Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this morning and can say that I’m happy that a giant ball of stress is finally gone.

A couple of minor issues that are scheduled already. Had some residue on the inside front door panels from the protective stickers that wouldn’t come off. Also the hinge on the rear driver side door was banged up.

Can’t say I like the 19” sports in person so aftermarket we go.

Other than that I really enjoyed the drive home. Thanks for all of the advice and good luck on your deliveries.
F004A035-9BE6-4D0B-964E-CDD7D9F0A3DB.jpeg
86202E33-44B5-4ECE-8C91-70EE6E4451BC.jpeg

05D1E5E7-CE1D-43AD-AAC3-7E7664900790.jpeg

She said it’s highly likely we will receive our car even if it’s on the 31st and she would be shocked if we didn’t get it this quarter.

If I do get a VIN this quarter it’s for sure going to be at the very end of the month.
Is it Kat? That's who I've been dealing with at Seaside. Been really nice and responsive. I've seen the exact build as mine in existing inventory for about a week now and she said it was a pre-production car so I'm hoping it's mine. We'll see. My dates are also now March 26 - 31.

Is it Kat? That's who I've been dealing with at Seaside. Been really nice and responsive. I've seen the exact build as mine in existing inventory for about a week now and she said it was a pre-production car so I'm hoping it's mine. We'll see. My dates are also now March 26 - 31.
Yup it’s Kat! She has been nice. I don’t really bug her. I think since order I’ve only text her twice. I have the same dates as you also.

Just got a text from Tesla saying my car is on site (6 days early!) and i called and theyre letting me pick it up early at 4pm! (Ordered 2/25 vin 3/12)
I keep hoping this would happen for me. Scheduled appointment is this Saturday, but got the text last Friday saying it was en route. So I was hoping it showed up early and they'd tell me to come get it now (I had some time off already scheduled yesterday and today, so it would have been the perfect time to go). Congrats on the early delivery! Enjoy!

Where or how do you know your delivery location? How do you know it will not be delivered? I was assuming that came when a VIN was assigned. Renton is certainly closest to me as I'm out in Maple Valley, but I've never seen any sort of confirmation.
After assignment of my VIN, I received a text the next day stating my car would be delivered in 3-5 days to MY HOME ADDRESS. Apparently, if you live within 30 miles of a Service Center, this is their new preferred delivery method. I had to drive to the SC to get it changed to their dealership, which they did instantly.

I've been waiting for my delivery since November 2020, and finally got VIN on March 18 (white/white LR AWD, 18", no FSD; Southern CA). My delivery was scheduled for this morning, March 23, but, since March 19, Tesla pick up location has been calling if I can pick it up sooner. This morning, on the day of pick up, I get a text from Tesla location that there has been "paint issues" so they delayed pick up to a tentative date, March 28. I lined up other factors like selling my current vehicle, scheduling for PPF installation, etc. Tesla location had 4 days they could have inspected the vehicle since they asked me to pick it up. This, in addition to shady customer service (I've been cordial and polite in all my interactions with SA's, but ghosting, gaslighting, unanswered texts, cliff hanger emails seem to be company policy), is increasing my distrust over the vehicle's build quality and company practices overall. The m3 I was matched with came out of factory March 16, and within a week's time frame--there's already damage by sitting in the lot (problem might even be something else as far as I know). I am seriously having seconds thoughts about making the transition to Tesla and becoming dependent on the company without any third party option or support. Kind of feels like I am about recklessly marry a questionable Tinder date despite the red flags. I can't imagine what using their insurance and service centers will be like. Anyone else have this concern? If anyone is already in the Tesla ecosystem, am I just paranoid?
Good concerns, because Tesla doesn’t have a PR department or a phone line to actually talk to a live person. Their call tree appears to only connect you to FAQs or voicemail boxes. That said, their auto insurance has been getting sterling reviews, my encounters at our local Service Center have all been completely positive, and my delivery process was nearly flawless (they misprinted our address on the documents and had to reprint). There have so far been no major issues with my new car, I’ve handed it off to a detailer for PPF/Ceramic coatings (being done today), and will be getting it back tomorrow to begin enjoying it. So, YMMV. I’m sorry your experience has been poor and hope your issues are taken care of soon. For my part, everything has gone to plan, the car is beautiful, and a blast to drive. I’m looking forward to many years of driving enjoyment. Fingers crossed...

Where or how do you know your delivery location? How do you know it will not be delivered? I was assuming that came when a VIN was assigned. Renton is certainly closest to me as I'm out in Maple Valley, but I've never seen any sort of confirmation.
I received a text from Tesla the day of VIN assignment, stating that it was scheduled to be a home delivery. The text also includes a link to schedule the appointment (pick a time slot). Probably best to grab earliest time slot available that works for you, then call the service center and ask to pick it up in person, assuming that's your preference. They may or may not let you change it to SC pickup instead of home delivery. I couldn't in my case, but I will say the home delivery was super convenient.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
I haven't had any confirmation, notification or communication as that seems to be the Tesla way to coordinate these purchases and deliveries with their customers. I have a SA in Renton who did tell me "Yes we are still expecting it by the end of March. as soon as production finishes and your car gets assigned to a transportation truck you will receive a VIN and I can schedule pickup"

All I know is what they tell me which isn't much. I do question how they can finish building the car, put it on a truck which takes at least 2 days to get here probably 3 or 4, spend a day preparing the car once it arrives so it is ready for me to pick up in 7 days from today. I find this increasingly hard to comprehend especially since 2 of these 7 days are on the weekend. My assumption at this point is that I will not be driving my car by the end of March.

I haven't had any confirmation, notification or communication as that seems to be the Tesla way to coordinate these purchases and deliveries with their customers. I have a SA in Renton who did tell me "Yes we are still expecting it by the end of March. as soon as production finishes and your car gets assigned to a transportation truck you will receive a VIN and I can schedule pickup"

All I know is what they tell me which isn't much. I do question how they can finish building the car, put it on a truck which takes at least 2 days to get here probably 3 or 4, spend a day preparing the car once it arrives so it is ready for me to pick up in 7 days from today. I find this increasingly hard to comprehend especially since 2 of these 7 days are on the weekend. My assumption at this point is that I will not be driving my car by the end of March.
I wouldn't be so sure you won't have it by the end of the month. It only takes these guys a couple of days to transport the cars to Seattle area from Fremont. Mine left Fremont on 18th, arrived in Bellevue on the 20th around noon. It was inspected, detailed, and delivered in about 24 hours.

Based on brianld’s timeline earlier, I think we can get our cars in WA by March 31st if they assign VINs by Saturday and start trucking them up from Fremont on Sunday.

I feel you!

My car was built on the 17th, VIN assigned on 18th, arrived in Bellevue on 20th, delivered on 21st. 4 days end to end. I’m confident you’ll receive your car by 31st!

Based on brianld’s timeline earlier, I think we can get our cars in WA by March 31st if they assign VINs by Saturday and start trucking them up from Fremont on Sunday.
It's going to be a long few days.

Reactions: lukey13