Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I think I figured it out. There is the "568km" range (353mi US model), the "614km range" (EU made in USA "model") and the 640km model. The later is the one with the new battery cells which are either in the works or the newer made in China model or nonexistent...

There is no differences between the 614km model and the 353mi one.

The later is the EPA measurements and the former is the WTLP one. It is the same car. So you do get the "614km" one. It's just not a thing. Since that's the standard used in EU, Tesla advertise a different range in EU than US because they legally can. However, it's the same range. And we know that in real life getting even 353mi from the LR is a stretch.

The 640km is a new thing. (see Long Range M3 - WLTP increased to 614 km from 580 km for the reference)

In other words @TheRFMan was right.

Reactions: travis3000
In Spain, today it's being a long day on forums about the increased range from 580 to 614 km. No comments about the 640 km. Yesterday the web showed 580 km. and today 614 km. So people started discussing about... Software update? ....82 kWh battery? ...New measurement test? Well, I also agree with @TheRFMan, I think a new WLTP test was made with some parameters changed. Any way, excited and counting down the days. :)

04/12 - Placed order for M3LR
04/19 - Submitted pictures for trade in
04/23 - Received trade in value and accepted it

Expected delivery date - June 8-28

My local Tesla centre has advised me to realistically expect the last week of June for delivery because that's when they're expecting M3s to arrive to their location (West coast Canada). End of June is actually ideal for me so it works out really nicely assuming I don't miss a delivery.

In Spain, today it's being a long day on forums about the increased range from 580 to 614 km. No comments about the 640 km. Yesterday the web showed 580 km. and today 614 km. So people started discussing about... Software update? ....82 kWh battery? ...New measurement test? Well, I also agree with @TheRFMan, I think a new WLTP test was made with some parameters changed. Any way, excited and counting down the days. :)
LR is now possible to get with 82kwh Panasonic battery pack. There is also possible that some will still get 75kwh LG.

Rumor is that there is also new rear motor.

In tesla.com, in Europe, Model 3 cars in stock that claims to have 614km range are the ones with the new wood trims (design MT321), and 580km range cars don't have the wood trim (design MT316).

So, if you look at the source code of a page of a Model 3 with 614km range, you will find the MT321 word, MT316 otherwise.

Please, anyone with the VIN assigned in his/her Tesla account page (or in it's source code) can search for the word "MT316" or "MT321" in such page source code, and then post the VIN last six digits (hiding 2 last digits for example to not completely reveal it). This way, we can know approximately in which VIN they started with the MT321 design.

In tesla.com, in Europe, Model 3 cars in stock that claims to have 614km range are the ones with the new wood trims (design MT321), and 580km range cars don't have the wood trim (design MT316).

So, if you look at the source code of a page of a Model 3 with 614km range, you will find the MT321 word, MT316 otherwise.

Please, anyone with the VIN assigned in his/her Tesla account page (or in it's source code) can search for the word "MT316" or "MT321" in such page source code, and then post the VIN last six digits (hiding 2 last digits for example to not completely reveal it). This way, we can know approximately in which VIN they started with the MT321 design.
The range is the same. The only difference os the WLTP rating. It is the same car (trim is new but range is the same)

Are you sure? Any sources?
We went through this on this very thread on this page or the one before. They come from the fremont factory. The us/canada/mexico still displays “353mi” EPA rating. The EU pages displays 614km WLTP rating. It is the same car, just range measured a different way.

check this article for more details.

Reactions: Arpe