Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a LR AWD white with black interior on 3/23 and received my VIN yesterday. Today I got a call that the vehicle has been built and to schedule a delivery appointment. My appointment is set for 5/5... the next two weeks are going to be very long....
That's awesome, congrats! I ordered mine the same day, any idea what the build date is on it? Whew yeah the wait is the worst!

Congratulations on your purchase! What colour did you go with? I feel like the Tesla community is so welcoming and close. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the road this summer!
thanks thanks :) i ordered the white on white with stock wheels. and yes, the feeling is mutual. the Tesla community is definitely welcoming. i guess we're a part of a revolution hahahha. go green!

tbh, it pains me every time i pump gas now since ordering. cant wait to pump AT HOME xP

thanks thanks :) i ordered the white on white with stock wheels. and yes, the feeling is mutual. the Tesla community is definitely welcoming. i guess we're a part of a revolution hahahha. go green!

tbh, it pains me every time i pump gas now since ordering. cant wait to pump AT HOME xP
I put $50 into my Acura last week of March and that was it, I ordered that night. Now I'm counting my delivery time based, not on weeks, but by how many more $50 I'm throwing away.

I put $50 into my Acura last week of March and that was it, I ordered that night. Now I'm counting my delivery time based, not on weeks, but by how many more $50 I'm throwing away

HAHAHAHHAHA the feeling is oh so similar man.
just today... i pumped my lex. usually give her a full tank (~86$CAD, 91 octane only), breaks my heart. and this happens twice on a weekly basis, around 3500$ yearly. 130km drive everyday.

needless to say... i really cannot wait for my (and all of our) orders to arrive. its like wasting money now whenever i pump gas (hope y'all get the point hehehe). 💔

I ordered a White with black interior LR on 4/14. I have all entries completed( indicated cash, but will switch to Tesla finance once VIN is assigned). Was hanging around June 7th-June 30th, but just got moved up to May 31-June 20th. Still waiting on VIN.

Wait is killing me. :)

Reactions: ayyitsjames
Congrats.. You should ask your SA for the birthday of your car.. see if it's something from before Apr 10 or after.. maybe someone cancelled and you are getting theirs. I ordered a LR AWD Blue with Black interior and 18" wheels too.. back in march. .but my date is still may 24-June 13.. Yours may be local stock and maybe something before they changed the doors. :)

Luckkkkkky!

That's the exact car I ordered on 4/1, and they are saying May 12 - June 1 for me

Woah lucky! I ordered LR AWD white with black interior and 18’s on April 10 and still no VIN, May 31-June 20. Anyways, that’s exciting!

Now I am told the vehicle will be ready for delivery on 5/4 so I scheduled my delivery for 5/4 10am. From start to finish only 3 weeks lol. Things are going a little bit fast 🤷‍♂️

Edit: My car's birthday is 4/19 according to my SA.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayyitsjames
HAHAHAHHAHA the feeling is oh so similar man.
just today... i pumped my lex. usually give her a full tank (~86$CAD, 91 octane only), breaks my heart. and this happens twice on a weekly basis, around 3500$ yearly. 130km drive everyday.

needless to say... i really cannot wait for my (and all of our) orders to arrive. its like wasting money now whenever i pump gas (hope y'all get the point hehehe). 💔

Damn you will notice a big difference in savings going from a Premium Gas Lexus to a Tesla. I won't see as big of savings. Right now I have a Honda Civic which only costs me $45-50 to fill up from empty. On average I fill up once per week, so I spend $2400 per year on gas. Then there's oil changes/fuel flushes/engine filters too which my car requires synthetic only so thats $100 a pop. Im still expecting to save about $1900 per year net (gas/oil change-hydro cost) with the Tesla. My Civic is also getting older, with 190k on it so Im having to do brakes every 2 years, and having many maintenance calls. So Im sure there will be additional savings as well. (PS call CAA for an insurance quote for the Tesla. My current company wanted to jack my rate up 25% from what Im paying now. CAA quoted me the same price Im paying for the Civic so I'll be switching).

I could have just bought another new Civic and saved money per month but my plan was always to upgrade to a more luxury car. I was considering an Acura TLX, Lexus IS 300, or an Audi A4. But the gasoline/oil change and insurance costs would have translated into hundreds more spent each month even though the Tesla is a more expensive car than all of those.

Reactions: EVxdream
I ordered a LR AWD white with white interior and 18" wheels on 1/30. Had my order on hold till 4/12. No VIN as of right now.

I've watch my estimated delivery date fluctuate from [May 24 - June 13] to as early as [May 3 - May 17]. Currently it is [May 25 - June 14].

I'm beginning to think that black interiors are receiving their VINs first and getting earlier delivery dates. Any one else have that hunch?

My friend ordered Red with black interior on 4/6 and had a VIN assigned yesterday with a delivery estimate of [May 2 - May 8].

Really hope I recieve a VIN soon and my dates get moved up again. Hoping to take our new Tesla on a road trip memorial day weekend.

Now I am told the vehicle will be ready for delivery on 5/4 so I scheduled my delivery for 5/4 10am. From start to finish only 3 weeks lol. Things are going a little bit fast 🤷‍♂️

Edit: My car's birthday is 4/19 according to my SA.
It is nice to see that some people actually hear from their SA. :)
I am still waiting to hear anything. Emails, calls, nothin'. I think they are pretty hit and miss.

Damn you will notice a big difference in savings going from a Premium Gas Lexus to a Tesla. I won't see as big of savings. Right now I have a Honda Civic which only costs me $45-50 to fill up from empty. On average I fill up once per week, so I spend $2400 per year on gas. Then there's oil changes/fuel flushes/engine filters too which my car requires synthetic only so thats $100 a pop. Im still expecting to save about $1900 per year net (gas/oil change-hydro cost) with the Tesla. My Civic is also getting older, with 190k on it so Im having to do brakes every 2 years, and having many maintenance calls. So Im sure there will be additional savings as well. (PS call CAA for an insurance quote for the Tesla. My current company wanted to jack my rate up 25% from what Im paying now. CAA quoted me the same price Im paying for the Civic so I'll be switching).

I could have just bought another new Civic and saved money per month but my plan was always to upgrade to a more luxury car. I was considering an Acura TLX, Lexus IS 300, or an Audi A4. But the gasoline/oil change and insurance costs would have translated into hundreds more spent each month even though the Tesla is a more expensive car than all of those.

no matter how we put it, we are all saving money one way or another :).
and man, i appreciate the tip! my current insurance remained relatively the same even with the tesla. well, a few bucks give or take.
but ill still call CAA to see what they can offer me. thank!

the way i see it, the gas savings alone in the years to come will end up paying for a piece of the car itself.
there is a video on youtube where a guy compares owning a tesla vs his current toyota corolla and how he convinced his wife that its cheaper to own a tesla ahahhaha

tldr: even after the financing, those with ICE vehicles will still be paying the same premium for gas if not more.
meanwhile.... WE.... wont ;) HEHEHEHE im tesla fanboying right now lol. even the wife said now you're dissing the gas stations...

no matter how we put it, we are all saving money one way or another :).
and man, i appreciate the tip! my current insurance remained relatively the same even with the tesla. well, a few bucks give or take.
but ill still call CAA to see what they can offer me. thank!

the way i see it, the gas savings alone in the years to come will end up paying for a piece of the car itself.
there is a video on youtube where a guy compares owning a tesla vs his current toyota corolla and how he convinced his wife that its cheaper to own a tesla ahahhaha

tldr: even after the financing, those with ICE vehicles will still be paying the same premium for gas if not more.
meanwhile.... WE.... wont ;) HEHEHEHE im tesla fanboying right now lol. even the wife said now you're dissing the gas stations...

You sound like me HAHA. I am turning into such a Tesla fanboy. I think the general public doesn't understand just how nice these cars are. They have heard old news stories from years ago about short range/no charging stations/limited mobility, etc and thats what is sticking in their heads. Times certainly have changed though that's for sure. I can't wait to show it off and never visit another gas station again.

Reactions: EVxdream
I ordered a LR AWD white with white interior and 18" wheels on 1/30. Had my order on hold till 4/12. No VIN as of right now.

I've watch my estimated delivery date fluctuate from [May 24 - June 13] to as early as [May 3 - May 17]. Currently it is [May 25 - June 14].

I'm beginning to think that black interiors are receiving their VINs first and getting earlier delivery dates. Any one else have that hunch?

My friend ordered Red with black interior on 4/6 and had a VIN assigned yesterday with a delivery estimate of [May 2 - May 8].

Really hope I recieve a VIN soon and my dates get moved up again. Hoping to take our new Tesla on a road trip memorial day weekend.

i too ordered the same specs as yours. 3/28. current est delivery: may 26-june 15. no vin. been the same delivery date for a week now.
im hoping to receive my VIN soon as well so that i could proceed with insurance etc.

It is nice to see that some people actually hear from their SA. :)
I am still waiting to hear anything. Emails, calls, nothin'. I think they are pretty hit and miss.
My SA was super attentive to me in the 72 hours after placing my reservation, trying to find me Inventory models that matched my spec so I could take delivery ASAP. After that time frame, haven't heard a peep.