Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My white/black LR AWD will be ready to pick up on Monday. Ordered on 10/28 and got the VIN last weekend. I don't know who's more excited, me or my family. My wife and kids are beyond themselves but my siblings, friends and in-laws are just as bad. Everyone expects me to stop by on my way home to show it off and take them for a ride. Sure hope its charged when I get it :)

SA told me Southern California shipments coming in two weeks, and VIN will be assigned very close to delivery. He also told me to stop calling him (we've only had 3 conversations since I ordered in September...) :) In my defense, I only called a lot because he never picks up or responds to voice mail!

There are some 2021 showing up in inventory for socal. It's getting close, hopefully we see them in Vegas soon as well. Still waiting since Oct 6th. Only seeing the SR in Vegas right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-155024_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-155024_Chrome.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: JaeTheDev
SA told me Southern California shipments coming in two weeks, and VIN will be assigned very close to delivery. He also told me to stop calling him (we've only had 3 conversations since I ordered in September...) :) In my defense, I only called a lot because he never picks up or responds to voice mail!

hahahahaha

yea, i empathize with SA's during this entire process - something they have zero control over but are the only ones who are easily accessible

they basically are telling everyone "dont call us, we'll call you"

• Funny
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Took delivery for my MSM/Black w/ Aero and zero complaints. Spent some time looking for something to complain about and other than some tape residue i wiped off, it looks immaculate.

The entire contactless delivery method had a minor hiccup where I couldn't accept delivery, but the car was remotely unlocked via whoever I was texting and eventually it allowed me to take delivery and control the car under my account. The trade-in process and overly no-contact seemed to go well though, other than the fact that I felt I was stealing the dang thing!

Reactions: mrg0114
Congrats to my fellow Minnesotan!!!

I ordered on 10/22, got my VIN this past Tuesday and delivery (Saint Paul) is scheduled for 12/23. The darn thing needs to go through Chicago before getting to MN. Blue w/White. 19" wheels. FSD.

What's your config?

Where did you see 2021 inventory online?
I had to click on Model S to be able to see 'inventory', but once there, you just change to 'model 3'. I put Austin zip and there are 4 new 2021s, 3 of them LRs. My wife wants gray/white, and I wanted 19s, but they're freaking hideous, so will get her the 18s she wanted. With so many reports of defects, and having to pay in advance if you order, no way I'd do that, especially since there's no dealer where I live. We're going to Austin until Jan 14-20, so if they happen to have what my wife wants close to when we'll be going, I'd get it for her as a semi-surprise, so we can carefully scrutinize the car, and not close the deal unless we're satisfied. But that is if they give us a less than insulting trade offer. Last time I tried a few months ago they offered way less than anybody else; basically an insult, and I'm not the kind who gets insulted easily. Ha ha. But we have to trade, since we're 600 miles away. Why did they stop matching CarMax quotes? No new EV rebates anymore, and on top of that, they screw you with the trade? What the heck? If they don't improve the trade, we're probably going with a gas car for another cycle. We'll see.

Ordered 11/30. Blue/Black, Aero. No FSD.
No VIN. SA told me two days ago that they don’t have any info outside of my “December 20-31st” delivery range that I’m seeing on my end. But I can expect it’ll be here the last week of the month.
Same config here in Kansas City. Ordered on 11/13. Still no VIN. Called my SA and was told they have me shoddy matched and delivery 12/23 or 12/24. I'll believe it when I see the car

Same config here in Kansas City. Ordered on 11/13. Still no VIN. Called my SA and was told they have me shoddy matched and delivery 12/23 or 12/24. I'll believe it when I see the car

I read some of the earlier comments and saw a vehicle with the same Configuration as what I ordered on the “inventory” tab online. Was “located” about an hour and a half away from me but when I called to inquire, they told me it was basically a placeholder for their center and orders? Basically just that they don’t have it on site, but it could be ordered.

I read some of the earlier comments and saw a vehicle with the same Configuration as what I ordered on the “inventory” tab online. Was “located” about an hour and a half away from me but when I called to inquire, they told me it was basically a placeholder for their center and orders? Basically just that they don’t have it on site, but it could be ordered.

Yes, that’s correct. It’s a place holder but, for those who are looking to wait another month or so for a vin, then 2-3 weeks for delivery, why not grab one of them, get the vin as soon as you order, and get the car in 2 weeks? That’s what I did. I’ll be picking up between the 15th and 21st.

Yes, that’s correct. It’s a place holder but, for those who are looking to wait another month or so for a vin, then 2-3 weeks for delivery, why not grab one of them, get the vin as soon as you order, and get the car in 2 weeks? That’s what I did. I’ll be picking up between the 15th and 21st.
It was my understanding, based on his comments, that I wouldn’t benefit from it because it would fall in line as if it was ordered today?