Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been asked but have we determined that most VIN notifications come via text/email or just by stumbling upon it through the account page? I just want to make sure my repeated refreshing isn’t all a waste of time.

I know this has been asked but have we determined that most VIN notifications come via text/email or just by stumbling upon it through the account page? I just want to make sure my repeated refreshing isn’t all a waste of time.

I still haven't gotten a notification about my VIN, it just showed up randomly. Couple of days later I got my automated scheduling text.

Reactions: mb123 and M321
Funny, I just checked earlier, and didn't see them. Are you using ev-tsla.com by chance? Not sure of a better site to check.

I'm in same boat as you - I'd seriously consider, if it weren't for the FSD inclusion.

Does Tesla still charge destination and doc fees on a demo vehicle? What about transport fees? I didn't see any listed for the demo vehicles that popped-up in Southern California for example.
Funny, I just checked earlier, and didn't see them. Are you using ev-tsla.com by chance? Not sure of a better site to check.

I'm in same boat as you - I'd seriously consider, if it weren't for the FSD inclusion.

Does Tesla still charge destination and doc fees on a demo vehicle? What about transport fees? I didn't see any listed for the demo vehicles that popped-up in Southern California for example.
FSD can easily be removed.

That’s going to look nice! I’m personally not a fan of the really dark tint. I think the car looks better when you can see through the windows a little bit.
I get tint for two reasons, heat rejection and some privacy behind the rear seats for packages I don’t want people seeing. That means probably a 30% rear side window ceramic tint. I’m ambivalent on putting a 70% tint on front side windows, but I am concerned about UV/IR transmission, so probably will. No tint on windshield. I want to be able to see out clearly at night. I’m also waiting to see how dark the roof is. From photos it appears the roof is quite dark, only clearing at the extreme rear so rear view mirror is practical.

Reactions: Habu
Just like @DarkAbyss my dates continue to be pushed back into an ever-shrinking window.
Estimated March 28-31 (yesterday was 27-31).
No VIN
White on White, 19"
Kansas City

If this keeps up, I fear that I will be pushed into April. My SA has told me for the last two weeks that I should get my VIN 'this week'.

Hey all, pulled the trigger last night, ordered a white/black in NY. Was approved for the 2.49 loan pretty fast and asked for a better rate, got 2.39 from chase which isn't a huge change but every little bit helps.

And now the waiting game begins, kind of hoping I get lucky here and get it in this quarter.

Just like @DarkAbyss my dates continue to be pushed back into an ever-shrinking window.
Estimated March 28-31 (yesterday was 27-31).
No VIN
White on White, 19"
Kansas City

If this keeps up, I fear that I will be pushed into April. My SA has told me for the last two weeks that I should get my VIN 'this week'.
Same here. I just have 18" rims. I found a M3LR in Tampa with your exact configuration. It had a "Buy now" option. I asked my wife if I should get the SA to match us to it, but she wanted to stick with the 18" rims.

Link for reference: 2021 Model 3 | Tesla

After thinking about this for a little bit, maybe that means we are close to getting our VINs since it goes East to West.