Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
again, welcome to the club :(...

I need to know when to sell my car... I hate this cha cha cha. I feel like its going to go from May 30th to June 19th to BAM we've got your VIN it will be here in 2 days and send me into a tailspin trying to get everything all ready. I certainly hope I at least get a weeks notice. Im debating just selling my car in the next week or two to get the cash in hand.

I need to know when to sell my car... I hate this cha cha cha. I feel like its going to go from May 30th to June 19th to BAM we've got your VIN it will be here in 2 days and send me into a tailspin trying to get everything all ready. I certainly hope I at least get a weeks notice. Im debating just selling my car in the next week or two to get the cash in hand.
Don't worry, they give you the 1-13 range for delivery.. then a vin and requirement to pickup within a few days or they will sell it to someone else.

thankfully I am just paying for mine outright.. already sold the Ram and just put that on my line of credit.. so once the car comes in it should be simple enough.. but can't imagine how annoying it would be for someone to need a few extra days to arrange financing just to have tesla sell it to someone else... Hopefully that isn't common.. makes it really hard to schedule vacation.. guess with covid that's less of an issue since most aren't traveling around.. (at least here in Canada)

you would be able to sell your car quick.. I sold my ram in less than 15 minutes on Facebook marketplace and got 5k more than I thought I would.

Reactions: EVxdream

yeah i know the feeling. ive already sold mine and have been using the wifes for a week now.
no sense of putting more km's on it as i drive 120km a day. trying to retain some value hehehhe.
in addition, i wont have to pay an extra insurance for the month of may. let alone the premium gas that feeds the v6 🥴.
cha ching cha ching !

Reactions: travis3000
Don't worry, they give you the 1-13 range for delivery.. then a vin and requirement to pickup within a few days or they will sell it to someone else.

thankfully I am just paying for mine outright.. already sold the Ram and just put that on my line of credit.. so once the car comes in it should be simple enough.. but can't imagine how annoying it would be for someone to need a few extra days to arrange financing just to have tesla sell it to someone else... Hopefully that isn't common.. makes it really hard to schedule vacation.. guess with covid that's less of an issue since most aren't traveling around.. (at least here in Canada)

you would be able to sell your car quick.. I sold my ram in less than 15 minutes on Facebook marketplace and got 5k more than I thought I would.

Wow lucky you! To be in a position to buy a 70k car cash. I wish haha. My financing is all set with Scotia Bank. I've finalized all the terms. But a portion (1/3) of my downpayment will be paid with my car sale. I find pickup trucks are always so easy to sell because of the demand. But I have a Honda Civic with 190k on it, and the outcome so far on Facebook market place seems to be all low ballers. I have a very attractive quote from a car dealership that I am planning to use when I'm ready. But I don't want to sell my car and not have a ride for weeks on end. I guess worst case I can just use my line of credit until I sell my car.

So these issues are common then. It is kind of sad to receive a new car and get it serviced immediately.
No they are not. This is an extensive topic. The short version is:

- Yes minor problem occurs. Most are addressable
- The vast majority of people do not experience any issues
- you only ever hear about the problematic cases, rarely if ever of the none problematic ones which gives an impression of that being worst than it really is
- Those issues are no less infrequent on any other car brands. There is a stronger public willingness to tear down Tesla than other brands resulting in a false impression of Tesla being worst that others
- Tesla is well known to more than adequately addressing those issues than any other brands post delivery

Reactions: travis3000 and ZYaj