Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orders a Midnight/White LR at the beginning of Feb in SoCal and I still got nothing. Figured now its march I would at least get a date range, even if it was for a 3 week window. The rep I dealt with in Palm Springs said my profile looked good and not to worry, but I worry anyway. Especially now that it is getting warm out and my current car's A/C gave out.

Orders a Midnight/White LR at the beginning of Feb in SoCal and I still got nothing. Figured now its march I would at least get a date range, even if it was for a 3 week window. The rep I dealt with in Palm Springs said my profile looked good and not to worry, but I worry anyway. Especially now that it is getting warm out and my current car's A/C gave out.
waiting sucks

I am 242 miles from the KC delivery center. My dates changed hourly until I scheduled my actual delivery date and time. My delay isn't Tesla's fault, the railroad in Chicago shut down for a week during the polar vortex which has created a huge back up at the railroad.
They are having trouble picking it up from the railroad now. I understand Texas getting shutdown for snow, but I thought Chicago would be equipped to handle snow and not shutdown all their deliveries.

That's fair, kind of hard to plan for a storm like that and I think you're right another day so that the car can be adequately cleaned and prepped will just make you happier in the long run.

Reactions: hemikat
Anyone else order a MSM M3 Long Range last week? Was told by my Tesla rep here in Seattle there is a chance I could get my VIN this week. I am skeptical though.

I ordered a blue-on-black LR last week in Portland. No VIN, and my SA didn’t have a delivery estimate except for “March.” If you look at the spreadsheet on this forum, pacific NW customers seem to get their VIN just a couple of days before delivery, and almost always get delivery in the last week of the quarter. We’ll be waiting a bit.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
My SA told me he is very positive I will get a VIN in the next week or two. I guess this is going to be a 2-month wait.

Speaking from experience. I'd take what your SA tells you with a huge grain of salt. My SA told me I'd take delivery the 2nd week of December. Which then became "for sure delivery last week of December." Here we are March 1st and I'd wager my car hasn't even been built yet.