Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my new pick-up date... Wednesday. The service center tracked down the delivery driver and got an ETA when the car will be at their store. Just rescheduled my rental car. I'm not upset because I don't think this was something they had control over. The service center was really helpful and said they were going to send me updates regarding where the car is at along the way. Must be nice to have a product so many people want, but so hard dealing with not being able to provide it to all the folks.
1 more day waiting sucks but at least I can afford a Tesla (for now) and I have a garage with its own charger. In the big picture, I'm feeling really blessed.

Outstanding. Pics required. ;)

Enjoy the heated steering wheel.

I didn't know if you chose FSD or not. We didn't, but be sure to enable the Autosteer (Beta) setting under Autopilot before driving and try it on your long drive back. It's just enhanced Cruise control but it keeps you in the dead center of the lane. You only need to tweak the steering wheel every 60-90 seconds with slight pressure to let it know you're awake. It makes for a much more relaxing drive on the highway. Enable with two down presses on the drive stalk instead of one.

Also, don't worry you'll probably have the old software version installed like 2020.47.101.1 that still has the nice large bold fonts, the green battery gauge, and a larger map, etc. Sentry mode is buggy but is fixed later. Don't get too used to the look of this version. After a few days connected to home WiFi you'll get a new cumulative version with tons of new stuff like the ability to fart at people on the outside speaker when you're in park, etc. (no lie) My wife's just got her update today from 2020.47.101.1 to 2021.4.10.1 which includes the earlier changes the interface to light gray smaller fonts and a bit smaller map and gray battery level. Musk said the interface would all change later so it can be customized.

It's all good, not to worry. Enjoy it.

no - you are west coast and Tesla fills the orders here in the last month of the quarter. You ordered plenty early to get in on the March deliveries from what I have seen. Lots of people order about the 12th - 18th of the last month of the quarter and get cars within a week based on history in spreadsheet.
ok ... this is good to know. My order date was 2/21 so looks like I squeaked in :)

I talk about Tesla so much my 5 yr old gets excited. We were in Vancouver most of Last year and they are everywhere and my daughter just loved to look at them all so she could see the “iPad” inside. This was way before I even ordered. Had to wait until I got back home. She’s going to come with me to pick it up and be the first to sit in it and drive it home with me. It’s going to be a special day for her.

• Love
Reactions: tstolze and M321
I talk about Tesla so much my 5 yr old gets excited. We were in Vancouver most of Last year and they are everywhere and my daughter just loved to look at them all so she could see the “iPad” inside. This was way before I even ordered. Had to wait until I got back home. She’s going to come with me to pick it up and be the first to sit in it and drive it home with me. It’s going to be a special day for her.

Both my kids are pretty excited along with me, truly down to ride. I'm sure absolutely everyone else who I interact with in any meaningful way knows more about this car than they ever wanted to and really just wants me to stop talking.

Both my kids are pretty excited along with me, truly down to ride. I'm sure absolutely everyone else who I interact with in any meaningful way knows more about this car than they ever wanted to and really just wants me to stop talking.

Do you still have a delivery date on your order? Since i know how close you are to me, its the only thing that will help my sanity.

Outstanding. Pics required. ;)

I didn't know if you chose FSD or not. We didn't, but be sure to enable the Autosteer (Beta) setting under Autopilot before driving and try it on your long drive back. It's just enhanced Cruise control but it keeps you in the dead center of the lane. You only need to tweak the steering wheel every 60-90 seconds with slight pressure to let it know you're awake. It makes for a much more relaxing drive on the highway. Enable with two down presses on the drive stalk instead of one.

I'll definitely post pics. It will get 2 road trips this week. 1 from KC home and the other to OKC this weekend. I plan on using the autopilot/autosteer... and test out that sound system I've not heard the 14 speaker system yet.

Reactions: Mark57