Christmas Day.

Called my SC today. My LR white on white is on a train in Wyoming. Is scheduled to touch down the 19th in Rhode Island but looks to be ahead of schedule. Hope it’s earlier than my delivery date of the 21st of course! I no where else to put all the accessories I have accumulated! Can’t wait to test out the “snapplate” the most!

Reactions: inspace2020